News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

GeneralKnowledge

Thats the moon I think :p

A39F3186-B9F7-4BF0-8FAB-D8462A66B750.jpeg

Goofyernmost

OTOH, the person asking the question can do the respectful thing and look through the thread or do a search before asking the question.
I believe that they said they tried a search, but, that's not the point. We are all supposed to be Disney fans and by proclaiming that we are saying we are all people with a like interest. It is not unusual for people that don't have a lot of experience using the boards ask questions when they need quick answers. Some don't even know a search function is there. It is simple, if someone doesn't want to answer, they don't have too. Someone else may be kind enough or have been there before and willing to help out instead of being critical.

The phase, I don't have the time to go through 300+ pages isn't necessarily the insult that some of you decided to put on it. Sometimes they really don't have the time. We all work within different boundaries. It isn't necessary to be rude. One could have answered or perhaps said, hey, I don't know the answer but have you tried the search function? That is how, people should communicate. Paranoia should not be the knee jerk reaction.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe that they said they tried a search, but, that's not the point. We are all supposed to be Disney fans and by proclaiming that we are saying we are all people with a like interest. It is not unusual for people that don't have a lot of experience using the boards ask questions when they need quick answers. Some don't even know a search function is there. It is simple, if someone doesn't want to answer, they don't have too. Someone else may be kind enough or have been there before and willing to help out instead of being critical.

The phase, I don't have the time to go through 300+ pages isn't necessarily the insult that some of you decided to put on it. Sometimes they really don't have the time. We all work within different boundaries. It isn't necessary to be rude. One could have answered or perhaps said, hey, I don't know the answer but have you tried the search function? That is how, people should communicate. Paranoia should not be the knee jerk reaction.

I'd agree with you...if the thing was BUILT!!!

but it's mud right now...I can verify...

No...always on disney forums there are people who log on and get snippy that they "don't have the TIME to read..."

To which I ask: "why are you on a disney forum, self-important sweetheart?"
I call bunk on this one.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Doesn't have to be rude either, does it? No matter what board it is on. And responding to a simple question in that way is nothing but RUDE! Don't want to answer, then skip over it and let someone else do it. There is no rule that anyone has to be jacka$$ even if it seems to be in favor these days.

Does that include no more long rambling angry rants?

smile

Doesn't have to be rude either, does it? No matter what board it is on. And responding to a simple question in that way is nothing but RUDE! Don't want to answer, then skip over it and let someone else do it. There is no rule that anyone has to be jacka$$ even if it seems to be in favor these days.

what's rude is asking others to do the work for you...
anybody asking for others to do their homework should go in expecting varied reactions - one of which is 'do your own homework'

now, times have changed since entire schools were all in one room, but i'm sure you can still appreciate the notion
:p

Grimley1968

Interesting that they called the Skyliner the 'Italian Job'...another confirmation that the Insiders here are pretty dang connected.

I saw that line and didn't understand the "Italian Job" reference. Is that industry jargon for the Skyliner, or some kind of reference to gondolas being Italian in origin?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I saw that line and didn't understand the "Italian Job" reference. Is that industry jargon for the Skyliner, or some kind of reference to gondolas being Italian in origin?

That's sort of it. The play on the gondolas on the canals of Venice with the gondolas of a lift. "The Italian Job" is the name of a recent-ish movie. Someone at WDW couldn't help themselves.

smile

lol you did it the sly, organic, acceptable way
;)

it's the, 'hey guys, i've been too busy with life cause i'm awesome - can one of you not as awesome people who have time to read all this stuff catch me up so i don't have to find something i want to know on my own' people that should expect blowback

lazyboy97o

Where Universal has their number soup to refer to projects, Disney has taken up project names. Italian Job, Mischief, MK2, Sausalito, Delos, Alcatraz, Big Bird. That sort of stuff.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

That's sort of it. The play on the gondolas on the canals of Venice with the gondolas of a lift. "The Italian Job" is the name of a recent-ish movie. Someone at WDW couldn't help themselves.

You must be pretty old to consider 1969 recent-ish.

(Yes, I'm aware of the remake)

Grimley1968

lol you did it the sly, organic, acceptable way
;)

it's the, 'hey guys, i've been too busy with life cause i'm awesome - can one of you not as awesome people who have time to read all this stuff catch me up so i don't have to find something i want to know on my own' people that should expect blowback

What a nice way to point out my hypocrisy! :joyfull:

Goofyernmost

what's rude is asking others to do the work for you...
anybody asking for others to do their homework should go in expecting varied reactions - one of which is 'do your own homework'

now, times have changed since entire schools were all in one room, but i'm sure you can still appreciate the notion
:p
Good grief, are we back in school all of a sudden or are any of us getting paid to be on here. One has nothing to do with the other. Asking a question on a Disney Discussion Board is one of the reasons why it exists. Nobody is doing anybody's work. No one said look it up and tell me. If someone knew, perhaps a word or two to bring them up to speed. Or are we still in first grade and they are leaning over to copy off your alphabet test.

smile

Good grief, are we back in school all of a sudden or are any of us getting paid to be on here. One has nothing to do with the other. Asking a question on a Disney Discussion Board is one of the reasons why it exists. Nobody is doing anybody's work. No one said look it up and tell me. If someone knew, perhaps a word or two to bring them up to speed. Or are we still in first grade and they are leaning over to copy off your alphabet test.

if one wants to interject out of nowhere, they can go back a few pages and get their bearings, and only then should they intervene; it's disrespectful to the discussion and those taking part to expect it to stop just to make sure somebody understands something that somebody else explained five pages ago - because this isn't a real discussion as there's a real way to go back and catch up without turning the topic towards ones own ignorance of it

you've also been on this big round ball long enough to not expect everyone to hold hands and sing - especially on the internet...
granted, there's no reason to be only rude, but rude for rude is understandable, which is what this is

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom