A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Aha! I had wondered if that was the ability RJ was thinking about when he created that scene. I posted the following back on p. 13 of the spoiler thread for TLJ back on Dec. 18:

I feel like I deserve a cookie or something. lol!
williams-sonoma-star-wars-8-piece-cookie-cutter-set-1-o.jpg

FigmentJedi

Did I read different Zahn and EU books back in the day? There was no Ben Solo in (previous) canon (now designated as "Legends"). :confused:
You’re right. My memory is wrong. It’s been years. Where did I see Ben Solo in the EU? Maybe my memory is failing me here.

Is there a Ben character in the EU that I’m getting confused?
I believe that Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade's son was named Ben.
It should be noted that Kylo Ren/Ben Solo inherited much of his character arc from Jacen Solo in the old EU books in that they were both sons of Han that fell to the dark side, though Jacen's turn was more tied into all the other messed up crap going on in the galaxy in his life and he didn't kill his dad.

AEfx

I never said we should excuse or accept crap dialog. But to say that any dialog in the film wasn’t appropriate for the saga is laughable given the history of the films. They’ve been all over the place from iconic quotes to cringeworthy dialog to massive errors in continuity from the beginning.

Again, I challenge you to find anything as egregious as Finn's childish "battle cry" - ripping off a TMNT line, while at the same time completely violating the Star Wars universe.

Cosmic Commando

Again, I challenge you to find anything as egregious as Finn's childish "battle cry" - ripping off a TMNT line, while at the same time completely violating the Star Wars universe.
I'd take "chrome dome" over either NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO or I HATE YOU from RotS. "Only Sith deal in absolutes" deserves a special prize, if it wasn't intended to be a commentary on the hubris of the Jedi (I've never heard one way or another).

Now, why do you act like TMNT invented "chrome dome"? It's been around for a long time, and I doubt the public associates it with the turtles.

I don't blame you if "chrome dome" takes you out of the movie, but there are lots of examples where Star Wars borrows words from "real life" that don't logically make sense. Except younglings, for some reason.

the.dreamfinder

⚡⚡️Actual news⚡⚡
TWDC has picked former iTunes and Walmart executive Kevin Swint to run its upcoming streaming, or SVOD, service. What’s intersting, and concerning, about this development is the Disney SVOD division will fall under BAMTech, as opposed to being connected to the Disney Channel with BAMTech as the technical foundation. While not an either/or proposition in the short term, the streaming platform needs to be the evolution of the Disney Channel. Why wouldn’t you set it up under the Disney Channel Group and really start to challenge how Disney uses these channels and how a streaming service changes that. The streaming service excites me, but maybe they don’t see what I see in its potential.
⚡⚡️That is all!⚡⚡

Cosmic Commando

⚡⚡️Actual news⚡⚡
TWDC has picked former iTunes and Walmart executive Kevin Swint to run its upcoming streaming, or SVOD, service. What’s intersting, and concerning, about this development is the Disney SVOD division will fall under BAMTech, as opposed to being connected to the Disney Channel with BAMTech as the technical foundation. While not an either/or proposition in the short term, the streaming platform needs to be the evolution of the Disney Channel. Why wouldn’t you set it up under the Disney Channel Group and really start to challenge how Disney uses these channels and how a streaming service changes that. The streaming service excites me, but maybe they don’t see what I see in its potential.
⚡⚡️That is all!⚡⚡
I'm not an expert, but I would guess they see it as a separate group within the company that will "license" from Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Fox, Lucasfilm, Marvel, WDFA, Pixar, etc. I agree that it should/could basically supplant Disney Channel, but it has to be way more than Disney Channel. I don't know enough, though, to know how it would be different organized under Disney Channel vs. BAMTech, though.

smile

His response to force abilities of Leia is a little lacking.

first and second responses were appropriate - doesn't make their inclusion any less lame, imo...
the cost paid in the first instance, however, still doesn't make sense for anything other than it's own narrative purposes.

far as the last response - welp, what else could he have said?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
first and second responses were appropriate - doesn't make their inclusion any less lame, imo...
the cost paid in the first instance, however, still doesn't make sense for anything other than it's own narrative purposes.

far as the last response - welp, what else could he have said?
I think its pretty cool he is taking the time to interact with fans and answer questions. He is under no obligation to do so and I think shows that he actually cares about his product (just my opinion).

I have come to my own personal conclusion that (most of) the Star Wars fans who are upset about TLJ because they did not get exactly what they wanted are of the same mindset of people who were excited about Frozen Ever After taking over Norway pavilion and made any justification possible to validate that it was a great idea because it was EXACTLY what they wanted, and by that I mean they just wanted more rides at Epcot.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
⚡⚡️Actual news⚡⚡
⚡⚡️That is all!⚡⚡
I am far from a corporate person, but arent most of theses decisions to bring in a person from another big corporation done so they have an executive with personal relationships in a company like iTunes/Walmart (in this case) rather than using someone in house who "lacks" connections? Just a thought. If the intent is push the potential of the streaming service I could see how a man like Kevin Smith is useful since iTunes and Walmart push massive amounts sales both online and in store. Again, just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom