News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Incomudro

You can’t temper emotion.

There is still a larger than usual security operation in the theatre. I wonder if they’ll still be needed in four years for the next version of the show.

You can't temper emotion?
You can certainly temper how you react to emotion.
Anyone beyond the toddler stage of development should be able to do so, though increasingly it seams that many adults have not matured beyond that range.

AEfx

You can’t temper emotion.

Well, of course you can. It's colloquially called "biting your tongue", or traditionally, just having decent manners in a civilized world.

The problem is that society has nearly completely absolved people from personal responsibility for the external actions they choose to take based on their internal reactions, out of some misguided thought that it is somehow "healthy" to allow people to lash out whenever they see fit. It's behavior we once expected children to develop before they entered school, and to have mastered before becoming even young adults, in all but the most severely cognitively impaired.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I know. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve been in line and heard guests talking amongst theirselves about is it a ride? A show? What happens in it? What’s it about?

(And then they go back to their smartphones)
And their lies one of the reasons for our cultural decay. Its pretty much helped create a society that cant focus past the second sentence or five seconds.

Where is my churro?

JohnD

Let’s face it though, a large percentage of guests don’t know what they’re even queuing for.

One would hope they would get a little something out of it. They entered an attraction in "Liberty Square" after all. But I also get, especially during the Summer, the desire to sit down for 25 minutes in the A/C and do absolutely nothing, maybe even get a little shut eye. Fine by me.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
One would hope they would get a little something out of it. They entered an attraction in "Liberty Square" after all. But I also get, especially during the Summer, the desire to sit down for 25 minutes in the A/C and do absolutely nothing, maybe even get a little shut eye. Fine by me.
I dare say 50% of the American population even understands the concept of Liberty.

JohnD

And their lies one of the reasons for our cultural decay. Its pretty much helped create a society that cant focus past the second sentence or five seconds.

Where is my churro?

Here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-palooza/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo1221171222170011C

crpluz4895851-624x352.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You can't temper emotion?
You can certainly temper how you react to emotion..
Perhaps I should have said it should be possible, but society in general more and more wants to let everyone else know what it feels. Call it the Facebook effect.

But for goodness sake, he's the current President.
Therein lies the issue with said people.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Perhaps I should have said it should be possible, but society in general more and more wants to let everyone else know what it feels. Call it the Facebook effect.

Therein lies the issue with said people.
Any chance they'll take the AAs out of HoP and put them on Alice's Teacups, and spin it as "Ride With The Presidents"?

EricsBiscuit

Just got out an hour ago. It was amazingly well done. The video part was inspirational and crisp, oh so crisp! The part where the screens come apart is really cool. Lincoln was great. The Trump AA looks great in person. Overall I like the video part better than the last iteration and it left me feeling a proud American.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom