The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
{{HUGS}} I think back over the years with my ds and remember the waiting periods were some of the roughest so vent away when you need to.

I so agree with this. My DD was nonverbal. And when she was verbal it was usually so indistinguishable it sounded like very soft noises. She entered the school system at 3 years old and it was uphill advocating for the correct IEPs for her. By 7 they did an individual IQ test on her and she was already in the gifted numbers IQ wise. But the IEPs were conflicting One for Gifted and one for his disability. So even when all the data is in getting everyone on the same page with the IEPs was difficult and something I had to watch and advocate on her behalf. It was a long 10 years of all that.

Gabe1

It's getting warmer, over the week-end. Yea!

Currently 58. :cold: I'm not dressed for 58. Warm by day, cold by evening. Still it is better than the 90s of last week. A few days of the 70's have been kinda nice but the HEAT is coming back in a few days and the Midwest weather projections are for the temps to be high for the majority of October. Better than Snow. :)

Gabe1

Honestly, in brands like HP and Dell. You pay what you get.

So the cheaper they are, the more unreliable they will be.
I always bought Dell XPS laptops for example.. and never had issues and lasted me for years.

For desktops I usually prefer to just build my own.

My first 2 laptops were Dell and they were workhorses. Last one the quality slipped and was nothing but trouble and it died quickly as did both of my kids last Dells and their customer service was equal to that of cable providers in the end. My DS now has a tablet for work with a keyboard and it docks at work to a full sized keyboard. It took him a while to get use to but loves it now and it is loaded with all sorts of programs. His personal one is an iPad and has an iPhone

DD has an apple notebook, iPad and iPhone. Her work laptop is a very high end HP laptop, it too docks and has an additional monitor and a full sized keyboard that attaches. That HP is heavily used and keeps on going. Her last one did too until it met an untimely death of unnatural causes. Me I have an acer laptop with a touch screen and I love the zoom touch screen. I also have a Microsoft mini tablet that is troublefree, an iPad and my iPhone.

We have a lot of electronics come to think of it. :rolleyes:

Gabe1

I like both, and together too!:hungry:

^^^
and topped with a little bit of sea salt.

Chocolate%2BCaramel%2Bwith%2BSea%2BSalt.jpg

Gabe1

I have had both and no problems with either. But last year I bit the bullet and splurged on a Mac!! Never going back. The Mac is wonderful!

DD has no say in her work laptop but she is never going back for her own, she loves her apple notebook. She bought that her sophomore year of college when her Dell that she bought for college, high end gave her nothing but grief. She just loves her notebook.

Songbird76

I knew what was going to cause my Dad to die. He had a blood clot in his heart that they couldn't break down and actually kept getting larger and had bouts of it cutting off the oxegyn levels and he'd go bazauko and talk gibberish, rip out tubes etc. Came more frequently as the clot grew. Me, ultimately saying just let him go this next time....:(

I say this only 'cause I was out to dinner with my cousin the host of his parents 90th Birthdays and 60th Anniversay about 20 people. I took my Mom since she doesn't drive at night. Host sis, that lives in Ohio now asks my Mom what my Dad died of. My Mom answers MRSA. o_O I looked at her and said as nicely as I could in a fancy restaurant 'not so much' he had an infection but certainly not what got my Dad in the end. Mom starts spewing all these things from the infection that lead to my Dads death, ewe (fancy restaurant-celebration) Shortly there after Mom goes off to the Restroom. I look across he table at my cousin and psst...he had a huge blood clot in his heart, it wasn't MRSA that got him. Cousin surprised, could tell she was confused. I explained that she needed at this point in my Moms life...smile and nod and pretty much know that the 'stories' she tell maybe fiction these days.

I say this 'cause just because you are told what someone passed away from doesn't always mean that was really what made them pass in reality.
Yeah, well with my dad, because he was so old, they didn't bother looking at the actual cause beyond "It was a natural death". I understand that on the one hand, but from a medical history perspective, sometimes it's good to know what caused it. I'm betting it was probably a stroke since he had had a few of those, but I'll never know for sure.

MySmallWorldof4

Currently 58. :cold: I'm not dressed for 58. Warm by day, cold by evening. Still it is better than the 90s of last week. A few days of the 70's have been kinda nice but the HEAT is coming back in a few days and the Midwest weather projections are for the temps to be high for the majority of October. Better than Snow. :)
53 here right now. We are expecting mostly upper 60's and low 70's for the next few weeks. I did catch a 50 in there in the month long forecast though. I just hope for Halloween it will be sunny and warm(fat chance). Walking around the neighborhood in the cold and up and down the long driveways is not my idea of fun. I did try to bribe little dd6 that I would just by her candy, but she said no. At least I didn't have to buy a new costume. :)She is wearing oldest dd's Cinderella wedding gown that we got 10 years ago at the Disney Outlet in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom