Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Out of curiosity, will the current path along side Tatooine Traders to Muppets Courtyard be closed after Grand Avenue Opens and become backstage area? This would/could give Muppets Courtyard a single entrance off of Grand Avenue and could make the area feel much more contained as a mini-land. It would just seem odd to have two parallel paths here which will clearly be separated (based on the large gate the added and the fact that the lamp posts go so far up along the pathway next to Tatooine Traders. Once they open Grand Avenue, they would pretty quickly build new fences where I drew red lines in the image below ultimately driving all traffic to Muppets Courtward and Star Wars Land down the much wider Grand Aveue. Would also give them the opportunity to retheme (or completely hide) the side of Tatooine Traders to more appropriately make that area fit in with the new look of Grand Avenue.

Baseline-Tap-House_Full_31235.jpg

hokielutz

Does anyone know why the Fountain in the Muppet's Courtyard is still boarded up?? Its been like that since before Hurricane Irma came through.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Out of curiosity, will the current path along side Tatooine Traders to Muppets Courtyard be closed after Grand Avenue Opens and become backstage area? This would/could give Muppets Courtyard a single entrance off of Grand Avenue and could make the area feel much more contained as a mini-land. It would just seem odd to have two parallel paths here which will clearly be separated (based on the large gate the added and the fact that the lamp posts go so far up along the pathway next to Tatooine Traders. Once they open Grand Avenue, they would pretty quickly build new fences where I drew red lines in the image below ultimately driving all traffic to Muppets Courtward and Star Wars Land down the much wider Grand Aveue. Would also give them the opportunity to retheme (or completely hide) the side of Tatooine Traders to more appropriately make that area fit in with the new look of Grand Avenue.

View attachment 233692

Yes, I believe that path will be closed off.

Magenta Panther

His point was "DHS Muppets isn't popular, they closed the one in DCA"

By that way of thinking, DHS Tower of Terror isn't popular either

Oh get real. The reason the Tower in DCA was closed was because Chappie was determined to shoehorn another stupid purchase (Marvel) somewhere in the park and he was too cheapass to do a new build for it.

If the puppets were so popular in DCA, how come they haven't been located elsewhere? To date, the park still remains blissfully puppet-free.

GlacierGlacier

I'm really liking this. They could've gone cheap and easy, and just made a boring old path ending in star wars land, but the amount of detail and care we're seeing in the path, the city facade, the taphouse, all of it, makes me happy. I feel like despite the IP obsession of the current leadership that good ol' WDI is still there and still cares.

raymusiccity

I'm really liking this. They could've gone cheap and easy, and just made a boring old path ending in star wars land, but the amount of detail and care we're seeing in the path, the city facade, the taphouse, all of it, makes me happy. I feel like despite the IP obsession of the current leadership that good ol' WDI is still there and still cares.

Looks like Baseline will be opening sooner than expected. When do you suppose the fencing will disappear and a pathway open for all theme park visitors? :

"To celebrate the opening of Grand Avenue and BaseLine Tap House (the official date has not been announced yet), Disney’s Hollywood Studios Cast Members will soon be able to will have the opportunity to explore the new food & beverage location and sample menu items including the Bavarian Pretzel with beer-cheese Fondue and Spicy Mustard and the house-made Blue Sky Black Cherry soda. Cast previews will take place on Sept. 29 (8:30-10 a.m.) and Sept. 30."

Goofyernmost

just what the park needs....more drunks
At least they will be rich drunks, because your standard 'bottle in a brown paper bag' person, in all likelihood, cannot afford to sniff the bottle cap at Disney even if they had the cash to get in. Not that rich drunks cannot be obnoxious, but, there will be way fewer of them.
Besides anything without a sealed cap on it, at Disney, will be watered down for increase profit and assurance that everyone will be broke before intoxication sets in.

Prototype82

I really like that they wanted it it be modern L.A. and not the same step back in time as the rest of the park. It's the kind of refreshing realism that you see on the London exterior of Diagon. I'm digging how they picked modern curtain patterns to clash with the old exterior of the "Grand Ave Apartments". It's good placemaking that reminds me of how Animal Kingdom themes things. You see time has passed. It's not picture perfect because real people have moved in and lived in this space. I back this approach 100%. I do wish they'd park a couple cars out front. I really wanted to see that from Muggle London. Stun guests by making it real.

Goofyernmost

I really like that they wanted it it be modern L.A. and not the same step back in time as the rest of the park. It's the kind of refreshing realism that you see on the London exterior of Diagon. I'm digging how they picked modern curtain patterns to clash with the old exterior of the "Grand Ave Apartments". It's good placemaking that reminds me of how Animal Kingdom themes things. You see time has passed. It's not picture perfect because real people have moved in and lived in this space. I back this approach 100%. I do wish they'd park a couple cars out front. I really wanted to see that from Muggle London. Stun guests by making it real.
The 50's LA would have had a lot of buildings with faded advertisements that were painted on the walls of buildings many years previous to that, perhaps the 20's and 30's.

Magenta Panther

The popularity (or lack thereof) of the attraction in DCA has nothing to do with the popularity of The Muppets. I know it chaps you, but they are and will likely remain, VERY popular. We get it. You don't like them. The joke is old now LOL

They can't sell merchandise, the last film was a flop, and the attempted TV comeback was a disaster. You have a funny litmus test for popularity. But okay.

Magenta Panther

I don't know about "real" or "real people" if the latest rumor proves true and puppets start popping out of the windows. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom