Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, September 23. From a cast member: Baseline Tap House scheduled opening is Friday, September 29.

On the brick wall facing the Tap House courtyard is a beautiful new mural. Recognize it? It's the Tower of Terror and the streetcar on Sunset Blvd.

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Photo update as of Saturday, September 23. From a cast member: Baseline Tap House scheduled opening is Friday, September 29.

On the brick wall facing the Tap House courtyard is a beautiful new mural. Recognize it? It's the Tower of Terror and the streetcar on Sunset Blvd.

View attachment 232624

View attachment 232625

If I wear roller skates and start singing "I'm Alive" or "(Have To Believe in) Magic", can I jump into that mural and be transported back to L.A. of the 30's?

rocketraccoon

September 29th for Baseline sounds right, but all of Grand Avenue definitely won't be open in 5 days.

642DrRi.jpg

Covered fences have popped up around the area, including the planters near the brick to the left.

C53qS4l.jpg

A closer look of the Baseline area shows it being pretty much done on the outside.

yK5j0xZ.jpg

The tunnel entrance being very much not done, also showing off the lights in the area actually being on. Note the black fence at the bottom around a planter area.

L4VJHOu.jpg

Construction walls have popped up near the old Chevrolet building, which is now called "Grand Lofts". The music store is off to the left, and has some decor up. I'm wondering if the avenue might be cut off here when Baseline opens.

ejZ2O9g.jpg

Completely exposed construction beyond Grand Lofts.

oTnYo9G.jpg

Seems like a lot of effort to lug a bike up a story.

A small hole in the existing construction fence shows off a bit of the Baseline area:
zCCRwhu.jpg

Lights are on inside Baseline.

ogt06IU.jpg

NMbO8NH.jpg

Umbrellas wrapped up.

They put the scrim back on the fences after Irma, but never put the wood or signs back up. I have to imagine at least part of Grand Avenue will be open alongside Baseline, but the back of it isn't really in a state to be opened.

Magenta Panther

September 29th for Baseline sounds right, but all of Grand Avenue definitely won't be open in 5 days.

642DrRi.jpg

Covered fences have popped up around the area, including the planters near the brick to the left.

C53qS4l.jpg

A closer look of the Baseline area shows it being pretty much done on the outside.

yK5j0xZ.jpg

The tunnel entrance being very much not done, also showing off the lights in the area actually being on. Note the black fence at the bottom around a planter area.

L4VJHOu.jpg

Construction walls have popped up near the old Chevrolet building, which is now called "Grand Lofts". The music store is off to the left, and has some decor up. I'm wondering if the avenue might be cut off here when Baseline opens.

ejZ2O9g.jpg

Completely exposed construction beyond Grand Lofts.

oTnYo9G.jpg

Seems like a lot of effort to lug a bike up a story.

A small hole in the existing construction fence shows off a bit of the Baseline area:
zCCRwhu.jpg

Lights are on inside Baseline.

ogt06IU.jpg

NMbO8NH.jpg

Umbrellas wrapped up.

They put the scrim back on the fences after Irma, but never put the wood or signs back up. I have to imagine at least part of Grand Avenue will be open alongside Baseline, but the back of it isn't really in a state to be opened.

Thanks for the pics. This is looking amazing! I can't wait to visit and have a brew!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom