News American Adventure Refurb, New Projectors and Ending Video

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The quote you quoted is the only thing that gives me pause about what otherwise sounds like a list of things that were exactly what this attraction needed in an update.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Everything else looks good, and are things that have been sorely needed. And then... that... Obviously a final opinion cannot be had until the music is heard, but is 'Golden Dream' something that really needed "updating"?

RandySavage

“brings the beloved music and lyrics to life in a way that will resonate more than ever.”

sounds like they're adding a rap verse... probably by Nicky Minaj.

MerlinTheGoat

I am now concerned...

The new people in the clips sound like great additions, but i'm extremely worried about the alleged musical changes. I desperately hope their "resonating more than ever" comment is only alluding to sound quality improvements or something similar. Not the inclusion of modern genres like pop, rap etc.

I once joked about the horrors of a Randy Newman version of the song...

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Exactly my thoughts as well. Everything else looks good, and are things that have been sorely needed. And then... that... Obviously a final opinion cannot be had until the music is heard, but is 'Golden Dream' something that really needed "updating"?

Yes. Take Tiger Wood and Lance Armstrong, for example.

JohnD

Not the video, the music. An update to the video is good and overdue.

Hopefully, the re-recording is just a new digital version and just as resounding as the original. Although, I do have to say the original is a little pitchy, especially from that woman singer and her "who hoo" occasionally.

BTW: That out of date torch bugs me. It hasn't been that way since the 1986. It needs to be gold.

DznyRktekt

Hopefully, the re-recording is just a new digital version and just as resounding as the original. Although, I do have to say the original is a little pitchy, especially from that woman singer and her "who hoo" occasionally.
The version up to this refurbishment was an update to the original score. Originally there was less vocal embellishment, richer orchestration, and lack of cheezy trap set rhythms. I hope they revert to the more stately presentation with seat shaking surround sound making the audience feel as though they are a part of the orchestra and chorus of America.

Walt d

Yeah, because he had affairs. This isn't me being a prude and saying he can't have multiple consensual relationships. He was lying to one person about being monogamous while having all those other relationships. Liar, liar. And there's a DUI.

I know some sports stars like to say, "I'm no model", to take the heat of them for when they behave badly. But then, don't do endorsements or sign autographs. If you put yourself out there as if you were a model to follow, then either be one or get out of the spotlight. And if a person ain't one, then they shouldn't get a spotlight.
Replace Tiger with kelly slater 11 time world surfing Champion no drugs or smoking no surfer has won as Meny Championships allso developed a surfable wave pool

trainplane3

Bills reaction to Neil getting a spot in AA:
tumblr_ml5msqZTz61qbh26io1_400.gif

On topic though, this is a plus. AA needed a small update for a while. It's been a little over 10 years, right?

the.dreamfinder

I'm sick of the attack on intelligence in this country. The man is smart and people need to get over it. There was a time when intelligence was respected and people didn't assume everyone was talking down to them.

Simply put, we need to listen to scientists more.
Maybe we, as a society, need to be capable of highlighting more than a couple scientists.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Neil Degrasse Tyson, is, IMO, very smart, funny and has a wide-ranging appeal. Yes, he has said some interesting opinion pieces on twitter and they aren't always 100% correct, but in general I think he's one of the best advocates for science we have (along with Bill Nye).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom