Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

bclane

WDW Clues Beignet decided to "drop the BREAKING bomb" of the RVs being the train, while Mickey and Minnie follow along in their car. Although, they claimed each RV would hold only 4 people per car, with 4 cars, which I have definitely heard differently with closer to 36 per train. (approx 9 per car)
For the sake of capacity, I really hope you’re right. Does the scene description they list match watch you know? Sounds like a lot of fun if so!

bclane

The ride sounds like fun! Looking forward to this. Just sucks it replaced GMR.

Interesting if there are indeed 10 animatronics, of whatever function.
Definitely sounds fun! Apparently, if the “news” is true, Mickey and Minnie in the car will be two of them. I’m guessing goofy will be one as well. Other appearances by Mickey and Minnie could make up a few more of those animatronics. I wonder who else could appear.

Edit: I guess Daisy, Pluto, and a couple bulls could be the other animatronics.

180º

WDW Clues Beignet decided to "drop the BREAKING bomb" of the RVs being the train, while Mickey and Minnie follow along in their car. Although, they claimed each RV would hold only 4 people per car, with 4 cars, which I have definitely heard differently with closer to 36 per train. (approx 9 per car)
Liked for “WDW Clues Beignet”. And for your added insight, of course!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've not read it, did they say "car for only one scene?"

Or the more interesting part about part of the train?

mergatroid

If true these details sound pretty good

• Internal Documents indicate that the attraction will be handed over to park operations in April 2019 with the attraction likely opening in April or May.
  • Guests will board Goofy's train as seen in the concept art. Mickey and Minnie will follow along in their car to "save [guests] from Goofy's clumsiness".
  • The ride system will be trackless, and guests will board a 16 passenger train comprised of four separate cars in two rows of two.
  • The original lobby queue entrance area is expected to remain with different items in the displays.
  • The pre-show theater from The Great Movie RIde will be modified to two identical pre-show theaters. The pre-show will feature a new Mickey Mouse cartoon featuring Mickey, Minnie and Pluto heading to the park for a picnic. The screens will open up to reveal the load area where guests will board Goofy's train.
  • The scene by scene ride sequence is reported as follow:
    • The attraction begins with a trip through the park, followed by a tunnel. The tunnel features an encounter with Mickey and Minnie (as animatronics) in a car alongside the train. This appears to be the image featured as a model in the Walt Disney Presents exhibit on the upcoming attraction.
    • The next scene is described as a "running of the bulls" scenario where the cars break apart to avoid the stomping creatures.
    • The next scene is a trip to the carnival that ends with Mickey and Minnie caught in a twister.
    • The twister puts guests into a tropical location with four separate rooms (one for each vehicle). Each room has a large screen and water effects that will place the vehicles on the edge of a waterfall.
    • The train cars move into a city drainage pipe where they take a detour into a dance studio. An animatronic of Daisy Duck is giving dance lessons and the vehicles "dance" in the studio.
    • The next scene has the vehicles in an alleyway that leads to a factory and a large furnace. Before reaching the furnace, the vehicles are saved by Mickey and Minnie.
    • Saved by Mickey and Minnie, the guests return tot he park for the picnic. The scene features animatronics of Mickey, Minnie and Pluto before heading to the unload station.
    • Guests unload and return through the movie screen.
  • The attraction is expected to include over 10 audio animatronics.

Kman101

I don't necessarily like the look of the new Mickey shorts, but they are pretty clever!

They are pretty clever and well done. I also enjoy seeing the characters with personalities and not park mascots. I don't love *everything* about the design of the animation at times but I like the overall look. I'm really looking forward to this ride. And I think I'll always say this but it's too bad it was at the expense of GMR. We needed the extra capacity. A potentially great ride, not in the wrong place or park, but what it replaced I'll miss a lot.

Kman101

I'd imagine the "animatronics" are limited moving (if at all) figures that have been projected onto to bring them to life. Could be nicely done, even if they aren't full moving.

brb1006

If true these details sound pretty good

• Internal Documents indicate that the attraction will be handed over to park operations in April 2019 with the attraction likely opening in April or May.
  • Guests will board Goofy's train as seen in the concept art. Mickey and Minnie will follow along in their car to "save [guests] from Goofy's clumsiness".
  • The ride system will be trackless, and guests will board a 16 passenger train comprised of four separate cars in two rows of two.
  • The original lobby queue entrance area is expected to remain with different items in the displays.
  • The pre-show theater from The Great Movie RIde will be modified to two identical pre-show theaters. The pre-show will feature a new Mickey Mouse cartoon featuring Mickey, Minnie and Pluto heading to the park for a picnic. The screens will open up to reveal the load area where guests will board Goofy's train.
  • The scene by scene ride sequence is reported as follow:
    • The attraction begins with a trip through the park, followed by a tunnel. The tunnel features an encounter with Mickey and Minnie (as animatronics) in a car alongside the train. This appears to be the image featured as a model in the Walt Disney Presents exhibit on the upcoming attraction.
    • The next scene is described as a "running of the bulls" scenario where the cars break apart to avoid the stomping creatures.
    • The next scene is a trip to the carnival that ends with Mickey and Minnie caught in a twister.
    • The twister puts guests into a tropical location with four separate rooms (one for each vehicle). Each room has a large screen and water effects that will place the vehicles on the edge of a waterfall.
    • The train cars move into a city drainage pipe where they take a detour into a dance studio. An animatronic of Daisy Duck is giving dance lessons and the vehicles "dance" in the studio.
    • The next scene has the vehicles in an alleyway that leads to a factory and a large furnace. Before reaching the furnace, the vehicles are saved by Mickey and Minnie.
    • Saved by Mickey and Minnie, the guests return tot he park for the picnic. The scene features animatronics of Mickey, Minnie and Pluto before heading to the unload station.
    • Guests unload and return through the movie screen.
  • The attraction is expected to include over 10 audio animatronics.
That dance and twister sequences sounds like fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom