Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

nickys

Premium Member
Are you suggesting that TSMM will close completely for a full month or more? Has this been hinted at before?

Nope, not hinted at before.

It's been confirmed that they're going to stand-by only to allow the queues to be redone and the entrances moved. That much we know.

I thought @marni1971 suggested they might need to close for a day or two, but no more than that?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We arrive the following day so I expect the new land to be a madhouse :eek:. Now to keep an eye out for when we can get FP for these rides. Would they be available to book on our 60 day mark?

I don't see any enjoyment with this given the current state of both studios and the overall crowd levels.

The parks have been relegated to "3 rides" or "ambience"...from what I've Seen this week, there are little other options.
45 minute waits at opening during magic hours...aka no fastpass even to deal with...

...mocking cheers from those that are allowed to move in the standby lines....

...all pathways filled by 10 am.

There are some pluses...a lot of reservations available...best blizzard beach day I've ever seen...generally speaking the resort pools are manageable...

But parks and rides?? No...it's not working. I see no way that studios will be more manageable with these small capacity rides...it will likely be far worse.

nickys

Premium Member
We arrive the following day so I expect the new land to be a madhouse :eek:. Now to keep an eye out for when we can get FP for these rides. Would they be available to book on our 60 day mark?

Maybe, given it's still quite a while until it opens.

I think for Pandora, FP booking opened sometime between the 30 and 60 day mark, so people staying onsite got some, but not full, advantage of the booking window.

tminus7

Are you suggesting that TSMM will close completely for a full month or more? Has this been hinted at before?

No, I don't think Disney will close TSMM for a whole month. I should have said Fastpass+ line closes April to May, other tracks to start closings end of May/early June and then full closure before opening Toy Story Land. The full attraction closure will probably be less than a week.

smile

Arguably, it could have been open a year ago if they had really wanted it to be.

dear chap, may i posit that it would have been nigh impossible to open tsl concurrently with pandora...
it's simply beyond the realm of the physical universe as we know it, regardness of need - utter fiscal madness!

Good to see TDO is aggressively addressing the capacity issues of this sad little park.

damn_good_stuff_sir.gif

mightybhwk

Just my luck they are opening TSL in the middle of my vacation there. I scheduled a vacation back in '14 to Universal not knowing about Diagon Alley. Well they opened that while I was there and it was a mad house and we waited in line for Gringotts for over 8 hours. It just became funny after awhile.

I was really hoping for a Memorial Day opening so all the bugs can get worked out and all the wackadoodles can get their fill.

The only thing that helped Diagon Alley (IMO) was the soft openings. Do you think that TSL will have soft openings before the 30th?

Even if the rides are not going at least people can walk around the area.

ps. Thanks for the acceptance. Long time lurker, first time poster.

nickys

Premium Member
Just my luck they are opening TSL in the middle of my vacation there. I scheduled a vacation back in '14 to Universal not knowing about Diagon Alley. Well they opened that while I was there and it was a mad house and we waited in line for Gringotts for over 8 hours. It just became funny after awhile.

I was really hoping for a Memorial Day opening so all the bugs can get worked out and all the wackadoodles can get their fill.

The only thing that helped Diagon Alley (IMO) was the soft openings. Do you think that TSL will have soft openings before the 30th?

I think they'll go for previews only, like Pandora. But until they announce their plans it's speculation!

99.99 % certain they will for SW:GE anyway.

smile

:mad:
ugh - go back underground..............
NOT!
:p

welcome to the show - participation is encouraged.
please have a seat, but keep in mind that the first few rows are in, what we like to call, 'the splash zone'

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe, given it's still quite a while until it opens.

I think for Pandora, FP booking opened sometime between the 30 and 60 day mark, so people staying onsite got some, but not full, advantage of the booking window.

Edited to add:

Having searched the News archives here (where else?), the timeline for Pandora was

Feb 7th - opening date confirmed as May 27th

March 23rd - FP tiers announced, plus EMH plans confirmed

March 24th - FP booking opened, so those who had resort stays spanning the opening date could book for the 27th onwards
- and plans for AP and DVC previews confirmed

So, by that timescale, expect FP booking to open towards the end of April.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nope, not hinted at before.

It's been confirmed that they're going to stand-by only to allow the queues to be redone and the entrances moved. That much we know.

I thought @marni1971 suggested they might need to close for a day or two, but no more than that?
I’ve heard every option as an... option. I can’t honestly say which would happen. If it’s lenghty I’d be surprised. Although I was surprised by the late late opening date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom