News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Lift Blog

@Lift Blog , how realistic is this scenario??

CWA’s website makes it clear air conditioning is a significant endeavor and must be designed into a system:
“On site facilities for power supply such as chargers, charging rails in stations, fire precautions, etc. are required. For the realization, a project-specific design of the cabin interior including power supply is needed. This option has a significant impact on the cabin weight, and requires a corresponding power supply.”

Always expensive to retrofit but the ski industry does incremental upgrades of lifts all the time.

GCTales

I wonder if there is any potential to open sections earlier. Say from Pop/Art to The CB hub and from that hub to HS.
Doubt it.

The entire line would need to be completed to open the main hub as that is the convergence point for all three lines.

IIRC the CB hub us one building. If it were 3 seperate building, they might be able to do it, but I don't see the logic / benefit of a staged opening.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Doubt it.

The entire line would need to be completed to open the main hub as that is the convergence point for all three lines.

IIRC the CB hub us one building. If it were 3 seperate building, they might be able to do it, but I don't see the logic / benefit of a staged opening.
Hmm. Does that mean if one segment goes down, all segments have to stop?

GCTales

When under Construction.... Which means unfinished....

During operation, my guess would be probably not. Unless major repair work is required.

But I am not a gondola expert.....

JoeCamel

No but there would be no point allowing people to board if they are just going to pile up at a transfer point so they would cut off boarding. Like with the monorail, if it goes down you are directed to buses or for the ring route you take the ferry.

jmuboy

I'm just dreaming here....but assume the system, once operational, is deemed a success operationally by Disney. If this turns out to be the case Disney is rumored to have plans to expand by adding a line to connect the Coronado Resort and DAK to the existing Phase 1 lines.

My thought is what if the DAK station is a "V" shaped station that has 2 lines in it. One line that connects to the phase one routes. The 2nd line would be an express route (direct/ non stop - ala Express Monorail Line) to the TTC. I envision the line running along the other side of World Drive opposite the Epcot monorail beam. This would allow park hopping between MK and DAK easy. It would make a 2nd choice (but not convenient) method to park hop between DHS and MK. But most importantly I would this k to Disney would be that this line would essentially connect the three primary MK resorts to all 4 parks without having to ride a bus. Seems like a premium upgrade for these 3 WDW hotels. Disney will always see these as their premiere 3 resorts in WDW regardless whether we all agree with their operating standards.

Creathir

I'm just dreaming here....but assume the system, once operational, is deemed a success operationally by Disney. If this turns out to be the case Disney is rumored to have plans to expand by adding a line to connect the Coronado Resort and DAK to the existing Phase 1 lines.

My thought is what if the DAK station is a "V" shaped station that has 2 lines in it. One line that connects to the phase one routes. The 2nd line would be an express route (direct/ non stop - ala Express Monorail Line) to the TTC. I envision the line running along the other side of World Drive opposite the Epcot monorail beam. This would allow park hopping between MK and DAK easy. It would make a 2nd choice (but not convenient) method to park hop between DHS and MK. But most importantly I would this k to Disney would be that this line would essentially connect the three primary MK resorts to all 4 parks without having to ride a bus. Seems like a premium upgrade for these 3 WDW hotels. Disney will always see these as their premiere 3 resorts in WDW regardless whether we all agree with their operating standards.
Insiders have stated some other mass transit system is being looked at for implementation in other parts of the property.

They have stated there are zero plans to expand the Skyliner at this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom