News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

RSoxNo1

Honestly with all the talk of new rides coming to Epcot when we go from Epcot '94 to Epcot 2021 when Guardians is expected to open there will be a net gain of 1 ride, maybe 2 if the UK attraction is open by then.

1994:
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Horizons
  • Universe of Energy
  • World of Motion
  • Body Wars
  • The Living Seas/Seacabs
  • Living With the Land
  • Journey Into Imagination
  • El Rio Del Tiempo
  • Maelstrom
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Mission: SPACE
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster
  • Test Track
  • The Seas With Nemo and Friends
  • Living with the Land
  • Soarin'
  • Jouney Into Imagination With Figment
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Ratatouille
  • UK Attraction

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Honestly with all the talk of new rides coming to Epcot when we go from Epcot '94 to Epcot 2021 when Guardians is expected to open there will be a net gain of 1 ride, maybe 2 if the UK attraction is open by then.

1994:
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Horizons
  • Universe of Energy
  • World of Motion
  • Body Wars
  • Living With the Land
  • El Rio Del Tiempo
  • Maelstrom
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • Living with the Land
  • Soarin'
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Ratatouille
  • UK Attraction
It's worse if you factor in attractions - i.e. Those entertainment options you have to wait to experience.

The Empress Lilly

1994:
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Horizons
  • Universe of Energy
  • World of Motion
  • Body Wars
  • Living With the Land
  • El Rio Del Tiempo
  • Maelstrom
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • Living with the Land
  • Soarin'
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Ratatouille
  • UK Attraction
That's always sobering. Years of 'expansion' (TWDC newspeak for repurposing) usually don't leave an area with more attractions.

Only DAK has more attractions now than twenty or ten years ago, the other three parks and water parks have less offerings. (Except TL, but that will never recover from the closure of Shark Reef. And even DAK barely, considering the closure of Pocahontas, the Riverboats, and empty enclosures)

For EPCOT, the result is even more bleak if you add in non-rides. From KK/FR to CC/Innoventions to an actual Imageworks to the attractions of WoL. And closures everywhere too.
Ipcot21 will still have less attractions than EPCOT Center, and not only quantity but quality remains to be seen - so far EPCOT's track record is one of consistent downgrades.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Not exactly.

False for Brazil.

As it stands the favoured version has no attraction. That includes film.

I can't quite bring myself to "like" these posts given the message they convey, yet I should "like" them for confirming what we hoped wasn't true but kind of knew anyway! :( Thanks anyway @marni1971

What is one supposed to do in this situation? ;) Have I have reached the ultimate level of first world problems, or maybe the afternoon is just dragging?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can't quite bring myself to "like" these posts given the message they convey, yet I should "like" them for confirming what we hoped wasn't true but kind of knew anyway! :( Thanks anyway @marni1971

What is one supposed to do in this situation? ;) Have I have reached the ultimate level of first world problems, or maybe the afternoon is just dragging?
Things could change. I hope they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom