News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

John park hopper

For what it's worth, the lowest level membership to Club 33 at Disneyland inncludes (amongst other things):
  • 2 Premium Annual Passes (valid at Disneyland and DCA)
  • 50 Park Hopper tickets per year for friends and family
(Granted this may be old info)

The annual passes alone are worth over $1000 each and one could argue that the tickets are worth ~$100 each so there is some hard value to the membership (more than just bragging rights).

Yes, you are getting something 2 passes and 50 park hoppers = $7,000 falls short of the $10,000 which I think maybe on the low side of membership. Not sure what the other perks are worth $3,000.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
For what it's worth, the lowest level membership to Club 33 at Disneyland inncludes (amongst other things):
  • 2 Premium Annual Passes (valid at Disneyland and DCA)
  • 50 Park Hopper tickets per year for friends and family
(Granted this may be old info)

The annual passes alone are worth over $1000 each and one could argue that the tickets are worth ~$100 each so there is some hard value to the membership (more than just bragging rights).

Right, but that's California, not Florida. I understand Club 33 in DL. I don't understand Club 33 in WDW.

Actually, I think I do understand pretty well - It's all about the money. WDW, and Disney as a whole, is no longer what it used to be, these days it's focus is selling more and more cheap merchandise and increasing revenue streams and higher profit margins. Club 33 in WDW, as watered down as it will likely be, is all about a new revenue stream designed to separate the well-to-do from their money while likely offering a modicum of actual value in return. I could turn out to be completely wrong, but given the track record and MO of TDO and TWDC in general, I suspect I won't be. These are the same people who give out FastPasses in response to valid and legitimate customer complaints. "Your room stinks like rotten gym socks? Have a FastPass!" "You waited 4 hours for Flight of Passage only to have it break down and now you need to leave for the airport? Here's a FastPass!" "You paid $138 for 4 burgers and cold fries and want a refund? Here's a FastPass!"

Several high-profile companies recently announced hourly employee pay raises or bonuses as a result of the new tax bill passed by Congress. TWDC has not been amongst those companies to this point. Perhaps an announcement is coming, but I suspect it has more to do with the fact that they don't have to, because of the labor agreement with their hourly workers in FL, and thus, they won't. "Comcast expects to spend more than $50 billion over the next five years investing in infrastructure to improve and extend broadband plant and capacity, and its television, film and theme park offerings." Shots fired, Disney, what's going to be your response?

Last edited:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm already a member of two member only restaurant/clubs - one in Florida and one in PR - where I have to pay each a monthly fee larger than my monthly housing expenses in dues, and I haven't used either one in about 8 months. I'm considering leaving the one in FL, and keeping the one in PR so at least someone's paying their dues while they rebuild.

Club 33 at WDW is a money grab for those who need to show off, and a handful of business executives who want an interesting place to take clients. The problem is that WDW is huge, and Orlando's not exactly a corporate mecca. Maybe you'll get some of the financial sector from Tampa, but due to distance, I doubt you'll get the hardcore Miami/Atlanta business types who would kill for a place like that to impress.

Me, I'd rather spend my money on plane tickets.

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm told by a friend who was invited to submit their application, that Disney is accepting Club 33 applications now.

They may have started with Golden Oak residents first. I've asked for more details.

ETA: Definitely Golden Oak residents first, contacted via email from the list of those who signed up earlier.

Prices might be $25K initiation and dues $15K/year. Includes some number of annual passes and "no restrictions" Fastpasses. First clubs open supposedly open in April.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I'm told by a friend who was invited to submit their application, that Disney is accepting Club 33 applications now.

They may have started with Golden Oak residents first. I've asked for more details.

ETA: Definitely Golden Oak residents first, contacted via email from the list of those who signed up earlier.

Prices might be $25K initiation and dues $15K/year. Includes some number of annual passes and "no restrictions" Fastpasses. First clubs open supposedly open in April.
Does that come with a car magnet?

deeevo

What more does Club 33 offer to Golden Oak residents then they already have? Pretty sure their yearly dues include AP's and extra tickets. Food won't be that great at MK Club 33.

Deborah Webster

Sorry, but i never understood the point of this "club" and its redic fees. Boujee for no reason and rather obnoxious o_O
I totally agree! Things are getting ridiculously more and more expensive. I also feel there is beginning to be a "clickish" type feel to WDW. Definately is NOT the feeling I had in 1992 where we brought our kids for the first time or when we bought into DVC in 2006. We are beginning to feel disgusted with the last few years changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom