Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Winter

In terms of "thrills" at WDW - they are on the higher-end. In terms of general theme park ride thrills (i.e. non-Disney) they really middle-range, if one end is a traditional carousel and the other end is a sky-scraper sized thrill coaster.

For comparison, my mom gets sick on a Wild Mouse-style coaster, and resisted RnR for years. BTM is too rough for her. When she finally said "WTH..." and went on RnR, when it was over (and it's a short ride, less than 2 minutes) she asked - "Did we really go upside down?"

ToT is what it is - you can pretty much see it. Unless you really get sick off of up and down motion, it's worth a try at least once.
Serisualy? So it's not even that bad?

trainplane3

Serisualy? So it's not even that bad?
Personally, no. RnRC isn't a very intense ride. Once you're past the launch and initial inversion it just feels like a bunch of random turns with a corkscrew at one point. It's not a very forceful ride and just kinda floats around.
Here's a ride with the nearly same exact layout (lacks the amount of blocks RnRC has) as RnRC, just outside:

RnRC:

Last edited:

matt9112

Personally, no. RnRC isn't a very intense ride. Once you're past the launch and initial inversion it just feels like a bunch of random turns with a corkscrew at one point. It's not a very forceful ride and just kinda floats around.
Here's a ride with the nearly same exact layout (lacks the amount of blocks RnRC has) as RnRC, just outside:

RnRC:

do you mean block brakes?

HauntedMansionFLA

By Muppets

Attachments

• 8443AD96-7928-4650-9708-E94D16BDAAA6.jpeg
    8443AD96-7928-4650-9708-E94D16BDAAA6.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 177

matt9112

Yep! Block, block brakes means the same to me. RnRC has 2 (block) brake runs on the course and 2 (blocks) on the final brake run vs Xpress's 1 on the course and 1 on the final brake run. This lets them pull off a 5 train operation vs Xpress's 2 train.

I thought so butg wanted to be sure hahah

Boek68

"Blocks" on coasters are designated sections of the track that only one ride vehicle can occupy at a time. These are usually separated by block brakes but are also split by station brakes and lift/launch sections. This ensures if a ride vehicle stops for any reason the the ride vehicle behind it has a safe place to stop before colliding with the stalled unit.

Thats all for today class.

sedati

A great new aerial from Bioreconstruct where I see all along the wall to the left are vertical steel beams and horizontal "toothpicks," a sure sign that will be a wall of rockwork.
DNvohN6X0AE20m4.jpg:large

So, much like Disneyland we can see the two small buildings (bottom center) that connect to Battle Escape, but in a different configuration here. The larger third space just below the tunnel I believe will be filled in and trees planted creating the hill over and around the tunnel entrance.

Winter

A great new aerial from Bioreconstruct where I see all along the wall to the left are vertical steel beams and horizontal "toothpicks," a sure sign that will be a wall of rockwork.

So, much like Disneyland we can see the two small buildings (bottom center) that connect to Battle Escape, but in a different configuration here. The larger third space just below the tunnel I believe will be filled in and trees planted creating the hill over and around the tunnel entrance.
Wait hold on, is that people walking in the grand avenue or whatever it's called? They opened that?! Wow, I didn't even hear anything of it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

That's pretty much all correct.

sedati

I'm not trying to make anything of this other than to point out how the two versions of Galaxy's Edge are not being built in matching order. The steel for an exterior stair that can be seen jutting out of the back of the Battle Escape building only went up last week in California. So, at least in that respect, Orlando is in no ways behind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom