What did you do?

dreamfinder

Bike today.

He prides himself on his brevity! LOL
I believe that means 2.68 miles at 2% incline at 7:24 minute/mile pace. Right @dreamfinder ?

Yup.

Incline? so treadmill training?

Yup. My midweek workouts take place at 5AM, so done at the gym. Weekends will depend on schedule/weather. TM is pretty uneventful, one of the reasons for my shorthand usually. I don't seem to hate it as much as most people do. Not as easy to do speed work/intervals, but I still do them occasionally. More likely to do negative splits or large intervals instead of shorter speed work intervals. Lately it's been more about getting to the gym on time and just getting something in as I have a very small window of time in the AM before I have to get on the road to commute to work.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
4 slow and easy miles this AM. Knee still not 100%, but soooo much better than last weekend. Back in training, for the 10th Anniversary Princess Half in February.

Supposed to run yesterday, but, you know, college football Saturday. And the Noles blew a chance to beat Clemson. :(

dreamfinder

Tweaked my knee yesterday, so only 5@2i@9 and then 12.5 on the bike. One of those stupid annoying things, just walking and them BAM! felt like it was hyper extended. Happens every few months or so, but usually only lasts a day or two. Today was bike.

Texas84

Local Veteran's Day half marathon on Saturday. Cold and windy but sunny. My finishing time was OK considering the wind and hills. I'm going to miss those flat Disneyland races. Oh well, back to Goofy training. :arghh:

JillC LI

7 miles on Saturday. 4 last night. Feel better @dreamfinder.

Anyone have an older generation Nano with a bluetooth dongle? I'm thinking of getting a dongle so I can use wireless headphone when I run. For that matter, anyone have any wireless headphones they like/dislike? I was looking at Bragi.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Anyone have an older generation Nano with a bluetooth dongle? I'm thinking of getting a dongle so I can use wireless headphone when I run. For that matter, anyone have any wireless headphones they like/dislike? I was looking at Bragi.

I have both a 5th gen and Touch Nano. Use Bose SoundSport wireless earbuds. Found them on Amazon (of course). Not cheap, but instead of the funky around the ear hooks that many sports ear buds have, which don't fit my weird ears (thanks, Dad), these have soft silicone tips (come with three sizes) with a tab that fits in the grove of your ear. I got the bundled pack that included a charging case for travel. I prefer Bose - great quality and sound. And all their earbuds, whether wired or wireless, include a clip so you can clip them to your shirt or collar - I hate things bouncing on the back of my neck when running.

Photo:

Screenshot_20171114-193338.jpg

They come in black, blue and citrine.

Texas84

I've been using SoundPEATS for a few years. You can probably get better sound but can't beat the price. Took me a while to figure out what ear attachment to use but once I did these things never fall out.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Bike today.

Yup.

Yup. My midweek workouts take place at 5AM, so done at the gym. Weekends will depend on schedule/weather. TM is pretty uneventful, one of the reasons for my shorthand usually. I don't seem to hate it as much as most people do. Not as easy to do speed work/intervals, but I still do them occasionally. More likely to do negative splits or large intervals instead of shorter speed work intervals. Lately it's been more about getting to the gym on time and just getting something in as I have a very small window of time in the AM before I have to get on the road to commute to work.

I pity you poor people who have to get up at 5am to go to the gym..... Ah, the joys of retirement....sleeping in, well, as long as the cat will let me. ;)

RunningKoen

I pity you poor people who have to get up at 5am to go to the gym..... Ah, the joys of retirement....sleeping in, well, as long as the cat will let me. ;)

I'm not the type to ever retire. I'm sick at home for three days (a slight cold that has been luring for weeks finally turned into a 'you-cant-try-to-work-anymore' kind of cold) and I'm anxious to still do slight pieces of work.

Sounds like you need a good bike playlist...

I do, it's the only thing that gets me through those 60 minutes. I dislike biking a lot, but its the best way to work on my condition without putting to much pressure on muscles or shins. I can't run too often or long during a week so I have to train smarter. Preventing a shin split :)

Besides: it's better to have that boring stationary bike. I'm not there to make miles, but to train on giving a constant output, condition/heart rate wise. Indoor machine's are the best to track and monitor that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom