Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Movielover

except my cool comment had to do with likable females and nothing to do with the poor character development of 7. granted you retorted with a rocket meme so I apologize if I don't take your opinion seriously.

What??? Your post was about nothing but character development!

"I mean Finn and rey are both amazingly forgettable. when I think of female star wars the first thing that comes to mind is Jin erso in that all black imperial suit. now that was cool. sad when a stand alone carries more character development"

Please point out how that was not referring to character development?
I mean I know you have no idea what true character development is and retreat back to the ill-informed "this is cool so it must be good!" attitude but please do fill me in on how any of what you said is not related to character development?

No Name

Batuu sounds like Naboo, and it kind of looks like Naboo, so maybe that's where the name comes from. I'm a batuu ask someone who might know.

Also, continuity is nice for all the movie geeks out there, but for your average guest it means no characters like Darth Vader. What is a Star Wars land without Darth Vader? Or Yoda? I think they are catering a bit heavily to a minority that'll visit anyway. If they have to justify it, say that dead characters can be temporarily revived on Batuu by some mystical chemicals in its atmosphere. Label something "canon" and it's all good and true.

I think it would make the land more successful. I'll duck and cover.

Rteetz

Blueprint02.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Kylo-vator seems to line up with the multi-level rumors. Combined elevator and Kylo show scene interlude?
There are two of these. Or rather a pair. But they aren't the main level change elevators.

Also note, compared to that link, the actual ride begins with scene 8.

The Falcon prop is 80ft wide. 100ft nose to tail. This is not part of the ride or the preshow.

The "U shaped bar" is the QSR, not the TSR. The latter is the Cantina. QSR will have outdoor seating. There will be a build a saber store. And build a droid. And seven other merch locations, from shops to carts in the village. Alcatraz has another two carts.

Restrooms are at either end of the village (the Falcon end of the land). In Orlando additional restrooms are the existing ones outside MV and the TSL block just the other side of the berm.

Last edited:

matt9112

What??? Your post was about nothing but character development!

"I mean Finn and rey are both amazingly forgettable. when I think of female star wars the first thing that comes to mind is Jin erso in that all black imperial suit. now that was cool. sad when a stand alone carries more character development"

Please point out how that was not referring to character development?
I mean I know you have no idea what true character development is and retreat back to the ill-informed "this is cool so it must be good!" attitude but please do fill me in on how any of what you said is not related to character development?

wow.....just wow....please leave me alone as you are now blocked. bash somebody e sle for there opinions.

PorterRedkey

There are two of these. Or rather a pair. But they aren't the main level change elevators.

Also note, compared to that link, the actual ride begins with scene 8.

The Falcon prop is 80ft wide. 100ft nose to tail. This is not part of the ride or the preshow.

The "U shaped bar" is the QSR, not the TSR. The latter is the Cantina. QSR will have outdoor seating. There will be a build a saber store. And build a droid. And seven other merch locations, from shops to carts in the village. Alcatraz has another two carts.

Restrooms are at either end of the village (the Falcon end of the land). In Orlando additional restrooms are the existing ones outside MV and the TSL block just the other side of the berm.

First, you are a treasure for all of us Disney park fans!

So will the land now be getting a TSR, a QSR and the Cantina? Or are the TSR and the Cantina combined?

djkidkaz

So I’m curious how large this land will actually feel? Pandora is 12 acres and to me feels VERY small, you basically walk in a small circle. The amount of actual guest walking space for Pandora has to be the smallest land in the park, just maybe behind the Oasis or at least on par with it.

Star Wars Land is only adding 2 more acres so my question is how much more expansive do you think this will feel compared to Pandora?

Haymarket2008

So I’m curious how large this land will actually feel? Pandora is 12 acres and to me feels VERY small, you basically walk in a small circle. The amount of actual guest walking space for Pandora has to be the smallest land in the park, just maybe behind the Oasis or at least on par with it.

Star Wars Land is only adding 2 more acres so my question is how much more expansive do you think this will feel compared to Pandora?

Agreed, I was shocked by how intimate Pandora turned out to be. I seem to think that there will be so much more room for exploration in Galaxy's Edge with the construct of it existing in a winding, cavernous city. So I think the sense of space will be manipulated, whereas in Pandora it's so wide open and you can easily see how much little distance you've covered.

Magic Feather

Agreed, I was shocked by how intimate Pandora turned out to be. I seem to think that there will be so much more room for exploration in Galaxy's Edge with the construct of it existing in a winding, cavernous city. So I think the sense of space will be manipulated, whereas in Pandora it's so wide open and you can easily see how much little distance you've covered.
In my opinion, this will be like a Linear Pandora, if FoP were where the Non-restaurant Bathrooms are, and NRJ was between Pongu and Satu'li. By that, I mean it will be a long, winding path through a wood-ish area, with a small outpost (Alcatraz entrance and unlikely but potential ST exit) before continuing into the main civilized/village hub, where almost everything else, from Falcon, to Cantina, to Pod Engine Grill, to Build a Light$abre, to the See and Buy Space Junk Experience (the original name of Galaxy's Edge), and then the exit to the immersive experience that was compared to Carsland. Also, for those who have seen Star Tours's new ending, it ends adjacent to the restaurant adjacent to Falcon. The one I like to call Pod Engine Grill because, well...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was surprised how big Avland seemed to feel compared to the actual physical size of the onstage area. I thought they did it very well.

SWL will feel both large and cramped. The west end, especially the marketplace, has enough alleyways and nooks and crannies to feel both huge and small at the same time. Like Feather said the contrast from east to west in design and appearance will also help. Excluding actual guests being there.

mergatroid

It's an interesting idea of exiting the ride vehicle midway through the ride to board it again later. My main concern with it is the time this would add when you get those folk who take an age to leave the vehicle?

MaxW

In my opinion, this will be like a Linear Pandora, if FoP were where the Non-restaurant Bathrooms are, and NRJ was between Pongu and Satu'li. By that, I mean it will be a long, winding path through a wood-ish area, with a small outpost (Alcatraz entrance and unlikely but potential ST exit) before continuing into the main civilized/village hub, where almost everything else, from Falcon, to Cantina, to Pod Engine Grill, to Build a Light$abre, to the See and Buy Space Junk Experience (the original name of Galaxy's Edge), and then the exit to the immersive experience that was compared to Carsland. Also, for those who have seen Star Tours's new ending, it ends adjacent to the restaurant adjacent to Falcon. The one I like to call Pod Engine Grill because, well...
does that mean there is a chance of star tours surviving post galaxy edge opening? I thought it was definite that the ride was to be re-themed?

andysol

Left side is going to be filled with dirt according to Bioreconstruct

Bioreconstruct = Best Update Pictures anywhere (who isn't @WDWtraveler ;))
Although.... Bioreconstruct Also = So much misinformation and commentary. He knows less than anyone on here does- In fact, I have no idea why he says half the stuff he says and it is rarely true. Not saying there won't be first on the left side- but his guesses are as good as a bus driver's.
Still love his pics though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom