Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

FigmentFan3

Don't think I have seen it mentioned on here before, but those pictures show a small signpost "Historic quarter" is that what they will officially call this area of the park once it's all integrated?

Would tie in to what some others have said about the main park taking on an LA theme.
After all Star Wars is also set a long time ago...
Perhaps we could call the park Disney California Adventure :p

Timothy_Q

Disney really does seem to be doubling down on the California theming in DHS while continuing to erode it at DCA. I cannot say I'm terribly surprised, DHS from its inception captured the spirit of vintage LA in a superior manner than any of the CA themed lands depicted in DCA.
I'd say Grizzly Peak is more immersive and transportive than anything in DHS, especially with how big the trees have gotten.

Yes, Hollywood Blvd is gorgeous, but it's mainly a variation of Main Street

Prototype82

Well this is entirely disappointing. Yet another family friendly snack and drink location is turned into a bar. Don't we have enough bars in Studios already?
I missed this post but my biggest problem with Hollywood Studios was the severe lack of anything cold on tap. There are plenty of restaurants scattered about but there are literally no bars. And any beer on tap is a luke-warm watery Bud Lite that comes out of a cart. Baseline is needed. Epcot and AK are a craft beer fan's delight but there is no such place in existence at the Studios. I'm quite excited about this.

NiarrNDisney

I missed this post but my biggest problem with Hollywood Studios was the severe lack of anything cold on tap. There are plenty of restaurants scattered about but there are literally no bars. And any beer on tap is a luke-warm watery Bud Lite that comes out of a cart. Baseline is needed. Epcot and AK are a craft beer fan's delight but there is no such place in existence at the Studios. I'm quite excited about this.

Yeah when the High Octane bar closed it left only a couple places then the Mouse went and closed Starring Rolls which was a punch in the gut so Baseline will be a happy addition to my touring plans!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, September 19. White vertical highlights are painted on the "yellow" building. Also notice closed red umbrellas (in plastic bags) have been installed around the Tap House courtyard. A cast member stated the area should be open by the end of September.

IMG_0063.JPG

The wooden gate has been installed. It is smooth vertical boards on the "guest facing" side.

IMG_0064.JPG

Details have been added to the Grand Avenue building façade: a bicycle and a potted plant on the second story balcony; a barbeque grill on the third story balcony.

IMG_0065.JPG

NiarrNDisney

Photo update as of Tuesday, September 19. White vertical highlights are painted on the "yellow" building. Also notice closed red umbrellas (in plastic bags) have been installed around the Tap House courtyard. A cast member stated the area should be open by the end of September.

View attachment 231428

Details have been added to the Grand Avenue building façade: a bicycle and a potted plant on the second story balcony; a barbeque grill on the third story balcony.

View attachment 231430

Its starting to look really good! Can't wait til it opens!

Prototype82

How big will this be compared to Nomad? I don't think I ever bothered to go into the Writer's Stop so I have no point of reference.

Haymarket2008

How big will this be compared to Nomad? I don't think I ever bothered to go into the Writer's Stop so I have no point of reference.

I think this is definitely Hollywood Studio's version of the Nomad Lounge and how it functions with Pandora. And now this will function with Galaxy's Edge. Writer's Stop was a tiny store with a few select coffee options, cupcakes and cookies and miscellaneous books to buy. Hardly anything to spend more than 5 minutes in. This is a hugely positive change and smart use of space. And I get the impression, looking at the concept art, that they are expanding the size of the former Writer's Stop by quite a bit. Should be comparable to Nomad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom