Anaheim GardenWalk Development Status report - 10/17/2017

Mouse Trap

Weird how some people seem to defend everything Disney does even when they're clearly detrimental to the quality of the park and justify these changes by saying they're financially beneficially as if they have a personal cut of the profits 🤔

Buy stock in the company.

DanielBB8

The same can be said about the other side of the argument.

In the end we all are just a bundle of our experiences and personal feelings. Those get projected into our discussions.
Objectively, if MB was a mistake or irrelevant, RSR wait times should still be at 120 minutes. It hasn’t been 120 minutes wait time since MB opened.

mickEblu

Apparently you also measure success by watching videos on youtube.

Well to be honest I’ve been on it and his assessment is pretty close to mine. Again, it’s not that MB is bad or not fun, it’s just not as good as TOT IMO.

Also, I don’t think you need to ride an attraction to have an opinion. I think you can get about 80% of an attraction by watching a ride through. Must of us have tons of theme park experience and can try to fill the other 20% using that. You don’t need to ride MB to see that they took beautiful 3D environments in the show scenes and made them 2D. What’s left? The thrill component, which is give or take the same as TOT?

DanielBB8

Then by your own logic, they should have built a brand new attraction, so people could get a really quality park, being able to ride TOT, RSR, and GOTG!

Maybe its popularity is due to the fact that it is a functioning attraction in a park that is eternally playing catch up with its big sister.
By my own logic, Disney did the right thing. TOT isn’t nearly as popular as MB. So what’s the logic of having TOT along side MB using the same ride system?

MB already demonstrated it can compete with the big guys. TZ was no match.

Curious Constance

What’s left of it has been auctioned off to the highest bidder. Disney made another quick buck off people who just can’t let go off a watered down copy of an attraction at WDW. Seriously, they probably love this stuff.

FYI Disney didn't auction any of that stuff off. Those were all private parties.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Getting back to GardenWalk, and others folks have hinted, I will be more blunt, PLEASE start a new thread for the current Off Topic discussion.

I was just reading the LoopNet listing for AGW, and it mentions that AMC Theaters is coming this year. Makes sense, relocating the DtD location. Plenty of room where Toby Keith's was going upstairs.

DanielBB8

Getting back to GardenWalk, and others folks have hinted, I will be more blunt, PLEASE start a new thread for the current Off Topic discussion.

I was just reading the LoopNet listing for AGW, and it mentions that AMC Theaters is coming this year. Makes sense, relocating the DtD location. Plenty of room where Toby Keith's was going upstairs.
Interesting news. The previous theater closed at GW. It’s a big risk to assume business will be better. Nonetheless, there is more life after the House of Blues opened.

D.Silentu

I wonder how it will compare to what was there before. I recently saw Star Wars at the new AMC at Citywalk and that was quite the experience. Didn't think it really enhanced my moviegoing enjoyment, but I admit the seats were prime.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

By my own logic, Disney did the right thing. TOT isn’t nearly as popular as MB. So what’s the logic of having TOT along side MB using the same ride system?

MB already demonstrated it can compete with the big guys. TZ was no match.

MB already demonstrated it can compete with the big guys. TZ was no match - No match for what? Where do you come up with this stuff?

And no, your logic was that by opening a quality attraction (MB), it frees up the glut of people wanting to ride RSR, thus reducing its wait time. And if that's indeed true, then it should have been in Disney's best interests to build a brand new GOTG attraction to present another option of thrill ride for guests to go on, thus reducing wait times for the other attractions at the same time.

Look at it this way, with CS down for a while, DCA has maybe 4 big-ticket attractions (MB, RSR, TSMM, and Soarin'). They could have had 5, had they given GOTG a new build. You seem to be intent on proving that doing that would have somehow made the park...worse???

DanielBB8

MB already demonstrated it can compete with the big guys. TZ was no match - No match for what? Where do you come up with this stuff?

And no, your logic was that by opening a quality attraction (MB), it frees up the glut of people wanting to ride RSR, thus reducing its wait time. And if that's indeed true, then it should have been in Disney's best interests to build a brand new GOTG attraction to present another option of thrill ride for guests to go on, thus reducing wait times for the other attractions at the same time.

Look at it this way, with CS down for a while, DCA has maybe 4 big-ticket attractions (MB, RSR, TSMM, and Soarin'). They could have had 5, had they given GOTG a new build. You seem to be intent on proving that doing that would have somehow made the park...worse???
Wrong. That’s your rebuttal following your logic. What’s missing is TZ will never be as popular to reduce wait times for RSR or a potential new Guardians. Thus, Disney has to still seek a replacement for TZ. As for CS, it is no better than TZ in reducing wait times for any attraction especially for TSM. The makeover for CS long overdue and may help once it becomes the Incredicoaster.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Wrong. That’s your rebuttal following your logic. What’s missing is TZ will never be as popular to reduce wait times for RSR or a potential new Guardians. Thus, Disney has to still seek a replacement for TZ. As for CS, it is no better than TZ in reducing wait times for any attraction especially for TSM. The makeover for CS long overdue and may help once it becomes the Incredicoaster.
Disney never had to seek a replacement for TZ. What are you smoking?

Also, keep on claiming TZ isn't popular. I know you believe it so hard...
While you're at it, just forget about the fact that it has been around since 1959, was just greenlit for a new series reboot, and has influenced countless forms of media in the years between. You only need to mention the words "Twilight Zone" and everyone already knows what you're talking about. So yeah...people must clearly hate it! :facepalm::facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom