News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

britain

Terrible. As if my interest in this ride wasn't low enough. I was expecting something like RnRC but we're getting something like Space Mountain? Ugh.

Well, sounds more like Thunder or Everest in terms of intensity, and it's a train, not a toboggan. And while it does sound like a lot of it is going to simply be 'coaster in the dark', Guardians is such an eye-popping, colorful franchise....

@marni1971, do you think we could hope for the coaster track to be weaving around a convoluted barricade of colorful sets (a la From the Earth to the Moon)? Or is it mostly empty space with track and screens?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

*Possible Coaster Details emerge*

tenor.gif

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I dunno. Maybe people thought Guardians of the Galaxy already violates the "timeless" bit so it could potentially violate the "family friendly" bit too.
At this point, I'm skeptical of anything Disney claims about an upcoming attraction...sometimes even the obvious, "yes, we're building it".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I dunno. Maybe people thought Guardians of the Galaxy already violates the "timeless" bit so it could potentially violate the "family friendly" bit too.

The GotG, in their current line-up, will have been in five blockbuster movies spanning a decade being part of an even bigger franchise. The same kinda legs Indiana Jones had. It appropriated 70's and 80's culture with a 2010's vibe set in a futuristic non-Earthbound space setting. The same kind of milieu as Star Wars or Star Trek but with a different tongue in cheek point of view. If anything is set up to be timeless, it's GotG.

I don't know anyone who's been harping on GotG not being 'timeless'. Not being appropriate for Epcot, yes. But not failing to be timeless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom