News American Adventure Refurb, New Projectors and Ending Video

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think he belongs for two reasons:

1) He was an excellent cyclist
2) His inspirational impact on society through his cancer initiatives

I mean, come on...everyone for a few years was virtue signalling with their WWLanceD yellow rubber bracelets they got at the local gas station. That was AMAZING! And the licensing for merchandise alone!

I wonder, though...how much of the foundation money earned made it into actual cancer research and aid?

Oh...a LOT of it.

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/1206/in-numbers-lance-armstrong-foundation

And, that is highly respectable.
I wonder why Sheryl Crow dumped him then...
I'm sick of the attack on intelligence in this country. The man is smart and people need to get over it. There was a time when intelligence was respected and people didn't assume everyone was talking down to them.

Simply put, we need to listen to scientists more.
I suppose I could "warm up" to that idea...
John Williams was a perfect choice to include! With a 50 year history of creating some of the most iconic movie scores of all time, he really is a national treasure!
I see what you did there...

MerlinTheGoat

This would be the fourth version of Golden Dream.
I just hope it remains faithful to the same musical genre and vocal quality (or better).

I found a version of AA from 1989 with what seems to be a different vocal recording of Golden Dream than currently-

The modern recording was at least quite close to the original, even if you have a preference. The female vocals I think are a bit better in this 89 version, dunno if it's because it's a different woman or if it's the same one but with her voice changing with age. The male voice seems good in both. I couldn't find the singers' names by searching.

I don't remember which version I heard growing up (1991-1997). The female voice from 89 sounds similar to the voice from SSE Tomorrow's Child (Sally Stevens I gather), though I'm unsure if it's the same person.

NearTheEars

I'm sick of the attack on intelligence in this country. The man is smart and people need to get over it. There was a time when intelligence was respected and people didn't assume everyone was talking down to them.

Simply put, we need to listen to scientists more.

His delivery (at least on social media) sounds a lot like he enjoys being the smartest guy in the room. It immediately comes off as talking down to people. In the TV specials, however, he’s fine. Often inspiring.

jt04

The ending montage should celebrate ordinary Americans accomplishing the extraordinary.

Hope they finally get it right next time.

MerlinTheGoat

The Mom is gonna like where this thread is headed...

Even the 1982 original featured celebrities in the finale. Will Rogers was a celebrity (often dabbling in social commentary) and got an entire animatronic dedicated to him. Everyone is ordinary until they do something extraordinary.

You're going to have a difficult time bleaching the American Adventure of politics, it would also defeat the point because some of our nation's greatest accomplishments AND failures (and how we attempted to overcome them) were political in nature. There are prominent scenes dedicated to politically charged arguments.

Last edited:

JohnD

Why does the torch have to depict the present day when it’s a scene with two dead guys in a show about history.

Why bother updating the movie at the end if it’s about history? If we’re supposed to be looking forward and the American Dream is ongoing, then they should be in a torch that looks forward, not backward.

peter11435

Why bother updating the movie at the end if it’s about history? If we’re supposed to be looking forward and the American Dream is ongoing, then they should be in a torch that looks forward, not backward.
You said it yourself in your previous post. Artistic storytelling. The scene and lighting are more interesting and dynamic with the torch represented the way it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom