News American Adventure Refurb, New Projectors and Ending Video

Walt d

I think he belongs for two reasons:

1) He was an excellent cyclist
2) His inspirational impact on society through his cancer initiatives

I mean, come on...everyone for a few years was virtue signalling with their WWLanceD yellow rubber bracelets they got at the local gas station. That was AMAZING! And the licensing for merchandise alone!

I wonder, though...how much of the foundation money earned made it into actual cancer research and aid?

Oh...a LOT of it.

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/1206/in-numbers-lance-armstrong-foundation

And, that is highly respectable.
What about chris froom he has 3 tours when will they lance armstrong him, like a doper?

Slowjack

Believe it or not, 70mm projected film is still superior to digital, laser included. Unfortunately, no one seems to want to take care of these projectors...
I don't get to the movie theater often these days, but whenever I do, I am reminded of how awful current projection standards are. When I got out to see The Last Jedi, during the interminable pre-trailers presentation, the screen was tearing the whole time. The film itself was significantly underlit (most theaters turn the bulbs down to extend life--to be fair this was true with film projectors as well) and showed pixel crawl. I don't know what cinemas thought they were going to be offering with digital projection, but it's not quality.

Bairstow

I still can't imagine Disney paying the money to change out any of the physical show sets in the war wagon, but it is fun to think about what The American Adventure would look like if it were written an designed today. Not that today's Disney would ever even consider spending American Adventure-style money on a massively expensive show that isn't dedicated to prompting some sort of intellectual property, but if they were to embark on building such a thing, would the selection of scenes and historical figures bear any resemblance to the show Randy Bright wrote in the late '70s?

Rich Brownn

I don't get to the movie theater often these days, but whenever I do, I am reminded of how awful current projection standards are. When I got out to see The Last Jedi, during the interminable pre-trailers presentation, the screen was tearing the whole time. The film itself was significantly underlit (most theaters turn the bulbs down to extend life--to be fair this was true with film projectors as well) and showed pixel crawl. I don't know what cinemas thought they were going to be offering with digital projection, but it's not quality.
A lot of times they show a 3D movie and then forget to adjust so the filter is still on, makes the image darker.

Prototype82

I was wondering today where that stands right now, still forthcoming?
I'm guessing it's still in development because when it was announced at D23, I remember it sounding like they were about to take the newly-designed camera out on the road for filming. I'm readying my patience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom