Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Tom Morrow

You looked at the art and said it didn’t look great?
Yes. I don't like it. It looks like an excuse to make everything blocky and cheap "because it's a video game." Instead of bringing the Mushroom Kingdom to life in the real world, you're inside the video games so it looks fake like the video games. In other words, approaching the land concept in this way eliminates the need to try and make it ultra-immersive.

It looks marginally better than Legoland theming and Toy Story Land.

The land should also have a sense of exploration but the concept art looks claustrophobic - a cramped courtyard surrounded by three equally tall structures right next to each other.

I hope that either the Japan version surprises us or what we get is better and more immersive.

Last edited:

Mike S

Yes. I don't like it. It looks like an excuse to make everything blocky and cheap "because it's a video game." Instead of bringing the Mushroom Kingdom to life in the real world, you're inside the video games so it looks fake like the video games. In other words, approaching the land concept in this way eliminates the need to try and make it ultra-immersive.

The land should also have a sense of exploration but the concept art looks claustrophobic - a cramped courtyard surrounded by three equally tall structures right next to each other.

I hope that either the Japan version surprises us or what we get is better and more immersive.
Mario’s universe doesn’t look like ours. It’s very simplistic. To make it so would destroy the purpose of having us leave our world for his world.

If it makes you feel better you can expect Zelda to be closer to what you want.

Tom Morrow

Mario’s universe doesn’t look like ours. It’s very simplistic. To make it so would destroy the purpose of having us leave our world for his world.

If it makes you feel better you can expect Zelda to be closer to what you want.
Will we actually get Hyrule? If we do and it's immersive then I won't care what the Mushroom Kingdom turns out like.

JustInTime

I think it’s important to make it look like you are stepping into a video game world. The concept art looks to achieve just that. It looks just like it.

Cesar R M

You cant make anyone happy with that statement.
Hardcore fans and gamers will becry if they make things "realistic" and not the classic 2d style World with the stereotypical blocks.

And then there's you who want "super realistic and ultra inmersive". (which is irrelevant if the land is blocky or not)

ProfSavage

What about Pokemon? Any plans/ideas for Pokemon? If we are getting Mario, DK, and Zelda, the other two missing from "the big five" are Metroid and Pokemon. Maybe Kirby. You know what I mean - the big flagship Nintendo owned franchises

disneygeek90

I don't understand what they're doing with the newly purchased land. Isn't it decently away from the parks? Are they making another park completely?

JustInTime

Problem is, they chose the wrong version of Mario's world to represent. Had Odyssey came earlier, things may have looked different.
Mushroom kingdom in Odyssey looks just like the concept art. It looks like every mushroom kingdom ever. I don’t think I’d want it any other way. They wouldn’t have built the other worlds because those aren’t Mario. I think they made the right decision. Also, the odyssey concept has been around for years. So they knew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom