News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

EPICOT

That's disappointing to say the least. My ideal vision would for a Horizons-style ride to take over the Communicore buildings (or a new building if they must come down). It'd make sense for it to be at the physical center of Future World since it embodies all the original values of EPCOT Center. As others have pointed out, there's just too much empty space with no attractions.

Chris82

I don't know. As much as empty space is... empty... and as much as the idea has downsides, I kind of like the idea of future world pavilions getting more visibility from the plaza. They can function better as weinies that way.

PorterRedkey

Not trying to derail the thread. @marni1971 -- I love your videos (especially the Epcot ones) and try and watch them pretty regularly to get my nostalgic Disney fix. One suggestion: Have you considered using voiceovers -- as opposed to text overlays? For me -- that would make the videos a lot more enjoyable (as someone that typically has to watch the videos while working at home and has trouble keeping up with the text on-screen). Just a thought. Thank you for putting those together and making them available to everyone.
The audio is very important. @marni1971 uses text so as not to interrupt the music/sound. He wants the music/sound files to live on in his videos.
But I am sure he can say it better himself and doesn't need me to speak for him.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The audio is very important. @marni1971 uses text so as not to interrupt the music/sound. He wants the music/sound files to live on in his videos.
But I am sure he can say it better himself and doesn't need me to speak for him.
Thank you. I’m sorry I missed this first post. Yes, that’s about it. To me the music is as important as the visuals, especially older rarer pieces.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I see talk about the view from the entrance but what about the view looking back from WS, especially from Italy and Japan? Perhaps I am not visualizing this concept correctly?

View attachment 247471 View attachment 247470

Don't look back, you can never look back...

upload_2017-12-3_0-45-4.png

ThemeParkJunkee

No.

That’s the same cheap, short sighted and arrogant attitude of the company who can’t be bothered to try and utilise some fantastic space with plenty of potential.
"Insert numerous expletives here"

I am starting to hate reading updates to Epcot threads. But Martin, I did watch your Imagination tribute trilogy and loved it. I saw the original and it's current iteration but not the abomination in between.

RSoxNo1

Corless threw out an idea called "Garden of Wonder" where each pavilion would have a small garden display in front of it. This would be for Future World and World Showcase and the displays would likely feature topiaries of characters "relevant" to the pavilion. The examples he used were Anna and Elsa in Norway or Eve and Wall-E in front of Mission: SPACE.

If true, it's more characters in EPCOT, but I do like the idea of a unifying theme. In that respect there's a similarity to the different types of boats in each land at Tokyo Disney Sea.

DisneyFan18

Corless threw out an idea called "Garden of Wonder" where each pavilion would have a small garden display in front of it. This would be for Future World and World Showcase and the displays would likely feature topiaries of characters "relevant" to the pavilion. The examples he used were Anna and Elsa in Norway or Eve and Wall-E in front of Mission: SPACE.

If true, it's more characters in EPCOT, but I do like the idea of a unifying theme. In that respect there's a similarity to the different types of boats in each land at Tokyo Disney Sea.
I hope they use Figment in the Imagination pavilion and not Inside Out, what would be your predictions for each pavilion? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom