Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

SpaceMountain77

When the Future World concept art was revealed at the 2017 D23 convention, The Land and The Seas with Nemo and Friends were largely cut out. I cannot help but wonder if this was purposely done because Future World West is the preferred site.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's happening. Location is still TBD but narrowed down to three proposals (from what I have seen). All Future World Based.

Thanks for the confirmation, and for starting a dedicated thread for it.

This is 'in the news' now because The Site With No Name has recently 'broken' this news, which was already broken on this forum in this thread...

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...suggest-new-projects-are-in-the-works.934942/

I know, quite boring.

But in it, @marni1971 dropped this pearl...
I'd imagine anything built in this area will be more fitting for the area as a whole and not a misplaced IP.

Especially if it were to become the parks entrance.

After which, much speculation ensued...
They'll need a resort design that would go well as a backdrop to the Epcot Sphere. Maybe something like this...

View attachment 238696

Ask for a Club Level room.

TwilightZone

I know it's supposed to be in the front, but what if a plot twist happens and it turns out to be replacing wonders of life? now I'd like to see that!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think that could actually be a good way to use the excessive Innoventions space.

I wonder how guests would feel walking under a modern hotel, with the monorail turning nearby... oh yeah:

View attachment 247204
And don't forget...
66721172.jpg

RSoxNo1

blocking the view of spaceship earth to regular guests walking in? the ones not up in the lap of luxury? I mean to not ruin the view it would have to be only a few stories and if it's over the entrance that's floor one so? height will be huge here. not too surprised more money to be made.
Let's not pretend that the view of Spaceship Earth is unobstructed from outside the park.
SpaceshipEarth32.JPG

Many Disney parks have a "reveal" of the park's weenie after an "obstruction" at the front of the park. As long as the resort theme is appropriate, I don't see a problem with it.

WDW1974

Is Tom Amity taking credit for this? How many years ago did I mention this? How many years did Martin (BTW, got package last week ... thanks and owe ya a long note!) mention it?

I guess it's like his DVC at CBR scoop. Or ... I would think one of his top sources of late has more pressing concerns than feeding him tidbits from her Imagineer pals.

BTW, despite no, to my knowledge, firm decision on which option is being taken, I have a strong feeling this will open before any Star Wars Cruiser Role Playing Hotel Food Court and Spa.

WDW1974

More rooms don't exactly equate to busier parks.

I can't fathom the Parks being any busier than they are now. I had a recent visit (Pandora is wonderful, although FoP is, indeed, Soarin Over Pandora as I said from the start) and EPCOT and DAK have never felt so crowded other than Christmas week. MK was its usual self and DHS was largely empty because word of mouth is apparently stronger than Disney believes.

brent2124

This is false. While the parks may seem crowded, if every WDW Resort room was booked to capacity, the parks would be at less than half their capacity.

why am I fearing more huge concrete high rise like buildings like they are doing at coronado or something the size of riveria, I find neither one of those impressive. They keep building all these rooms but the parks cant handle the capacity.

Sped2424

I can't fathom the Parks being any busier than they are now. I had a recent visit (Pandora is wonderful, although FoP is, indeed, Soarin Over Pandora as I said from the start) and EPCOT and DAK have never felt so crowded other than Christmas week. MK was its usual self and DHS was largely empty because word of mouth is apparently stronger than Disney believes.
DHS has been rather desolate almost all my visits. It's still insane that they are charging nearly 100 dollars after taxes for a park with 5 attractions on a good day.

deeevo

Being DVC I gotta ask, any DVC wing or will it be without one? This is the only hotel aside from the Riviera (only due to direct link to Epcot and DHS) that could interest me just because it's connected to Epcot. This could be great or terrible.
I am going to put my money on them having a DVC wing of some sort. Seems par for the course.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Since it’s all out in the open now, the options - from what I know - are now west of the bus station, on the bus station, and slap bang center, adjacent to the monorail station and blocking the parking lot entrance reveal.

A forth, inside the park, thankfully seems to have been dropped.

The latter two imho would be detrimental to the park. But we’ll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom