The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
weihnachten_400.jpg
I think it's time for me to break out the frying pan

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don’t use the flea and tick stuff on my indoor cats. The dogs do go out but they only wander in our yard that is open and not wooded. That frontline stuff is poison.
Yep. Worse the ones that they swallow. I have used frontline on various pups but only after I see a flea or two. Normally not more than 2 applications a year vs 12. The bunnies and squirrels bring fleas into the yard to I tend to spray the grass area down with OFF bug killer vs treating a Pup.

It sure does look pretty in a picture. But that is where I would like it to stay. ;):p

^^^^
THIS

Cesar R M

Keep trying Sir. Most decades the dream is attainable if not in this particular portion of the decade. Hard working, smart immigrants have always been a welcome asset to our land, I know from both of my grandparents who came here and succeeded. Hopefully this too shall pass for you too in the very near future. My Sis is an immigration attorney and she is still processing. The Dream is still alive and she is the living proof it all.
Unfortunately my chances right now are next to null, specially now that you know who is in office with a publicly hostile opinion against my country and its citizens.

I think I have better chances moving to Canada or Australia lol.

MySmallWorldof4

So cute so far. Can't wait to see it finished.
Getting close. I got one layer of icing done. Ran out of powdered sugar so waiting til dh comes home.
D9842408-9FCA-41C9-91EC-D0AE98BE8BAC.jpeg
Yep. Worse the ones that they swallow. I have used frontline on various pups but only after I see a flea or two. Normally not more than 2 applications a year vs 12. The bunnies and squirrels bring fleas into the yard to I tend to spray the grass area down with OFF bug killer vs treating a Pup.

^^^^
THIS
We only do 2 applications a year also. The vet always wonders why we don’t need to buy more.

MySmallWorldof4

Unfortunately my chances right now are next to null, specially now that you know who is in office with a publicly hostile opinion against my country and its citizens.

I think I have better chances moving to Canada or Australia lol.
Australia is not that easy to move to. You need to be able to prove that you have a job qualification that is needed. It works on points. Checked into that a few years ago because my half brother and his family live there. Had a thought of moving there as well. His wife is Australian so that was his in. Helps that he is a lawyer. We realized that a trip to WDW costs a heck of a lot more coming from Australia, plus it has the most poisonous critters in the world. :eek::eek:
In regards to this country, I don’t think you would have a hard time if you had a job offer from a company here. You have a needed skill. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , do you plan to visit Pandora on this trip? Just wondering if FOP has a single rider line? Anyway, have a fun day today!! :happy:

Thanks. I'm actually on the bus back to the resort from animal kingdom. I did flights of passage and there was not a single rider line to start with. I had a fast pass. When the time comes to line up people for the different bays I was then put in a separate line (had a couple other singles behind me) and then we filled in the extra spaces from there.

93boomer

Premium Member
I just received a phone call from my primary care doctor, and my echocardiogram came back normal. The doctor still wants me to keep my cardiologist appointment in January, and I have an appointment with her in December. I will then have my normal bloodwork, and she can see how my new medication is working. Good news on this Friday.
Congrats!! Now you can relax for the holidays.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good news!!! We're going to Disney for my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We decided that we both really need a break from the madness. Between DH working his tail off at work and not getting any vacation a week at a time all summer and my asthma and now high bp, we have got to get away. His boss said it was ok and approved a week in Dec. I am soo happy!!!! If I could do somersaults, one or two would be in order. :D:p

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good news!!! We're going to Disney for my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We decided that we both really need a break from the madness. Between DH working his tail off at work and not getting any vacation a week at a time all summer and my asthma and now high bp, we have got to get away. His boss said it was ok and approved a week in Dec. I am soo happy!!!! If I could do somersaults, one or two would be in order. :D:p

Awesome!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Australia is not that easy to move to. You need to be able to prove that you have a job qualification that is needed. It works on points. Checked into that a few years ago because my half brother and his family live there. Had a thought of moving there as well. His wife is Australian so that was his in. Helps that he is a lawyer. We realized that a trip to WDW costs a heck of a lot more coming from Australia, plus it has the most poisonous critters in the world. :eek::eek:
In regards to this country, I don’t think you would have a hard time if you had a job offer from a company here. You have a needed skill. :)

@Cesar R M might be able to pull Australia off as he has specific education and bilingual which is an added bonus. It would be here too in another era, but I understand him being a realist the next few years unlikely. My DS friend has been hired for example to open and launch a waterpark in Australia. Her degree is in Parks and Rec. There are some areas of Australia that their own citizens do not want to work in because of the heat and humidity. Well that is another open door for Cesar 'cause he has that Heat and Humidity thing already and is conditioned to it. Timing and opportunities just have to align.

Cesar R M

That was me at my last two jobs and is ALWAYS me at home. The second anything happens at home, it's the end of the world for some people. :rolleyes:
Ironically, this happensto me in the opposite way. I work from home.. so all the entire thing goes nuts when I'm about to take a vacation.
Suddenly every single project needs to be done YESTERDAY.
and how suddenly "all sales must go!" before I go :|

MySmallWorldof4

Had some ribs and sliders and beer (of course) at the nomad lounge.
View attachment 244007 View attachment 244008 View attachment 244009 View attachment 244010
Jealous of the heat you are enjoying. :cautious: The food doesn't look to bad either. :p
How excellent!! Very glad for you and dh.:):)

betty rose

We've talked about this before and my kids also have this one dominate eye thing, it is not rare but often children are pegged as learning disabled and poor readers and in reality it is a vision problem. Both of my kids had invisible prisms in their eye glasses that forced them to use both eyes together at the same time. Has his Ophthalmologist ever tried that treatment? The non dominate eye over time became stronger and stronger and eventually neither needed glasses any longer to correct that.
I've never heard of this. I will check with daughter, she takes the boy's to all the Dr.'s appointments. She hasn't mentioned this. I turned my eye off, almost at birth and showed no sign's of having a reading problem. But when I did the eye test to have both eyes used to line things up, I always failed. But nothing was said about doing anything. I think it was much too late for me. Mom and dad didn't take us to an eye doctor until I sat in the first row and couldn't see the chalk board. That was in the third grade. Medicine in the past failed a lot of us, out in the country....translated....farm kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom