Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Alright. How are the bathrooms in SWL going to look like?

Toilet.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From Disney's PR regarding the D23 Expo:

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
This highly anticipated new land is set to open in 2019, both at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland Park – on a grand scale – including the creation of a full-sized fleet of X-wing star fighters and a life-size Millennium Falcon starship.​
The totally immersive land will include two jaw-dropping attractions that allow guests to have control of their experiences. One attraction will put guests in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance—inside a Star Destroyer. In the second attraction, guests will have the chance to fly the Millennium Falcon – the most famous ship in the galaxy. Throughout the land, guests will also have the chance to interact with Chewie, the lovable BB8 and members of the First Order, plus wander through a toy shop in the street market run by a Toydarian, one of the creatures from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.​

What's interesting about this is specifically placing the BB8 and Chewie M&G in Batuu. Wonder if that has import to what they will do with Launch Bay? Will Launch Bay stick around to absorb SW mania, will it stick around because WDW is slow to do anything, or will it go away fast?

britain

From Disney's PR regarding the D23 Expo:

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
This highly anticipated new land is set to open in 2019, both at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland Park – on a grand scale – including the creation of a full-sized fleet of X-wing star fighters and a life-size Millennium Falcon starship.​
The totally immersive land will include two jaw-dropping attractions that allow guests to have control of their experiences. One attraction will put guests in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance—inside a Star Destroyer. In the second attraction, guests will have the chance to fly the Millennium Falcon – the most famous ship in the galaxy. Throughout the land, guests will also have the chance to interact with Chewie, the lovable BB8 and members of the First Order, plus wander through a toy shop in the street market run by a Toydarian, one of the creatures from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.​

What's interesting about this is specifically placing the BB8 and Chewie M&G in Batuu. Wonder if that has import to what they will do with Launch Bay? Will Launch Bay stick around to absorb SW mania, will it stick around because WDW is slow to do anything, or will it go away fast?

Interesting that they are saying that battle escape has an interactive element to it too. We knew Falcon did, but this seems like news to me.

jess.bacon

In the bottom left corner of some of these images, you can see the Slinky Dog Dash coaster. It might just be the angle that the photos were taken on, but it looks like the line of sight from the ride will have you looking right at/into Galaxy's Edge. Disney is always really good about disguising each area of the parks so that you only see what relates to the land that you're in, so this seems very unlike them. Are they planning to build a wall, putting up a backdrop, etc. to hide Star Wars land from the view of Toy Story land???

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If you look at the pictures of TSL from earlier this week, you can see the fence they have erected to block the parking garage, and to make it look like you are in Andy's backyard. I would expect that same fence to exist on the SWL side of TSL as well to help block the backstage buildings that are right there, and then the rest of SWL. It is possible that you could see some far-away mountains over the fence, and I don't think that would break continuity as long as they look like they are a distance away from Andy's backyard.
Look like the dirt/tree berm has already been built, I think the perspective of the aerials is making it look like it will be visible.

jess.bacon

If you look at the pictures of TSL from earlier this week, you can see the fence they have erected to block the parking garage, and to make it look like you are in Andy's backyard. I would expect that same fence to exist on the SWL side of TSL as well to help block the backstage buildings that are right there, and then the rest of SWL. It is possible that you could see some far-away mountains over the fence, and I don't think that would break continuity as long as they look like they are a distance away from Andy's backyard.
I wasn't sure if they were going to extend the fence, but that seems like it would make sense and hide SWL from view for the most part! Thanks for responding!

jess.bacon

Look like the dirt/tree berm has already been built, I think the perspective of the aerials is making it look like it will be visible.
I noticed that too- with the angle the pictures were taken at it's hard to tell how tall those are and if they totally block the view of SWL or not.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't expect a fence to be built where I have marked in blue, if they were planning to, they would have done it already. I think they are relying on the trees, and the angle of the track to hide that view

The red area appears to be a new berm that once planted should hide most of the view into SWL.

1518718229615.png

TiggerDad

I don't expect a fence to be built where I have marked in blue, if they were planning to, they would have done it already. I think they are relying on the trees, and the angle of the track to hide that view

The red area appears to be a new berm that once planted should hide most of the view into SWL.

View attachment 264311
I guess not all backyards have a fence on all sides

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom