Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

PorterRedkey

I've not read it, did they say "car for only one scene?"

Or the more interesting part about part of the train?
They did speak to each "car" getting a unique room at one point. I am not sure what the interesting part of the train you are referring to, but they did say the train cars would separate for a scene to dodge bulls and for the dance scene. Plus the separation that is implied with separate rooms.

RSoxNo1

If true these details sound pretty good

• Internal Documents indicate that the attraction will be handed over to park operations in April 2019 with the attraction likely opening in April or May.
  • Guests will board Goofy's train as seen in the concept art. Mickey and Minnie will follow along in their car to "save [guests] from Goofy's clumsiness".
  • The ride system will be trackless, and guests will board a 16 passenger train comprised of four separate cars in two rows of two.
  • The original lobby queue entrance area is expected to remain with different items in the displays.
  • The pre-show theater from The Great Movie RIde will be modified to two identical pre-show theaters. The pre-show will feature a new Mickey Mouse cartoon featuring Mickey, Minnie and Pluto heading to the park for a picnic. The screens will open up to reveal the load area where guests will board Goofy's train.
  • The scene by scene ride sequence is reported as follow:
    • The attraction begins with a trip through the park, followed by a tunnel. The tunnel features an encounter with Mickey and Minnie (as animatronics) in a car alongside the train. This appears to be the image featured as a model in the Walt Disney Presents exhibit on the upcoming attraction.
    • The next scene is described as a "running of the bulls" scenario where the cars break apart to avoid the stomping creatures.
    • The next scene is a trip to the carnival that ends with Mickey and Minnie caught in a twister.
    • The twister puts guests into a tropical location with four separate rooms (one for each vehicle). Each room has a large screen and water effects that will place the vehicles on the edge of a waterfall.
    • The train cars move into a city drainage pipe where they take a detour into a dance studio. An animatronic of Daisy Duck is giving dance lessons and the vehicles "dance" in the studio.
    • The next scene has the vehicles in an alleyway that leads to a factory and a large furnace. Before reaching the furnace, the vehicles are saved by Mickey and Minnie.
    • Saved by Mickey and Minnie, the guests return tot he park for the picnic. The scene features animatronics of Mickey, Minnie and Pluto before heading to the unload station.
    • Guests unload and return through the movie screen.
  • The attraction is expected to include over 10 audio animatronics.
Nice to see my transcription of Corless's notes taken word for word without credit to either. BRAVO!

mergatroid

Nice to see my transcription of Corless's notes taken word for word without credit to either. BRAVO!

Apologies found it through google earlier. I thought we weren't supposed to link other sites on here otherwise I would have just linked it up. Not trying to steal anyone's thunder, just sharing the info. If I've upset anyone I'm sorry, wasn't my intentions and full respect to whoever leaked it or typed it up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apologies found it through google earlier. I thought we weren't supposed to link other sites on here otherwise I would have just linked it up. Not trying to steal anyone's thunder, just sharing the info. If I've upset anyone I'm sorry, wasn't my intentions and full respect to whoever leaked it or typed it up.

There are two sites only not to link to one is WDW News Today and the other is Easy WDW. They haven't had the best info and they don't play nice with the other bloggers. The former is run by a Mr. Corless, so, you may hear that name invoked instead.

Go link crazy with the rest.

mergatroid

There are two sites only not to link to one is and the other is Easy WDW. They haven't had the best info and they don't play nice with the other bloggers. The former is run by a Mr. Corless, so, you may hear that name invoked instead.

Here's where I got it in that case. Would have happily done this originally had I known.

RSoxNo1

There are two sites only not to link to one is and the other is Easy WDW. They haven't had the best info and they don't play nice with the other bloggers. The former is run by a Mr. Corless, so, you may hear that name invoked instead.

To further that, there is an etiquette here where we properly source things when we can, even if it's on Corless' site. He does get good information (as evident by insiders here confirming all the great info he posted yesterday). Forum rules won't allow a link back to his site, but an acknowledgement is certainly warranted. As for your post, I think something appropriate for that would be, "WDWThemeParks.com organized Corless' info". I doubt Steve would have a problem with that.

Pixieish

THANK YOU. I was wondering what the deal was.

Boek68

Surely the ride will include at least one, brief and subtle nod to GMR. What part of GMR would you like to see as an "Easter egg" ?

PizzaPlanet

Surely the ride will include at least one, brief and subtle nod to GMR. What part of GMR would you like to see as an "Easter egg" ?
It'd be great if inside the Chinese Theater there were references to the movies that were featured in GMR, like movie posters, props, etc.

Bender123

We're not. In my opinion of course.

Whilst it'll be very fun it's no GMR. Nor should the GMR have been sacrificed for this. Even with the reasons why it happened.

I believe a better way of asking the question is: Are we looking at a scenario like Journey Into Imagination(a pure downgrade) or are we looking at a World of Motion (a sidegrade...us old farts will miss the old ride, but the new one is excellent on its own). I can be mad at them for ripping a classic out, but can I be happy that the new ride is at least a different type of enjoyable?

We are in agreement that rides should not be sacrificed but on the scale of JII as a 1 (Why god, why?) and WoM (I miss it, but damn....thats a fun and unique experience) a 10 where will it slot in on the replacement scale?

Magic Feather

I believe a better way of asking the question is: Are we looking at a scenario like Journey Into Imagination(a pure downgrade) or are we looking at a World of Motion (a sidegrade...us old farts will miss the old ride, but the new one is excellent on its own). I can be mad at them for ripping a classic out, but can I be happy that the new ride is at least a different type of enjoyable?

We are in agreement that rides should not be sacrificed but on the scale of JII as a 1 (Why god, why?) and WoM (I miss it, but damn....thats a fun and unique experience) a 10 where will it slot in on the replacement scale?
I'd call this to be very close to the WoM to TT transition.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

The Mickey ride will be a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to actually riding it. But I’ll never forgive its location, and for that it’ll always loose points in my opinion. As for a rating, I think that’s down to personal opinion.

Bender123

The Mickey ride will be a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to actually riding it. But I’ll never forgive its location, and for that it’ll always loose points in my opinion. As for a rating, I think that’s down to personal opinion.

That sounds like a ringing endorsement for it replacing an all time great AA based ride. I must admit, I am very excited to ride it, but I will always have that pain of knowing what used to be there. Im glad I got down this summer for one last ride, even though it was in very very rough shape...

DisneyLostBoy03

Love the idea of having trackless vehicles appear as train cars and separating throughout the ride! Definitely makes it more believable that guests are inside a cartoon world. By the ways, how likely are the rumors for MMRR to be coming to Disneyland's Toontown as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom