1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by Sped2424, May 7, 2015.

1. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Well-Known Member

IIRC this is true for the Magic Kingdom Pirates, which is why you see the image of a pirate ship approaching off in the distance just past the loading area. Disneyland's Pirates is supposed to be a trip back in time. I could be wrong though.

2. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

What do you mean order it? I still have it.

Mike S likes this.
  3. Jabbas

Jabbas Active Member

Any recent news on this? I've looked and I haven't found anything other than the original articles. They seem to be keeping things under wraps.

4. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

I'm not bothered as it hasn't yet reached the absolute fever pitch that we had leading up to the Nintendo Switch reveal. THAT was insane. At least we have concept art.

Later this month Nintendo is having a stockholders briefing so maybe we'll get info there.

danpam1024 likes this.
  5. Corey P

I'm wondering if it a matter of "let's see how the water park does". Water park wasn't cheap and doubt Nintendoland will be either. Also see if the new hotels carry through on last year. Everyone likes new but sometimes things go down hill after that.

Who knows but I do like that's it's sitting in the wings pretty much ready to go.

6. Jabbas

Jabbas Active Member

As long as it's still happening I'm okay with it too! I was just worried because I've only seen the original articles.

Mike S likes this.
  7. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt it'll be dropped.

Sped2424 and danpam1024 like this.
  8. Casper Gutman

Casper Gutman Well-Known Member

From my (meager) understanding, it's more the case that all future plans got thrown a bit into confusion by the huge new land purchase and the acquisition of Dreamworks Animation - what should go where and when got jumbled up as a third park and a bunch of new IPs were added to the mix.

I'd be really saddened if we don't get Nintendo Land, but I don't think there's any reason to worry about it.

danpam1024 and Mike S like this.
  9. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Yeah, Nintendo was a huge win for Universal. I read something recently that companies have been trying for years to get the theme park rights to their characters. The only casualties seem to be that SLoP ride and maybe Avengers being pushed back. From what I understand the Forbidden Forest and Nintendo have taken precedence.

CanadianGordon and danpam1024 like this.
  10. Corey P

Nintendo seems to be the closes to start building and I would have no idea why they wouldn't build it. The thing there is plans for the new land Universal purchased. Maybe they want Nintendo over on the new land as an anchor? Hope not, they need to fill up what land they have left in the present parks but what will be the big draw on the new land? I'm sure the new land purchase was thought out well a head of time, not a spur of the moment deal.

I'm just surprised work hasn't begun on a new attraction this year? I had some intel that said 2017 was when the big stuff starts happening. ???? That could be wrong.

danpam1024 likes this.
  11. Casper Gutman

I would be surprised if we don't get several new announcements and a groundbreaking by year's end.

I think some of the delay is simply that Uni now has a bunch of family IPs - Illumination, Dreamworks, Nintendo - and several spots where they might fit - Toon Lagoon, the unused amphitheater next to Marvel, Woody's Playland, the third park. They need to decide what goes where.

12. imperius

imperius Well-Known Member

Nintendo is huge as a property and will have plenty left over to place in the new park.

13. Casper Gutman

Perhaps, but they may not want to split the property up. HP is an exception rather than a rule, I suspect (and it's connected into it's own miniland, of course). Best not to confuse branding.

14. imperius

Crazy to think they partenered with Nintendo for one park. USF will get the Mario Kart, DK, and Yoshi then the others will have their pick of Zelda, possibly Pokémon, Luigi's mansion, metroid, animal crossing, etc. IOA will get some Nintendo properties also I'm sure.

15. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

If they were going to do Luigi's Mansion it would be in the Mario universe based land at USF along with the other three.

Cesar R M and danpam1024 like this.
  16. Casper Gutman

I would be a bit surprised if we see more Nintendo lands very soon. Pokemon is obvious, and unless there's a rights issue, I'm surprised it isn't part of the initial plans. But Zelda and Metroid, from what I know, lack a distinct and consistent aesthetic Uni could use. Which Zelda do you use - Mask of Majorca? Wind Waker? The most recent? They all look very different. And Metroid, while a great series like Zelda, has a very generic sci-fi look.

Besides, Uni now has a whole bunch of cartoon-y family properties THEY control and want to exploit with theme park attractions. I wouldn't bet on more Nintendo before we get a big chunk o' Dreamworks.

Cesar R M likes this.
  17. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

AFAIK, this is the plan:

SNW will start after HHNs. DC replacement in Sept.

18. danpam1024

danpam1024 Well-Known Member

DC?

19. imperius

Dreakworks will be with Nintendo in the new park I'm sure.

20. *Q*

*Q* Well-Known Member

Dragon Challenge.

danpam1024 and Disneyhead'71 like this.