The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Pixieish

Several thousand when all is said and done. You can't learn by yourself over here...you have to take lessons from an acredited instructor and those cost upwards of 50 euros per hour. Now, I already know how to drive, but I DON'T know how to drive a manual transmission, plus there are some different rules. So while I wouldn't have to start from scratch like some people, I would still need quite a bit of training....the testing is so much more strict here, most people fail at least once. I think the written theory test is something like 500 euros to take, and then the practical. So somewhere between 2000 and 4000 Euros.
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

donaldtoo

I think 3mpg might be on the generous side, but that was in the 80s, so I was using quarters to get a coupla' gallons at a time, lmao!!!

I got a small preview of what my 11-year-old son's voice is going to sound like when it changes...holy bananas, that was scary and weird!

Yep, definitely remember paying many times for just enough gas with spare coinage...!!! :hilarious:

And yep, I remember when my voice changed...my mother lost her first "little boy". Dad had a different outlook..."yes, finally!" :hilarious:

Pixieish

Yep, definitely remember paying Many times for just enough gas with spare coinage...!!! :hilarious:

And yep, I remeber when my voice changed...my mother lost her first "little boy". Dad had a different outlook..."yes, finally!" :hilarious:
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Hubby and I just had a discussion about son #1 driving in the future last night...on the one hand, I'm dreading it because he was my first and he's growing up way too fast, etc. etc.. On the other - he will be able to go for takeout! ;):eek::hilarious:

wdwfan4ver

High of 48 today. Tonight let's just go to bed and not think of it!
That is warmer than I live. It was 35 as a higher, but it was down to 24 degree by 5 at night with the winds howling outside. The cold didn't stop crowds going to a Frozen Custard stand that was founded by Elsa despite having no seating inside. That stand is best known for huge burgers and frozen Custard.

That Frozen Custard even is very busy when its less than 10 degrees outside in the past and snowing. It had 2 Frozen Custard Flavors of the Day Yesterday. I checked the Flavors yesterday. Grasshopper Fudge was one of the two flavors of the day with the other being Maple Syrup & Pancakes.

donaldtoo

WHOA...that's a lot of tree regulations! Where I am, we're surrounded by ENORMOUS eastern white pines...I'm talking in the neighborhood of three feet in diameter in some cases and they can grow to be 230ft. tall...there are no regulations for what you cut down on your own property. We had 5 REALLY big pines (around 30" in diameter) cut down around our house because there was too much shade and they were so close that it was causing issues with the siding. They had to not only have dudes climb them and cut them off in sections, but they also brought in a crane to lift them over the house. It was pretty crazy, but the neighborhood kids had a blast watching!

Definitely different here.
Yep, the McMansion stuff is all really great, but, it changes frequently (bureaucrats trying to keep their jobs and all...what else would they do with there "work" day :cyclops:), but, it gets ridiculous much of the time. :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

My London Fog coats have come out of storage:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and:mad:
Over the last two days I have received at least a dozen weather warnings on my phone equal to or beyond a tornado watch warning we were receiving a few months ago. The difference is that this is because on Saturday they are expecting the temperature to drop to 28 degrees during the night. Warning, warning, warning... it will be chilly. Find shelter. These folks down here never cease to amuse me. Last night, around the airport... boots, down jackets, scarfs, wool hats and mittens was the uniform of the day. The temperature was 49 degrees.

Pixieish

Over the last two days I have received at least a dozen weather warnings on my phone equal to or beyond a tornado watch warning we were receiving a few months ago. The difference is that this is because on Saturday they are expecting the temperature to drop to 28 degrees during the night. Warning, warning, warning... it will be chilly. Find shelter. These folks down here never cease to amuse me. Last night, around the airport... boots, down jackets, scarfs, wool hats and mittens was the uniform of the day. The temperature was 49 degrees.

When our friend moved to NC from MA, his wife thought he was insane to bring his big plow...until they quickly realized that an inch of snow in NC is nearly the equivalent of a blizzard up here in terms of reactions from people. He made a FORTUNE plowing for the town they moved to.

Goofyernmost

When our friend moved to NC from MA, his wife thought he was insane to bring his big plow...until they quickly realized that an inch of snow in NC is nearly the equivalent of a blizzard up here in terms of reactions from people. He made a FORTUNE plowing for the town they moved to.
Yup, that could happen. Add a salt/sand spreader and in one winter one could probably be a millionaire. If that doesn't work open a Auto Body Repair shop. No one knows how to drive in even the most minor of snow accumulations. I don't get quite as critical of freezing rain because my own experience tells me that no one should be on the road during one of those. Talk about being at the mercy of nature, that is the case with ice storms.

BAChicagoGal

I just received a phone call from my primary care doctor, and my echocardiogram came back normal. The doctor still wants me to keep my cardiologist appointment in January, and I have an appointment with her in December. I will then have my normal bloodwork, and she can see how my new medication is working. Good news on this Friday.

MySmallWorldof4

Wouldn't bunny & groundhog wire work better...?! o_O

:D ;)
:hilarious::hilarious:
I just realized I forgot to take more pics of the home design I was working on. :cyclops:
Oh well, Monday isn't that far away...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
:oops: ;)

In the meantime, here's a partial 3-D model of that monster one I worked on recently...! :)

View attachment 243418
Oh my goodness!! That is amazing. Incredible what abodes some deem necessary.
My London Fog coats have come out of storage:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and:mad:
Wearing my Land’s End parka. Fffffreezing. What happened to November? Feels like it is the middle of January. :banghead::banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom