'Holidays Around the World' to become 'Epcot International Festival of the Holidays'

Sunset7132

Disney feels special because most guests don't get to go every day. All the rides and shows are generally open everyday and people still love them because they only get to experience them occasionally.

Saying Epcot should purposely not have a festival for several months of the year for the sole purpose of making F&W feel more special is like saying they should purposely close a ride for months just so that it's more special when it's open. That makes no sense. I'm looking forward to year round festivals.
I agree all year, for those That can't get there at that time of food n wine, some people like to pay money to be a premium member To look big ,just to complain all the time and intimidate new members .. something like the wizard in the movie Wizard of Oz ... I think a different festival four times a year is an excellent idea for Epcot

mikejs78

Premium Member
I wonder how long until it's announced there will be an "Epcot Festival" every day of the year?

Late winter/early spring: Festival of the Arts
Spring/early summer: Flower and Garden Festival
Summer: [Coming soon, no doubt!]
Late summer/early fall: Food and Wine Festival
Late fall/early winter: Festival of the Holidays

I said it in a different thread earlier today - "Coming soon - Epcot's Sizzlin' Summer Festival". At this point, I'd almost guarantee it's coming. Soon everyone will have an opportunity year-round to over-indulge and vomit in World Showcase during a 'Festival'... :depressed:

F&W is still different enough (more booths, more extensive menus, a much greater variety of wines and beers from around the world..) from the other festivals to make it unique. I'm all for having these food stations year round with seasonably changing menus. Most of my trips have been during F&W, next year I'm going in April during F&G, and I'm glad that there will be a festival going on. It's one of the things I love about Epcot.

NeedMoreMickey

I wonder how long until it's announced there will be an "Epcot Festival" every day of the year?

Late winter/early spring: Festival of the Arts
Spring/early summer: Flower and Garden Festival
Summer: [Coming soon, no doubt!]
Late summer/early fall: Food and Wine Festival
Late fall/early winter: Festival of the Holidays

I said it in a different thread earlier today - "Coming soon - Epcot's Sizzlin' Summer Festival". At this point, I'd almost guarantee it's coming. Soon everyone will have an opportunity year-round to over-indulge and vomit in World Showcase during a 'Festival'... :depressed:

The booths are up a year now, may say temporary in the permit but the were there in July. To me the biggest problem is some of them take up viewing space for fireworks. Fine if the booths are going to be there change the night show so it can be viewed by everyone

THECARISMINE

Bummed about the new holidays festival menu. My two favorites from 2016, the Caramel Kiss (warm caramel drink) and Duck Confit with Brussel Sprouts, are not listed in any of the kiosk menus for this year. That duck confit brussel sprouts was so good last year, I had it at least 4 times over the course of the festival. Guess I'll just have to try to make it at home!
I will be genuinely shocked if the Caramel Kiss isn't included in a kiosk near the new food options in Germany this year. It's been a staple of the holidays in Epcot.

cjgren

Anyone have any insight if the booths this year will be snack credit eligible like the other festivals or if they will remain large portions?

es135

I can understand being upset that Disney is using temporary food booths and festivals to boost the appeal of EPCOT. That being said, I'm actually looking forward to sampling some of the offerings around the park. This coupled with the new show in Innoventions looks to be Disney's way of filling out the park until the new attractions open. I just hope this remains a temporary fix and not the new normal.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I can understand being upset that Disney is using temporary food booths and festivals to boost the appeal of EPCOT. That being said, I'm actually looking forward to sampling some of the offerings around the park. This coupled with the new show in Innoventions looks to be Disney's way of filling out the park until the new attractions open. I just hope this remains a temporary fix and not the new normal.

I hope it does become the new normal because I *like* the festival atmosphere of World Showcase. Other than F&G (which admittedly I haven't been to yet, but that will be rectified next year), all the festivals seem to be focused on different aspects of various cultures - Art, Food & Wine, and holiday celebrations. To me this goes right to the heart of the mission of Epcot.

es135

I hope it does become the new normal because I *like* the festival atmosphere of World Showcase. Other than F&G (which admittedly I haven't been to yet, but that will be rectified next year), all the festivals seem to be focused on different aspects of various cultures - Art, Food & Wine, and holiday celebrations. To me this goes right to the heart of the mission of Epcot.
I've admittedly never attended the park while one of the festivals is going on. I like what you describe, especially the way they add to the whole atmosphere. If the new margarita stand that opened in Mexico today is any indication of what a permanent festival booth could be, I say bring them on! But maybe let's not take over a year to build them haha

Bolt

It appears they went more with a food and wine festival style format. Last year they were pretty much all typical counter service entrée portions.
If you're going to train people at the other 3 festivals that they're tasting sizes, keep it consistent here I suppose.

Disone

Looking good!
23736142_10212352625724829_6992176388025304960_o.jpg

According to the Times guide, the Peace on Earth tag does indeed begin tonight!!
YES. YES it did.

ToTBellHop

YES. YES it did.
And it seems there was a significant pyro reduction. Transition to the final bursts was visually spectacular and IMHO improved (though the “screamer” fireworks are unfortunately gone like Bob wanted) but the final burst itself was significantly reduced. Can’t imagine any car alarms went off.

Disone

And it seems there was a significant pyro reduction. Transition to the final bursts was visually spectacular and IMHO improved (though the “screamer” fireworks are unfortunately gone like Bob wanted) but the final burst itself was significantly reduced. Can’t imagine any car alarms went off.

You know every year someone post how this year's holiday tag has been reduced. And if every year that was true this holiday tag would be reduced now to just about nothing. I had the unique opportunity of meeting and talking to a firework tech about the show. He was very candid and open about how and what they do for the holiday tag and all of the other special holiday tags. I do not believe there was any cut. What was mentioned was how they have to use substitute fireworks when the available intended inventory is not in stock. But on sheer volume of fireworks, including the finale, it seems just fine to me. I believe that while youtube while show changes, it will show also about the same volume of fireworks. In fact from YouTube videos I can tell you that the finale is about 6 Seconds of pure explosions coming off of both barges. Let me know when it's significantly less than that. ;)

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Also hearing about this. Has our resident Illuminations expert @marni1971 weighed in on this? Do you still make an appearance on the Earth Globe?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also hearing about this. Has our resident Illuminations expert @marni1971 weighed in on this? Do you still make an appearance on the Earth Globe?
I’ve not paid much attention to this years tag. I should do.

I know the previous tag was reduced each year a little each time. The finale was very conspicuous in this.

Earth Globe footage was all replaced a few years back. At least I’ve got the pictures :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom