Anaheim GardenWalk Development Status report - 10/17/2017

DanielBB8

So they decided to change a popular attraction into a Marvel IP because they new it was going to be a bigger hit? Wouldn't a brand new attraction have been better since then you'd have a third ride on top of the other two already pulling large lines? And your average wait times are nothing more than you're own experience. Not factual data that we can discuss, so I'm disregarding those comments. We've already been told from my favorite insider that Disney was less than thrilled with the performance of the new version when you didn't count APs in the mix. Straight up no one but APs were flocking to see the new ride, and why should they? It's the same ride with a new outfit.
Wait times are easily confirmed with the Disneyland app. Have you never used the Disneyland app? You can’t disregard the Disneyland app. I use it all the time to plan my day and check my Fastpass and reservations.

I have no idea if your insider is honest, but even this anecdote should prove the opposite. APs are the biggest fans of Disneyland. So they prefer MB and are helping to lessen the lines for RSR. How is this a bad thing? MB had 4 hour lines when it opened, a new high. I was there. RSR had 30 minutes waits, a new low. This never happened before with TZ and RSR.

As for not being happy with it’s performance, it doesn’t explain why they didn’t hesitate to do another Guardians ride at Epcot and it is widely rumored the Guardians overlay will go to the Paris TZ.

As for why not a new ride for Guardians, Disney already said MB is the start of the new Marvel Land. TZ won’t last. It was easier to change it and it proved to be the correct decision.

Last edited:

TROR

The average wait time I've seen on the Disneyland app for MB is 30 to 45 minutes. Sometimes it's even as low as 15. Almost as if there was no change for the better.

Ismael Flores

Seems to me that DCA and Pixar have a long history together and have been in the plans for many years.
When the park failed first things to be added were Pixar related aside from TOT.

Bugs land replace the farm
Block party Bash replaced Eureka
Turtle talk replaced one mans dream
Monsters inc replaced super star limo
Then came carsland
And the first drafts and Models for Paradise redo were all based on turning it into a Toy Story Land

Nemo coaster was also considered to be in place instead of goofy sky scool and instead of mermaid.

It seemed like part of their goal was to focus on Pixar at DCA for the most part since they ran out of ideas for them in Disneyland.
Luckily it stopped with buzz lightyear and it didn’t continue with monsters laugh factory and woody round up land for frontier land.

Hopefully this move has them decide to get rid of Buzz and nemo video sun ride and then finally do something right with tomorrowland.
Keep Pixar at DCA along with Marvel and use Disneyland for Disney animation characters if needed.

DanielBB8

At this very moment, Standby wait times for MB is 55 minutes and RSR is 60 minutes. To add more context, Soarin’ is 20 minutes and Toy Story Mania is 5 minutes.

TROR

Apparently you also measure success by watching videos on youtube.
What do we define as successful? Is it a success if it brings more people into the park? Is it a success if people enjoy it? Is it a success if it's a well made attraction that fits the Disney standard?

Curious Constance

Wait times are easily confirmed with the Disneyland app. Have you never used the Disneyland app? You can’t disregard the Disneyland app. I use it all the time to plan my day and check my Fastpass and reservations.

I have no idea if your insider is honest, but even this anecdote should prove the opposite. APs are the biggest fans of Disneyland. So they prefer MB and are helping to lessen the lines for RSR. How is this a bad thing? MB had 4 hour lines when it opened, a new high. I was there. RSR had 30 minutes waits, a new low. This never happened before with TZ and RSR.

As for not being happy with it’s performance, it doesn’t explain why they didn’t hesitate to do another Guardians ride at Epcot and it is widely rumored the Guardians overlay will go to the Paris TZ.

As for why not a new ride for Guardians, Disney already said MB is the start of the new Marvel Land. TZ won’t last. It was easier to change it and it proved to be the correct decision.

Yeeeeeeessssss, I've used the Disneyland App, but in order to use it as a justification for an argument you are trying to make, you would need to view the app for all of the hours that park is open all of the days a week, and then average the numbers all together. You can't just say, "When I view the app here is what I find" and expect that to be scientific data to back up your claim.

Also you'd need to be viewing the app on days where a lot of APs are blocked to see the popularity amoung out of town guests.

My assumption is that Disney is doing or did just that, and has determined this isn't the driving force they hoped it would be to get fully paying, Non AP, people to the parks simply to check this out. As the truly honest, wonderful human being insider has claimed on this forum.

The Epcot ride can't be compared to this situation because it's a NEW ride, and not simply a remake of an existing one.

And it's only the "correct decision" if your primary motivation is money. If you care about the integrity of the parks, the dumbing down of the parks, or of them becoming giant billboards, then it can't be a good choice.

Phroobar

What do we define as successful? Is it a success if it brings more people into the park? Is it a success if people enjoy it? Is it a success if it's a well made attraction that fits the Disney standard?
An attraction is only successful based on the total money raked in by the attached shop.

DanielBB8

Yeeeeeeessssss, I've used the Disneyland App, but in order to use it as a justification for an argument you are trying to make, you would need to view the app for all of the hours that park is open all of the days a week, and then average the numbers all together. You can't just say, "When I view the app here is what I find" and expect that to be scientific data to back up your claim.

Also you'd need to be viewing the app on days where a lot of APs are blocked to see the popularity amoung out of town guests.

My assumption is that Disney is doing or did just that, and has determined this isn't the driving force they hoped it would be to get fully paying, Non AP, people to the parks simply to check this out. As the truly honest, wonderful human being insider has claimed on this forum.

The Epcot ride can't be compared to this situation because it's a NEW ride, and not simply a remake of an existing one.

And it's only the "correct decision" if your primary motivation is money. If you care about the integrity of the parks, the dumbing down of the parks, or of them becoming giant billboards, then it can't be a good choice.
That’s your claim. It doesn’t hold up. Wait times have certainly changed. Averaging up the numbers is fraught with its own disadvantages. You also disingenuously say the APs should be excluded in certain cases when the APs are blocked. Well, this usually means Saturdays. So what’s your experience with Saturdays?

You’ll find out of towners in the park all the time, but to segment them when APs are excluded means you’re suggesting it’s the Holidays and Summer. We just had a major holiday. The wait patterns are about the same.

Funny how you say the motivation is money. That means it’s working. Hey, you conceded without admitting it.

TROR

Weird how some people seem to defend everything Disney does even when they're clearly detrimental to the quality of the park and justify these changes by saying they're financially beneficially as if they have a personal cut of the profits 🤔

DanielBB8

Weird how some people seem to defend everything Disney does even when they're clearly detrimental to the quality of the park and justify these changes by saying they're financially beneficially as if they have a personal cut of the profits 🤔
Not really. I said MB ensures you’ll able to ride RSR even if you choose not to ride MB. Thus, the quality of the park improves for everyone. The financial benefit is you get to ride attractions you paid for especially that of RSR and surely MB, which there are many fans as demonstrated by its continued popularity and it’s ability to moderate the crowds for RSR. Few miss TZ.

TROR

Few miss TZ.

This is the entire comment section on a Disneyland Instagram post about Mission Breakout from just a couple of weeks ago. Why do you lie?

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 2.04.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 2.04.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 2.06.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 2.07.02 PM.png

DanielBB8

Those are the few that miss TZ. LOL.
Notice how some are excited by MB. “This ride is so fun.”

Back to GW, another place few miss.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Not really. I said MB ensures you’ll able to ride RSR even if you choose not to ride MB. Thus, the quality of the park improves for everyone. The financial benefit is you get to ride attractions you paid for especially that of RSR and surely MB, which there are many fans as demonstrated by its continued popularity and it’s ability to moderate the crowds for RSR. Few miss TZ.
I said MB ensures you’ll able to ride RSR even if you choose not to ride MB. Thus, the quality of the park improves for everyone. - Then by your own logic, they should have built a brand new attraction, so people could get a really quality park, being able to ride TOT, RSR, and GOTG!

The financial benefit is you get to ride attractions you paid for especially that of RSR and surely MB, which there are many fans as demonstrated by its continued popularity and it’s ability to moderate the crowds for RSR. - LOL WUT? Maybe its popularity is due to the fact that it is a functioning attraction in a park that is eternally playing catch up with its big sister.

Few miss TZ -
tenor.gif

Curious Constance

Those are the few that miss TZ. LOL.
Notice how some are excited by MB. “This ride is so fun.”

Back to GW, another place few miss.

You seem to take your own personal feelings and experiences and assume it's that way across the board and everyone feels the same way or they're wrong. That way you always get to be right. There is no arguing with that, so I will refrain from here on out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You seem to take your own personal feelings and experiences and assume it's that way across the board and everyone feels the same way or they're wrong. That way you always get to be right. There is no arguing with that, so I will refrain from here on out.

The same can be said about the other side of the argument.

In the end we all are just a bundle of our experiences and personal feelings. Those get projected into our discussions.

Mouse Trap

This is the entire comment section on a Disneyland Instagram post about Mission Breakout from just a couple of weeks ago. Why do you lie?

View attachment 257366View attachment 257367View attachment 257368View attachment 257369

Tower of Terror is DEAD at California Adventure. Like REALLY dead. It’s never coming back. These guys gotta get used to it. What’s left of it has been auctioned off to the highest bidder. Disney made another quick buck off people who just can’t let go off a watered down copy of an attraction at WDW. Seriously, they probably love this stuff.

The future is here. Mission Breakout is popular and certainly here to stay, there’s no argument against that whatsoever. It’s a small pawn in a larger (Marvel) plan. Dusty old ToT was doomed since the acquisition.

So, really... about that Garden Walk?

TROR

Some of y'all must be professional gymnasts because the twisting, bending backwards, and stretching you're all doing to make MB seem like a success when it's not is Olympic level

Anyways, a 1960's New York set Marvel land would've been brilliant in a third gate. A third gate that could be connected to the rest of the resort by purchasing the Anaheim Gardewalk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom