News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

larandtra

I wouldnt be shocked at anything at this point. I know what I would do with all of the parks if it were up to me. My friends and I have discussed it as much as we discuss it on these boards. The knowledgeable Disney fan and people who go a ton, tend to have a good idea of thematically what would make sense. Just cant say that TWDC really has that idea anymore. So nothing would be surprising at this point. Closing or moving Space Mountain would not come as a shock to most of us.

crxbrett

I would agree with this. I think my biggest quibble was that if they were going to add another thrill ride to WDW, I would have rather seen it in Adventureland than TL. That would help to balance out the park more (also a long family friendly ride in Frontierland would be nice as well).

I am mostly in agreement with this and a major thrill 'E ticket' attraction in AL would have been fun I am sure. Although I would not have been happy to see something like the SFT be removed in favor of it.

However, the west side of the park has at least 4 signature attractions - Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder and the Haunted Mansion. I feel like the east side actually needs more to balance that out. So adding TRON to TL makes that side of the park more even with 7DMT, Space Mtn and now TRON.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Space Mountain's solution is as simple as gutting and replacing. Ugly but effective.

The problem still remains foot-traffic and as always MK overcrowding. My bluesky solution ha, which is sure to get some sneers would be to turn Space Mountain into a Space Mountain Tomorrowland Terminal. OK yeah... I've done this one already. It's been said. But it's a rather large building. One that could actually employ multiple attractions including of course the coaster. In doing this you'd essentially turn SM into it's own mini land or hub much the same way TRON is being designed. The SM Tomorrowland Terminal (in name only) would then allow guests to A) board the classic coaster. B) Watch a Wall-E Planetarium Show C) TTA Training Academy D) Galactic Dance Party E) Meet-n-Greet. All within the confines of Space Mountain. It would be nice if they could also open up SM to create new bridge or footpath that exits the SM building and drops guests off near the back of Tomorrowland by the Carousel of Progress.

It's a lame idea sure - but good use of space. You'd lose one of the coasters within the building but you'd gain foot traffic, and possibly new ride shows or attractions.

Last edited:

FullSailDan

Space Mountain's solution is as simple as gutting and replacing. Ugly but effective.

The problem still remains foot-traffic and as always MK overcrowding. My bluesky solution ha, which is sure to get some sneers would be to turn Space Mountain into a Space Mountain Tomorrowland Terminal. OK yeah... I've done this one already. It's been said. But it's a rather large building. One that could actually employ multiple attractions including of course the coaster. In doing this you'd essentially turn SM into it's own mini land or hub much the same way TRON is being designed. The SM Tomorrowland Terminal (in name only) would then allow guests to A) board the classic coaster. B) Watch a Wall-E Planetarium Show C) TTA Training Academy D) Galactic Dance Party E) Meet-n-Greet. All within the confines of Space Mountain. It would be nice if they could also open up SM to create new bridge or footpath that exits the SM building and drops guests off near the back of Tomorrowland by the Carousel of Progress.

It's a lame idea sure - but good use of space. You'd lose one of the coasters within the building but you'd gain foot traffic, and possibly new ride shows or attractions.

The building is big... but it doesn't really have THAT much room in it.. you'd still need construction and I'd rather see them spend the money on making the signature attraction, that Space Mountain is, and the rest of Tommorrowland shine. There's a ton of wasted space in Tomorrowland, and several attractions with questionable fit.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I was always hoping for a retheme to DL's Autopia or realistically a Pixar Cars theme....more detailing, different theme....loads of plussing.....:happy: The sheer joy to "drive" a car when you are 6....woohoo!

Bender123

I was always hoping for a retheme to DL's Autopia or realistically a Pixar Cars theme....more detailing, different theme....loads of plussing.....:happy: The sheer joy to "drive" a car when you are 6....woohoo!

My current brain wishes they would just bulldoze the whole thing, but then I remember I loved it when I was a child...

I hate that waste of space ride, but I would hate it if they ever tore it down.

Myth Maker

My current brain wishes they would just bulldoze the whole thing, but then I remember I loved it when I was a child...

I hate that waste of space ride, but I would hate it if they ever tore it down.

Morgan makes a great electric version of the classic car ride. They have one at Dollywood in TN and Lake Compounce in CT ... I have to see if I can dig up a video somewhere.

Would make a great update and reduce the obnoxious fumes in the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom