News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
What the hell trains are you guys riding. I have never seen anything dreadful or smelled anything bad on any of the trains, that were inherently just a monorail problem, I have ever ridden. Is this an imaginary thing? And if you are going to include pictures to prove a point be sure that it isn't a pile of junk left on there by another guest. Disney has time to clean everything at night, not while they are running and slob guests leave their calling cards.

There have been plenty of pictures posted here showing the problems with the interiors.

Goofyernmost

There have been plenty of pictures posted here showing the problems with the interiors.
Never seen one that wasn't attributed to some bone head guest move. It always seemed to me to be the idea that people think that there is a clean up fairy hovering next to the ceiling that should be swooping down and cleaning up the messes left by classless guests. What is the problem? Upholstery torn? Plastic broken? Windows broken?

You know the smell that everyone seems to worship when walking into MK. You know the one of popcorn. That makes me ill, but, you don't hear me complaining about it every chance I get. The smells on the Monorail trigger the memories that I have had of monorails since my first ride in 1983. What do they think? That people stand and pee on the walls when they get into the train? Or perhaps that they should apply deodorant before riding the rails. Disinfecting chemicals are what I smell. Are they pleasant? In a way they are because then I know they are cleaning them regularly. The rest of you can continue on with your conspiracy and lack of maintenance scenario's forever, that is not what is happening.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Why are you always so insufferably ignorant on so much that happens at WDW? It must be so damn nice to live in a world of stupid delusion. The disgusting state the WDW monorail system is in has been well document by members of this forum, with photographic evidence. If you continue to chose not to believe them, that's on you. But the proof IS readily available.
Many of the members of this forum have never been in the real world. If they were they would be able to identify the difference. So if you want to talk insufferably ignorant in a world of stupid delusion look no further then your mirror. Lots of incorrect information is "well documented". That isn't proof that is opinion. My proof is not from what a few have said, it is from what I have personally witnessed.

bclane

The odor that bugs me on the monorails is that musty diaper smell that seems to be ever present. But I still love riding them and we often do the trip to Epcot just to look for deer and bunnies.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Never seen one that wasn't attributed to some bone head guest move. It always seemed to me to be the idea that people think that there is a clean up fairy hovering next to the ceiling that should be swooping down and cleaning up the messes left by classless guests. What is the problem? Apolstry torn? Plastic broken? Windows broken?

You know the smell that everyone seems to worship when walking into MK. You know the one of popcorn. That makes me ill, but, you don't hear me complaining about it every chance I get. The smells on the Monorail trigger the memories that I have had of monorails since my first ride in 1983. What do they think? That people stand and pee on the walls when they get into the train? Or perhaps that they should apply deodorant before riding the rails. Disinfecting chemicals are what I smell. Are they pleasant? In a way they are because then I know they are cleaning them regularly. The rest of you can continue on with your conspiracy and lack of maintenance scenario's forever, that is not what is happening.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/appalling-state-of-the-monorail-cabins.877123/

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...e-monorail-cabins.877123/page-20#post-5818879

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...e-monorail-cabins.877123/page-34#post-6634983

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...e-monorail-cabins.877123/page-34#post-6635103

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...e-monorail-cabins.877123/page-42#post-6639872

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...e-monorail-cabins.877123/page-42#post-6639876

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...l-being-evacuated.928130/page-41#post-7812836

Pixieish

Got anything newer then 2015? And I'm not talking about an AC cover that happened to fall from it's location during the day!

Then you my friend have never been inside a livestock barn or you have a very faulty Olfactory receptors.

They definitely have their own distinct aroma...I wouldn't say urine, diapers, or a barn (which, by the way, when livestock is properly cared for, smell like clean hay and animals)...

Likely the unpleasantness to the aroma is the human oils left on surfaces and absorbed by fabric over time. Yeah, you can clean surfaces and deep clean upholstery, but sweaty bodies leave a smell. There's not much you can really do about it. Not to mention stuff that's surely spilled and gone into spots that are impossible to reach, etc. etc.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Pixieish

I don't mean to discredit the complaints about the poor condition of the monorail cabins because I've seen the reports, but somehow, I've been fortunate enough to never have ridden in a cabin that's in poor shape. It must just be dumb luck.
We've been pretty fortunate too. I will say that it really bothers me how some people treat things - like the monorail, or the queue areas - that they supposedly enjoy. (Writing on things, purposely peeling decals, etc. etc.)

JoeCamel

I don't mean to discredit the complaints about the poor condition of the monorail cabins because I've seen the reports, but somehow, I've been fortunate enough to never have ridden in a cabin that's in poor shape. It must just be dumb luck.
You were either lucky or an infrequent traveler. Try riding almost every day for a couple of years and you will understand the sorry state of the system. Be sure to bring your memories of the late 70's and early 80's for a fair comparison.

But how about those gondolas? I am sure with the ventilation rather than the AC (which stinks) they will be smelling sweet for many years.

GeneralKnowledge

You were either lucky or an infrequent traveler. Try riding almost every day for a couple of years and you will understand the sorry state of the system. Be sure to bring your memories of the late 70's and early 80's for a fair comparison.

But how about those gondolas? I am sure with the ventilation rather than the AC (which stinks) they will be smelling sweet for many years.

I believe it. The pictures speak for themselves

jt04

Probably shouldn't challenge people who have actual knowledge of future plans.

As informed as he is he doesn't know all future additions. There are future Disney CEOs and Imagineers not even born yet. I am betting future tech will be installed that serves the same function as the recent park to park bus trials.

Bender123

Last trip was in July and the wear and tear was pretty awful...From the ground, they look OK, but when you are waiting on a platform the chipped paint, damaged "accordion" covers, dents, gashes and other damage are almost too obvious. The inside of the cabins, though I have no doubt Disney cleans them, has almost 30 years of built up sweat, gunk and funk. No amount of cleaning will get that amount of grime out. Just look ant any carpet that gets traffic at an office and, with much less traffic, it gets worn out...

Disney needs to start a plan to replace the entire fleet or one by one strip them to the frames and rebuild them. They are just too much a part of the WDW experience to allow the most iconic Disney transportation system to look lie a city bus line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom