Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

Future World has plenty of rides. They need updates. For some reason, however, they frequently decide to bulldoze perfectly fine FW rides that really just needed a renovation while WS stagnates and continues through its fourth decade under-utilized.
The thing is, Future World pavilions get updated pretty regularly in the grand scheme of things. They're just mediocre upgrades. Every Future World Pavilion has received updates in the 2000s now that Ellen's Energy Adventure closed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The thing is, Future World pavilions get updated pretty regularly in the grand scheme of things. They're just mediocre upgrades. Every Future World Pavilion has received updates in the 2000s now that Ellen's Energy Adventure closed.

Well...that goes back to Eisners disjointed handling of the late 90's...and Bob's "profit maximization" strategy...

...in amusement park terms
That means "increasing the price and not lifting a finger"

ToTBellHop

If I’m being honest, I enjoy FW at present. Imagination and Innoventions are the only serious issues. Everything else has compelling content and I actually enjoy the updated MS and Test Track. Soarin has a misplaced entrance but certainly belongs in Epcot. They should have just bulldozed that place with the cronuts and literally 2 toilets and built a Soarin queue with a real restroom. They could even sell cronuts in the queue. Or is it poutine now?

On the whole, I think Epcot will be a great park by its 40th, though seriously-altered since the ‘80s. Actually, all four parks should be in their best shape in two decades by the 50th. Not that this is a HUGE compliment.

smile

If I’m being honest, I enjoy FW at present. Imagination and Innoventions are the only serious issues. Everything else has compelling content and I actually enjoy the updated MS and Test Track. Soarin has a misplaced entrance but certainly belongs in Epcot. They should have just bulldozed that place with the cronuts and literally 2 toilets and built a Soarin queue with a real restroom. They could even sell cronuts in the queue. Or is it poutine now?

On the whole, I think Epcot will be a great park by its 40th, though seriously-altered since the ‘80s. Actually, all four parks should be in their best shape in two decades by the 50th. Not that this is a HUGE compliment.

you normally have to be sipping cocktails in orleans square to see that many free passes tossed around
;)

ToTBellHop

you normally have to be sipping cocktails in orleans square to see that many free passes tossed around
;)
Disneyland gets more....

There, I said it. I can breathe.

Because it’s “Walt’s Park”, we can excuse the entirety of Tomorrowland, Mansion’s state, Matterhorn, a Pixar fireworks show, Club 33, and soon, Galaxy’s Edge?

I’ll take Epcot 40, myself. If they gave us Indy and retracked Space Mtn, I’d have no need for DLR.

smile

Disneyland gets more....

There, I said it. I can breathe.

Because it’s “Walt’s Park”, we can excuse the entirety of Tomorrowland, Mansion’s state, Matterhorn, a Pixar fireworks show, Club 33, and soon, Galaxy’s Edge?

I’ll take Epcot 40, myself. If they gave us Indy and retracked Space Mtn, I’d have no need for DLR.

yes, but no...
was actually making an apparently poor joke that you were giving epoct a lot of leeway in the form of 'free passes', while, generally, the only folks who receive such generosity are esteemed club members.

but, nevermind now - i'll show myself out
:p

The Empress Lilly

For all my whining, Epcot2017's FW wasn't bad.

Every change at EPCOT has been for the worse but FW still wasn't bad. SSE and LwtL are classic EPCOT and hence divine. M:S I enjoy, TT is not truly my thing but it is not bad either. Soarin' is great, even if one can debate the appropriateness of its placement. The Seas had been greatly and Energy gravely diminished, but both had their hearts intact with the tank and the dinosaurs. Imagination and what's left of Innoventions is pityful.

Two great rides, three fine new replacements, two mistaken redos, two disasters. It still left FW a full day park for me. About 10% of what EPCOT was worth, but EPCOT being the greatest park ever build, that still leaves a superb place.

For me the closure of energy may have tipped the balance. FW lost something essential with it for me. As for the 40th, parks with superhero thrill rides are an embarrassment if you are an adult and don't walk around with a backwards baseball cap and t-shirt with print.

smile

Every change at EPCOT has been for the worse but FW still wasn't bad. SSE and LwtL are classic EPCOT and hence divine. M:S I enjoy, TT is not truly my thing but it is not bad either. Soarin' is great, even if one can debate the appropriateness of its placement. The Seas had been greatly and Energy gravely diminished, but both had their hearts intact with the tank and the dinosaurs. Imagination and what's left of Innoventions is pityful.

Two great rides, three fine new replacements, two mistaken redos, two disasters. It still left FW a full day park for me. About 10% of what EPCOT was worth, but EPCOT being the greatest park ever build, that still leaves a superb place.

For me the closure of energy may have tipped the balance. FW lost something essential with it for me. As for the 40th, parks with superhero thrill rides are an embarrassment if you are an adult and don't walk around with a backwards baseball cap and t-shirt with print.

half perplexed, half envious

sse... god bless it - still holding on (for now), but my goodness that decent :facepalm:
m:s is serviceable unless you're prone to nausea then it's soarin in orbit
soarin's placement is questionable but i can deal with that in epcot (or even ec); however, it's outdated by the day, diminished by fop, and bent eiffel is simply embarrassing
tt is... well... just a fast car ride on a curvy road, but i'm bias so i'll give that one - whatevs

riding the rotting corpse that was energy at the end reminded me exactly what was missing from the remaining fw... grand ambition and WOW

21stamps

Hey now.. I’m a 40 year old, without backwards ball caps and graphic tees, who still loves thrill rides and hope to love them for years to come. :)

smile

Hey now.. I’m a 40 year old, without backwards ball caps and graphic tees, who still loves thrill rides and hope to love them for years to come. :)

good for you - keep riding!
:D

Loves me some thrill rides! But not superhero thrill rides in EPCOT.

too many a 'thrill ride' are 3-minute pop songs
i want 37 minute progressive aural adventures in my epcot

The Empress Lilly

too many a 'thrill ride' are 3-minute pop songs
i want 37 minute progressive aural adventures in my epcot
Nothing in EPCOT will ever be more thrilling than Energy's Shuttle take-off, the screens rising, the floor rumbling, the rider being propelled into space and the future and the universe, to the tune of 'Feel the flow...Here we go...Through the Universe of Energy...'

~ There are two kinds of WDW fans. Those who knew EPCOT Center, and those who don't ~

smile

Shuttle take-off, the screens rising, the floor rumbling, the rider being propelled into space

m:s could never have such compelling resonance -
saddest part being it was never designed to be... at least in that way - bar had done well been lowered, even then.

~ There are two kinds of WDW fans. Those who knew EPCOT Center, and those who don't ~

truth... and quite possibly the worst thing about the whole scenario
:(

smile

Was the closing of Ellen’s Energy Adventure for the best or the worst??

interesting question, but loaded... i'll take a quick stab.
best case for ellen, worst case for the pavilion.

the show should have been updated years ago - when it first started showing serious age.
consistent love, new tech, and fresh stories could have kept that beautiful pavilion rockin and a-rollin. no doubts.

but that wasn't the chosen trajectory...
for those that weren't around to observe, what ellen and her associated pavilion had become by closure (and long before, actually) was a spitting image of how horizons was, quite literally, allowed to rot.
- in that sense, the old gal earned her right to pass.

The Empress Lilly

Was the closing of Ellen’s Energy Adventure for the best or the worst??
Ellen had ran its course. Always was a weird quiz show overlay to begin with.

The closure of Ellen/Energy for Guardians is an act of barbary, for the worse. The replacement by a new overlay, a Big Bang story, would've been for the better.

UoE into Ellen was for the worse, Ellen into GotG is worse yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom