The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Dang this would be nice if this all works out. Taking a deep breath for you and praying the Grand Poobah's of the school district just let this go through and happen for your son. *sending good Karma your way* Dear Lord you are due for something to go right.
Thank you. We have to do it without the district because they won't sign off on it. They say they have a suitable option in one of their schools...if we don't use it, then we're on our own. It's fine...we just use the loophole and go in the back door, so to speak.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What kingdom do you live in? I've had a crown.. not a lick of gold to be found. And if there is, I'm going to be talking with my dentist about returning the "crown" that they removed with the rest of the tooth after an abscess formed.;):)

Source: Colgate (toothpaste) Oral Care Center --

GOLD CROWNS
Though it's called a gold crown, it's actually a combination of gold, copper and other metals. Besides the obvious unique smile you'll have after completion, a gold tooth crown provides many positive benefits as noted by the American Dental Association:
  • Seals well to prevent leakage and recurrent tooth decay.
  • Highly resistant to corrosion, fracture and wear due to its strength.
  • Minimal amount of healthy tooth removal is necessary due to the strength of the metals.
  • Very resistant to wear while gentle to adjacent teeth.
  • Extremely fracture-resistant.
  • High tolerance of biocompatibility.
HISTORY OF GOLD CROWNS
Constructing crowns from gold dates back as far as 4,000 years ago in Southeast Asia, according to an academic paper titled "Gold Work, Filing and Blackened Teeth: Dental Modifications in Luzon." Modifying teeth, be it gold, blackening or filing, was a method of beautification.

In Luzon, an island in the Philippines, the earliest traces of gold teeth were found between the fourteenth and fifteenth century. Gold teeth were also discovered when the Spaniards colonized the Philippines in 1571, though the Spaniards did not approve of the practice.

The study concludes that gold teeth resulted as a sign of social distinction for chiefs and the political ruling class of Southeast Asia. The appearance of gold teeth symbolizes wealth, power and status. They're commonly found in the mouths of famous athletes and musicians today.

Whether you have a crown, a gold tooth crown or you haven't had any major dental work, keeping your teeth and gums healthy should be a priority. That means scheduling regular check-ups with your dentist. He or she is a great source for information, such as proper brushing technique or how to identify the onset of gingivitis. The rest is left up to you. Be diligent with your daily routine. That means brushing at least twice each day, flossing and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash like Colgate Total® Mouthwash for Gum Health. Even though gold crowns may look cool, take care of your teeth and you won't need a crown at all.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wish that was an option. I just got home an hour ago. The good news is my pantry, fridge and freezers are full, my dh, James and i all got our hairs cut(not at the same place), the printer has been replaced, I got the last gift for my dh, James got some sort of clothing, did some mall walking, went to the library. Everybody has been fed, I'm wiped out and broke. Now if you read that you can count it as today's workout:confused:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes, that was the more appropriate answer. Figgy is a bad influence on me at times. I start believing that veggies might have some value. (Usually, I'll then smack myself on the side of the head, to snap out of my stupor.) But I started to think about the sweetness of carrot cake, and briefly stepped over to the dark side. :eek:.
This is better. This was a pic my DS texted to me around 5 years ago of The Carrot Cake Cookie from the Writer's Shop at the studios. His version of veggies with his dinner.

6212606370_47b0e8c756.jpg

It was at the Writers Shop, Now moved onto the Cauldron. And of course it is somewhat smaller too.

Goofyernmost

Source: Colgate (toothpaste) Oral Care Center --

GOLD CROWNS
Though it's called a gold crown, it's actually a combination of gold, copper and other metals. Besides the obvious unique smile you'll have after completion, a gold tooth crown provides many positive benefits as noted by the American Dental Association:
  • Seals well to prevent leakage and recurrent tooth decay.
  • Highly resistant to corrosion, fracture and wear due to its strength.
  • Minimal amount of healthy tooth removal is necessary due to the strength of the metals.
  • Very resistant to wear while gentle to adjacent teeth.
  • Extremely fracture-resistant.
  • High tolerance of biocompatibility.
HISTORY OF GOLD CROWNS
Constructing crowns from gold dates back as far as 4,000 years ago in Southeast Asia, according to an academic paper titled "Gold Work, Filing and Blackened Teeth: Dental Modifications in Luzon." Modifying teeth, be it gold, blackening or filing, was a method of beautification.

In Luzon, an island in the Philippines, the earliest traces of gold teeth were found between the fourteenth and fifteenth century. Gold teeth were also discovered when the Spaniards colonized the Philippines in 1571, though the Spaniards did not approve of the practice.

The study concludes that gold teeth resulted as a sign of social distinction for chiefs and the political ruling class of Southeast Asia. The appearance of gold teeth symbolizes wealth, power and status. They're commonly found in the mouths of famous athletes and musicians today.

Whether you have a crown, a gold tooth crown or you haven't had any major dental work, keeping your teeth and gums healthy should be a priority. That means scheduling regular check-ups with your dentist. He or she is a great source for information, such as proper brushing technique or how to identify the onset of gingivitis. The rest is left up to you. Be diligent with your daily routine. That means brushing at least twice each day, flossing and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash like Colgate Total® Mouthwash for Gum Health. Even though gold crowns may look cool, take care of your teeth and you won't need a crown at all.
OK, I see what your are talking about now. My wife had a "gold cap". However, unless you are after the bling look that has fallen out of favor for just pure white, probably plastic/enamel caps that are still referred to as "crowns".

I have taken care of my teeth and until recently never have had more then two cavities in over 60 years. The first one broke when I accidentally bit into a brass screw that was embedded in a McDonalds Quarter Pounder. I had it repaired with resin and black light and lasted for over twenty years before I bit into something hard again and it let go. After the abscess they had to take that entire tooth out because of the infection. Then less then a year later I again bit into something harder then enamel (something that every dentist told me I would never have to worry about because my enamel was so hard) and that one, exactly opposite of the first one, split right into below the gum line and that had to be removed. However, other then that I have had no problem from decay due to neglect. It comes under the category of "crap happens".

PS. the original two cavities happened when I was 21 years old. I was in the Air Force and went for a regular cleaning and the, I assume, dentist told me I had two cavities. They were in two teeth opposite each other on the top row of my mouth. (see above) Every dentist I have seen since then said that it was very unlikely that I actually had cavities there but that the military dentist needed the practice and if nothing else we were all basically Uncle Sam's Guinea Pigs.

MySmallWorldof4

I don't envy you, both my boys could open to close commando Hershey before the age of 3.:joyfull:
Well, we definitely didn't close out the park. Not even close. It was supposed to have been over 70 degrees by the time we were planning on arriving at 1pm. It never got past 64. :banghead::banghead:There was a colder breeze, lots of people, and lots of the rides for younger kids were not running. It is not a park like at Disney where lots of the rides are family rides when you have large age differences DH and I were cynically joking that we spent $189 to walk our lunch off.:rolleyes: We waited 40 minutes just to go on the Tilt-A-Whirl. We did have a great lunch though at a restaurant called The Chocolate Grille. :)They have a new veggie burger, a beet burger. It was so yummy. :hungry:I tried to get the recipe. All the waitress could tell me was that the main ingredients were beets, carrots, and peas. No pics, sorry @figmentfan423.

MySmallWorldof4

What site? Disney movies anywwhere or another third party website?
It's becoming Movies Anywhere. I signed up yesterday. It will play the Disney movies that were in the Disney Movies Anywhere account plus Universal, Sony, and some others. I actually am not sure if this is run by Disney. Maybe this has something to do with their breaking from Netflix and a start toward their upcoming streaming service?

MySmallWorldof4

eeeh!, thanks for the vote of confidence!. But like all companies.. they probably prioritize people who already have worked for them and that have managerial experience in their records.

No biggie, I made a similar request using another company, lets see what happens. (using the official DCL Mexico recruitment company)
Good luck!!

Since Disney Movies Anywhere is closing, I guess I have create the new account.

Reading the comments on Yahoo about this makes me doubt the sanity of most people.
Yes, the ones who comment on Yahoo are not the brightest.
Dear Lord! That rain.
pooh_rain.gif
"The rain, rain, rain, came down, down, down".:inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom