News Exploratory geotechnical borings for new Epcot retention pond suggest new projects are in the works

GlacierGlacier

I don't see them making an ecpot hotel with IP at the entrance. The only heavily IP-centric resorts are Value resorts. With such important real-estate of that area, I highly doubt it's gonna be a value or even a moderate resort.

Kamikaze

I don't see them making an ecpot hotel with IP at the entrance. The only heavily IP-centric resorts are Value resorts. With such important real-estate of that area, I highly doubt it's gonna be a value or even a moderate resort.

The Star Wars Starship says hello. Its going to be adjacent to DHS (or whatever its called by then) and be a hyper-themed IP resort. Therefore, you can't make the assumption that this isn't going to be one, since it will be adjacent to Epcot at the very least and possibly integrated into the park in some way.

I don't think it will be an IP resort, but you can't dismiss it out of hand.

seascape

I have a question. Orlando Informer is reporting Disney may build an immersive Captain America Hotel in Disneyland. Now Universal owns exclusive theme park rights to Captain America but would that prevent Disney form making the Epcot resort an immersive Captain America Resort if they left the Marvel name off It? Universal can't use the characters outside of the park so what would prevent Disney from using them?

surfsupdon

If a new Epcot Resort pops up in this area...this will be THE premium resort for runDisney weekends.

Most runs begin nearby, so no transportation is needed. Walk right over to the staging area!

GCTales

I have a question. Orlando Informer is reporting Disney may build an immersive Captain America Hotel in Disneyland. Now Universal owns exclusive theme park rights to Captain America but would that prevent Disney form making the Epcot resort an immersive Captain America Resort if they left the Marvel name off It? Universal can't use the characters outside of the park so what would prevent Disney from using them?
My understanding (someone will correct if I am wrong) is that the marvel ban only applies east of the Mississippi in the US... So Cap and other Marvel characters can be used in DL.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
My understanding (someone will correct if I am wrong) is that the marvel ban only applies east of the Mississippi in the US... So Cap and other Marvel characters can be used in DL.

I believe the clarification requested was if the Marvel contract stipulation applies to the entire property (meaning that they could not build a hotel themed to a Marvel property) or if the stipulation only applies to the theme parks themself (meaning a Marvel themed hotel could be possible). A hotel themed to the Avengers HQ tower would be quite a sight...

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I believe the clarification requested was if the Marvel contract stipulation applies to the entire property (meaning that they could not build a hotel themed to a Marvel property) or if the stipulation only applies to the theme parks themself (meaning a Marvel themed hotel could be possible). A hotel themed to the Avengers HQ tower would be quite a sight...

Well they certainly have put an avengers wrap on the MK monorails. I know they can’t do it on the EPCOT monorail because it goes in the park.

I think as long as it isn’t in the confines of the actual park, they can use it. Of course, I’m not a lawyer.

nickys

Premium Member

The flagship hotel right at the entrance to Disneyland Paris is being transformed into a Marvel theme. A great pity imo, (I really want to stay there at least once), but it's happening. So as much as I hope you're right, I wouldn't put money on it.

peter11435

The flagship hotel right at the entrance to Disneyland Paris is being transformed into a Marvel theme. A great pity imo, (I really want to stay there at least once), but it's happening. So as much as I hope you're right, I wouldn't put money on it.
Incorrect. The Disneyland Hotel is not being touched. The Hotel New York which is neither at the entrance to disneyland or their flagship hotel is the one being converted to a Marvel resort.

nickys

Premium Member
Incorrect. The Disneyland Hotel is not being touched. The Hotel New York which is neither at the entrance to disneyland or their flagship hotel is the one being converted to a Marvel resort.

Ah, OK. I stand corrected. It's still the one I want to stay at though, it's the one with the ice rink in the front of it during winter, at least I think it is lol! So I'm still annoyed ;)

PorterRedkey

I am not sure where in the article you think it states that DLR is getting a Cap themed hotel. The article talks about 2 different things.
1 - a Captain America themed attraction possible for DCA's "Marvel Land"
2 - a new 350-room, boutique hotel that is being built on the tennis courts in the Dolphin/Swan area (now confirmed by the Orlando Sentinal)

It seems like you may have conflated the two.
https://orlandoinformer.com/blog/disney-captain-ameria-experience-new-boutique-hotel/

EDIT: Hotel is not confirmed in the Orlando Sentinal. The article seems to have been changed (discussed here).

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I have read the contract a number of time and it still seems to be a grey area to me. If Disney was free to do stuff in the resorts I am not sure why they haven't taken advantage of that yet by build M&G's or character meals with the Marvel characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom