News The Hall of Presidents is now open

thomas998

Drudge picked up the story last night... so the word is really out there.
Yep... When you look at some of the photos of Hillary and the Trump AA it really does look like they just tried to make a Hillary AA into a Trump.... Reminded me of some dictionary that picked the wrong winner of a Presidential election and included the wrong one in their dictionary because the amount of lead time to publish them required them to have the winner picked well before the actual election.

Makes me wonder how long they have been working on the AA... I can't really imagine it takes more than a year but then they may have been so sure Hillary was going to win that they started it well before the election.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yep... When you look at some of the photos of Hillary and the Trump AA it really does look like they just tried to make a Hillary AA into a Trump....

Here's the thing tho... if Hillary wasn't in the election... would anyone make that same connection?

The AA really doesn't look anything like her... except having the rounder eyes than we perceive trump to have. It doesn't have her cheekbones, it doesn't have her lips, the nose is a wash.. It's more that it doesn't look like Trump, so our brains go searching for what it does remind us of. The rounder eyes, the deeper sockets, the blonde hair... and the brain runs to what else it might have been.

DisneyCane

Here's the thing tho... if Hillary wasn't in the election... would anyone make that same connection?

The AA really doesn't look anything like her... except having the rounder eyes than we perceive trump to have. It doesn't have her cheekbones, it doesn't have her lips, the nose is a wash.. It's more that it doesn't look like Trump, so our brains go searching for what it does remind us of. The rounder eyes, the deeper sockets, the blonde hair... and the brain runs to what else it might have been.

Good point. In reality, the Obama animatronic doesn't look that much like Obama either. Maybe, slightly more resemblance than Trump but you certainly don't mistake a picture of it for a picture of the real person!

thomas998

I don't know... I think I'm going to have to use photoshop to put her hair on it and see... I think with different hair it would more easily pass for Hillary than it does right now for Trump.

thomas998

I don't know... I think I'm going to have to use photoshop to put her hair on it and see... I think with different hair it would more easily pass for Hillary than it does right now for Trump.
upload_2017-12-22_11-17-51.png
Okay
It doesn't look like they just used Hillary.... maybe from the nose up... but the mouth doesn't work... In the end I think it is just a very bad AA.... Might have started as Hillary at some point, but clearly it doesn't really work as either one of them.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-22_11-17-26.png
    upload_2017-12-22_11-17-26.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

TravisB

That is awesome news. Can't wait to see it, but Trump does look a lot older than he does in real life. Was this done on purpose? Some of the other Presidents look better than in real life, he does not. Maybe this was not as talented group of imagineers as in the past?

Gringrinngghost

Here's a widescreen version of most of the HOP show (Movie and introductions of the Presidents are widescreen. Close ups of Lincoln's, Washington's and Trump's speeches).

If you look, it appeared that Trump already has a hydraulic leak. Time marker 21min in.

Look at his right hand
Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 1.10.15 PM.png

Edit: What the hell is up with the middle finger too

Last edited:

trainplane3

If you look, it appeared that Trump already has a hydraulic leak. Time marker 21min in.

Look at his right hand
View attachment 251648

Edit: What the hell is up with the middle finger too
I just watched it and the Trump AA worked flawlessly, thumbs up and everything. Are we sure this is hydraulic or a new electric servo AA?

The show was great. The new projectors are so sharp.

flynnibus

Premium Member
View attachment 251642Okay
It doesn't look like the just used Hillary.... maybe from the hose up... but the mouth doesn't work... In the end I think it is just a very bad AA.... Might have started as Hillary at some point, but clearly it doesn't really work as either one of them.

My theory is that the eye offset and spacing to the mouth is basically fixed in their AA design. It looks like they struggled to get the flat faced look everyone is so used to from trump (since he is normally wearing so much makeup). The face looks too short and the eyes too deep and round.

I'm sure we also have the classic problem of what is needed on stage verse up close too. Most of their AA figures struggle to get true human likenesses that we are readily familiar with. The old dead dudes we've only seen in paintings people are more forgiving over.

Obamas figure had some weirdness to it as well... but sure was a lot closer than this thing :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
The more profile pictures you look at and the more distant pictures you look at (even head on) he looks better. The eye details get harder to make out with distance. I'm thinking Disney just was putting the view from the seats as more important than his close up...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom