Bringing your own food to the food court!!

Tony the Tigger

Love it! Why is this not the toaster in DVC rooms?!

My guess is that's the $300 one.

I kept seeing this at CVS around Christmas time, and almost bought it. Finally went back for it after the holidays, and they were gone.

They imprint Mickey's face on your toast!

Totally doesn't match anything in the house. Gotta get one. I see them now from $17 at (ack!) Walmart on line to a little higher at many other stores.

Last edited:
Now that Iger knows people are freeloading on the condiments, expect them to be put behind glass and handed out ONLY to paying customers...

That's the problem with freeloaders: They spoil things for decent people. Of course all those items are for paying customers. The toaster and microwave are there to heat cold or frozen items and for heating leftovers bought in the same food court. Freeloading, probably, was one of the things that made Disney implement the smart rapid fill mugs and many other actions to prevent wasting and add up on the profit account.

At Disneyland Paris hotels it was common to get a breakfast buffet included in your daily rate! Even if you stayed in a cabin, you could go to the main building and pick-up your breakfast bag which was included. It was so practicle and elegant. You would just come down from your room, go straight to one of the hotel's restaurants with a breakfast ticket (which had an especific time you previously selected), show it at the door, chose whatever was on the buffet, enjoy yourself in the company of family and friends. They were all-you-care-to-eat buffets.

But more than a year ago this breakfast included policy was terminated by Disney. I'm sure the decision was partially made because in the value resorts, Disney's Hotel Santa Fe and Disney's Hotel Cheyenne, guest would get into the buffet restaurants, eat as much as they wanted and load their bags with croissants, jam packets, butter packets, cookies, crackers and even yogurt. It was done by many many many guests! I don't even know if cast members ever tried to stop them. Perhaps management felt it was too much trouble to reinforce the policy.

I know the European currency is worth more than the American Dollar and things in Europe tend to be more expensive than in the USA and Canada. But that doesn't give the guest the right to load whole bags with Disney breakfast food. So now, Disneyland Paris Hotels rates are what they always were - expensive - and you have to pay more for breakfast in your hotel. Only club level and suites get breakfast included.

Agree, that is kind of overboard. I've never really noticed it. But probably because I haven't been looking out for it. If a saw a few people doing that I don't think it would impact me one way or the other.

But...I would start having a big problem with it if I walked into the food court to order food and found I couldn't find a table due to everyone already seated eating food that was obviously brought from home. Don't think it'll ever get that extreme though...but with Disney's continual price increases...you never know.

Before people who bring food from home get all the tables, Disney will probably remove the microwave and toasters from the food courts at Value Resorts. Which would be a pity for I've even seen moms heating baby formulas in the microwaves. I'm not sure one can find toasters and microwaves at free range in moderate and deluxe resorts restaurants.

It's actually normal and that is what they are there for. Disney is aware, as are the CM's, that people bring food from grocery stores to eat in their rooms - hence grocery delivery. That is also why toasters and microwaves are provided in the quick service areas of most resorts, so people don't buy cheap toasters at stores for their rooms and start fires. We used to bring microwave popcorn in our luggage and go pop it in the Wilderness Lodge Roaring Forks - one CM told me you can buy them there, but they cost way more. Used salt from the condiments, that's why it's there, for people to use. On whatever. Condiments for toast and such is also for that purpose - a service Disney offers resort guests to use that is included..... for now.

Why are we just talking if it is or it is not allowed by Disney? Shouldn't we just write them and ask?

We are one of those people. We bring our own food and on occasion use the condiments and toasters in the morning. You are talking pennies here, after spending the kind of inflated prices Disney charges for their parks, I don't see a problem using a dollar worth of some condiments during our entire stay. They will get my money someway.

Disney minds pennies. The moment the stealing of condiments gets big and/ or food from outside prevent food courts and restaurants from making more money, Disney will fight it. The same way they prevent us from bringing coolers into the theme parks. They are testing new liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers at a few resorts because they want to save on the Disney H2O+ toiletries which only cost cents to them! Disney will eventually remove all carpeting from their resorts rooms and replace it with hard floors to save on cleaning. By the way, I loved that move because hard floors are SO MUCH MORE sanitary than carpeting. So, it's cleaner for me and Disney makes a few more bucks. Better than that only if Disney shared with the guests whatever amounts they save. But that isn't happening, whatever they make goes to the executives bonus and shareholders.

I think if you are stopping by the store or getting a delivery of food, you can just as easy add a bottle of jelly to your order so you don't need to take the ones from the food court, its only a couple of bucks.

That's what a decent and balanced human being like you and me would think. But not the freeloaders.

Agreed. They advertise the microwaves and toasters as available in brochures etc. Especially for planning pages for those bringing babies who ask where they can heat up bottles etc.

I have never seen any Disney advertising promoting the use of microwave and toasters in their food courts for everybody, except in a mother-baby situation. Can you, please, scan some?

Good sir, while I appreciate you enjoying my subtle humor, for future reference, make sure to click the multi quote button on each post so you can reply to each one in one, giant post yourself. That way it doesnt come off as being too spammy.

Oh, thank you. I did see the +quote button, but didn't know what it was for. I should have read the instructions I guess. I haven't been here for long. Sorry. I'm going to stop my spamming on this subject.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Oh, thank you. I did see the +quote button, but didn't know what it was for. I should have read the instructions I guess. I haven't been here for long. Sorry. I'm going to stop my spamming on this subject.

It is all good, and by all means you are allowed to continue to post on here.

nickys

Premium Member
Before people who bring food from home get all the tables, Disney will probably remove the microwave and toasters from the food courts at Value Resorts. Which would be a pity for I've even seen moms heating baby formulas in the microwaves. I'm not sure one can find toasters and microwaves at free range in moderate and deluxe resorts restaurants.

They do have them at deluxe resorts!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom