News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, PCL does a lot of big projects for Disney. They were also the main contractor on Disney Springs.

Springs really ended up being a massive project...the other two are quite smaller in comparison...the gondola stations (I saw the site work on 4 up close last week) aren't incredibly huge - thankfully.

Kamikaze

Just for the hell of it, you can really say that trying to find answers out of 389 pages is the same as asking someone, anyone to spend 2 minutes answering the question. I thought that we were all supposed to be happy, caring, considerate and helpful Disney fans. I must have the wrong board.

Just because the board is about Disney doesn't mean everything has to be nicey-nice.

Goofyernmost

Just because the board is about Disney doesn't mean everything has to be nicey-nice.
Doesn't have to be rude either, does it? No matter what board it is on. And responding to a simple question in that way is nothing but RUDE! Don't want to answer, then skip over it and let someone else do it. There is no rule that anyone has to be jacka$$ even if it seems to be in favor these days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Doesn't have to be rude either, does it? No matter what board it is on. And responding to a simple question in that way is nothing but RUDE! Don't want to answer, then skip over it and let someone else do it. There is no rule that anyone has to be jacka$$ even if it seems to be in favor these days.

No...but in my experience the rude usually comes after patronizing...

Patronizing is just as offensive as rude - because it's often an unintelligent way of saying "don't think/question...trust disney"

That's not good.

NormC

Like I said, time will tell.
And it has. Many of the ski areas up here in New England run their Gondolas year round. Some have observation decks or restaurants up top. Some just have hiking trails or mountain biking. Some have mountain coasters or zip lines to ride back down.
Wheel chairs and strollers are a common sight up here. Disney is not reinventing the wheel.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And it has. Many of the ski areas up here in New England run their Gondolas year round. Some have observation decks or restaurants up top. Some just have hiking trails or mountain biking. Some have mountain coasters to ride back down.
Wheel chairs and strollers are a common sight up here. Disney is not reinventing the wheel.

This is what I keep thinking...I don't get the angst over this...

And remember: lake buena vista is flat! The thing is low strain and will be 50 ft off the ground.

Goofyernmost

It doesn't...it was a tangent...but you did the whole "you don't have to be rude about it"...which shows up once on EVERY long thread...and that's my queue to point out that substance always trumps tone. Always.

Now back to the ski lift to the black diamond trails 😎
Well, you almost never hear me use the word rude, because I know what rude is. I used to watch Full House! So in this case the substance was not unreasonable, so that would trump the tone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, you almost never hear me use the word rude, because I know what rude is. I used to watch Full House! So in this case the substance was not unreasonable, so that would trump the tone.

I certainly agree with you a lot of the time...this seems maybe a touch of friendly fire this time.

That aggressive "I can't be expected to read!! I need answers to something that will open 16 months from now...NOW!!!" Is bunk. If you're gonna fire flak...that's a good target.

Though your point - and I agree - is it's not a necessity.

Goofyernmost

This is what I keep thinking...I don't get the angst over this...

And remember: lake buena vista is flat! The thing is low strain and will be 50 ft off the ground.
And well you shouldn't. Some are staying up nights trying to find as much imagined fault that they can. I might have missed it, but, the only disparaging thing I haven't heard yet is "What if the cable snaps?".
We all come-a tumbling down.

Kamikaze

OTOH, the person asking the question can do the respectful thing and look through the thread or do a search before asking the question.

Cesar R M

Yeah, it could be the moon... the totally white, uncratered moon whose moonlight keeps the sunlight from illuminating the clouds under its spell.

The artist didn't take liberties, it ran over liberties and then backed up over it several times.

You suddenly reminded me of The Naked Gun movie.

Where Debrin gets applauded for killing his 1000th drug dealers, and he says about backing them up.. and luckily they were drug dealers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom