Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

AEfx

The 'free range characters' will probably have the same life span as the pirates and wenches that briefly roamed around POC :(

I think people are really off the mark on this one for myriad reasons.

Chief among them, they are going to have an unspeakably unprecedented amount of people coming just for Star Wars, and they will need to be entertained. It's also an excellent merchandising opportunity - what better way to "display" props or costume items that the kids (and adults...) will want to rush into the stores and buy right after.

c-one

limo_2.jpg

c-one

It's worth walking through the Rock n Roller Coaster queue to get that dose of Studios mythology. Do it when the line is short since the outdoor queue is the literal worst, and the indoor part isn't much better. (I never understood why they didn't use the indoor switchbacks, which are still boring but at least have marginally interesting vintage gear to look at.) But the "launch room" is what you see up there and you get a great look at it from the end of the queue area, and yes, the ride begins with the launch right into one of those classic art deco tunnels. That room is one of my favorite themed parts of the park, lots of fun detail and a very urban-LA vibe. Kind of a weird outlier bordered by a cheap queue and a cheap ride experience.

Winter

It's worth walking through the Rock n Roller Coaster queue to get that dose of Studios mythology. Do it when the line is short since the outdoor queue is the literal worst, and the indoor part isn't much better. (I never understood why they didn't use the indoor switchbacks, which are still boring but at least have marginally interesting vintage gear to look at.) But the "launch room" is what you see up there and you get a great look at it from the end of the queue area, and yes, the ride begins with the launch right into one of those classic art deco tunnels. That room is one of my favorite themed parts of the park, lots of fun detail and a very urban-LA vibe. Kind of a weird outlier bordered by a cheap queue and a cheap ride experience.
At this point if I was ever at Hollywood Studios, I'd probably just go on Rock n Roller Coaster and The Tower of Terror just because there isn't much else to do anyway. I never went on them because I don't like rides that are too much of a thrill and I don't really know how much of that they would be, but the only other rides left are Star Tours and Toy Story Mania now (There's still a few other shows I guess, but even then there's not very much). I don't think that would happen anyway until Toy Story Land opens, but still.

AEfx

At this point if I was ever at Hollywood Studios, I'd probably just go on Rock n Roller Coaster and The Tower of Terror just because there isn't much else to do anyway. I never went on them because I don't like rides that are too much of a thrill and I don't really know how much of that they would be, but the only other rides left are Star Tours and Toy Story Mania now (There's still a few other shows I guess, but even then there's not very much). I don't think that would happen anyway until Toy Story Land opens, but still.

In terms of "thrills" at WDW - they are on the higher-end. In terms of general theme park ride thrills (i.e. non-Disney) they really middle-range, if one end is a traditional carousel and the other end is a sky-scraper sized thrill coaster.

For comparison, my mom gets sick on a Wild Mouse-style coaster, and resisted RnR for years. BTM is too rough for her. When she finally said "WTH..." and went on RnR, when it was over (and it's a short ride, less than 2 minutes) she asked - "Did we really go upside down?"

ToT is what it is - you can pretty much see it. Unless you really get sick off of up and down motion, it's worth a try at least once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom