Bringing your own food to the food court!!

ToTBellHop

Does anyone realize how many guests are from other countries? They might not be used to our types of food, they might be Indian where cows are SACRED and they might not want to eat the fries because, well one example is when McDonald's revealed their french fries had beef flavoring in them. (They don't any more).
Anyways, WHOOOO CARES. Other people doing Disney their own way, bothers you and inconveniences you and makes you soooo upset...ooh they're sitting in your chairs....If you let people bother you like this on the reg, how are you like, still alive? HAHAHHAHAHAA. Ew to most of you....be happy....holey crap. But thanks for making me laugh at all, or most of you.
So called "rich," people barely come to Disney World....and when they do, you'll NEVER set eyes on them. They stay outside the parks at MUCH nicer hotels, like $4,000 a night hotels...."The Disney hotels are for peasants" says someone with more money than you or I...No don't bring in your frozen chicken nuggets into those places....FINE. The people eating in the "food courts" at the resorts are REGULAR people. Most people try to save....so they can buy other stuff at the stores (that they don't need) so they can leave with something tangible, not mediocre Disney cuisine in their bowels.
If I travel abroad, I attempt to abide by the host country's cultural norms.

Bpmorley

I'll admit we've borrowed. We usually shop for our villa. But a few times we've come up short on maybe cream and sugar for coffee in the room. Just head over to whereever the condiments are and take a few to get by. At some point I've eaten and drank there.

21stamps

Are the toasters/condiments/seating different in the Value resorts?

I'm just trying to picture walking in to Captain Cook's with a bunch of food that needs to be heated up. I've never noticed a microwave at the resorts..but I have seen and used the toaster oven- on a bagel, purchased at the restaurant.

The quick service restaurants at most of the resorts are crowded, I don't know ihow many people actually are ok with taking up a table in a busy restaurant.

ToTBellHop

And in lots of other countries, it's customary to pay for condiments. You want ketchup with those fries? That'll be € .25.
Because of the way some guests are, I am SHOCKED that they still have the "guacamole" out for anyone to grab at Pecos Bill. I didn't expect that to last more than 6 months before everyone just got a little dish with their meal.

dreamfinder

Why are we just talking if it is or it is not allowed by Disney? Shouldn't we just write them and ask?

Writing, calling, whatevering to Disney is usually fruitless. Most of the CMs on the phone aren't at WDW. Even if you are in your resort room and call "the front desk" it goes to a call center. They may be able to tell you the correct answer for the rack room rate for a given night, but other things are hit or miss. If you call 3 times, odds are you will get 3 different answers.

Are the toasters/condiments/seating different in the Value resorts?

I'm just trying to picture walking in to Captain Cook's with a bunch of food that needs to be heated up. I've never noticed a microwave at the resorts..but I have seen and used the toaster oven- on a bagel, purchased at the restaurant.

The quick service restaurants at most of the resorts are crowded, I don't know ihow many people actually are ok with taking up a table in a busy restaurant.

Similar toasters, condiments may be different, seating is bigger. And I think the values may have more toasters/microwaves just since they are bigger food courts. Look at some of the pictures in this gallery -> http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/end-zone-food-court/gallery/20dec2013-new-end-zone-food-court.htm to see how much seating there is. And they usually have more outside as well.

The condiments/fountain drinks are usually similar, but will vary by resort. For instance I usually find that the values only have 2-3 types of tea bags out, and even then you may need to ask at the register for the tea. But the deluxes may have 8-10 styles, and often left them out all day. And even with things like the Rapid Fill systems, for a while at least some of the managers at the deluxes disabled the system as they were getting to many complaints, but I've never heard of that happening at the values.

Phonedave

And in lots of other countries, it's customary to pay for condiments. You want ketchup with those fries? That'll be € .25.

I used to have people from the UK stay at my house whent they were vacationing in the US. They loved the fact they could get as much catsup as they wished. They also loved streaky bacon, and the lower prices on beef.

The also would take back piles of clothes (apparently they are cheaper here) and power tools. US tools are 120V and UK tools are 220V. However, on jobsites, they run 120V temporary service for safety reasons, so contractor tools are all 120V. Apparently you pay an arm and a leg for them in the UK becuse they are "contractor" grade. These people were in the building trades (lift engineers to be exact - elevator installers) and they would by standard US tools, and use them on the jobsites in the UK.

-dave

Olisoto

Obviously all of those things are there for the people who purchase food in the food court. This guy, and others like him, are just taking advantage. He probably takes the room towels home with him too, because hey, he paid good money to stay at that hotel.

Olisoto

So, there is some thread on my Facebook feed right now about saving money at Disney, and one guy suggested packing your own English Muffins, bagels, or bread and toasting them at the resort where they also have free condiments like butter, honey, and jelly.

When someone said they have never seen toasters in rooms, except villas, he posted this:

"Yeah it's all in the food court they have several toasters you can use at Pop I only saw two toasters at All Star Sports last weekend during the hurricane there was a ridiculous line but I'm sure when there's no weather issue the line is pretty decent and I only saw one microwave but they're supposed to be two but for sure grape jelly strawberry jam orange marmalade honey and a butter margarine mix which I'm not too fond of."

Ummmmmmm......okay.......this seems odd to me. But maybe I'm crazy. Is it a thing? Does Disney let people just bring their own food and use the toasters and microwaves and condiments in the food courts? I would never do it but now I'm curious.

Thanks in advance.
New to the group maybe am doing this wrong , sorry but I have food allergies I can not have dairy . The last time I had dairy I was rushed to the ER, am currently staying at a Disney resort and yes if you tell the chef you can have some foods prepared for you dairy free but not all which limiteds what I can eat here at the resort . I had no choice but to drive off the resort and pick up some food to eat while am staying here . I guest if you didn’t know my food allergies you would just judge me with out knowing all the facts . Maybe some ppl shouldn’t be so quick to pass judgment on others . Btw this wasn’t meant for buddy thomas directly I just hit the reply am sorry once again if am doing this wrong .

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
New to the group maybe am doing this wrong , sorry but I have food allergies I can not have dairy . The last time I had dairy I was rushed to the ER, am currently staying at a Disney resort and yes if you tell the chef you can have some foods prepared for you dairy free but not all which limiteds what I can eat here at the resort . I had no choice but to drive off the resort and pick up some food to eat while am staying here . I guest if you didn’t know my food allergies you would just judge me with out knowing all the facts . Maybe some ppl shouldn’t be so quick to pass judgment on others . Btw this wasn’t meant for buddy thomas directly I just hit the reply am sorry once again if am doing this wrong .
TS places will find something to make you. Case in point -- Tony's in MK whipped up a steamed salmon fillet in response to a dairy allergy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom