News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Sir_Cliff

Oh, starting last week, Disney is putting several films back in theaters at AMC and other venues. Beauty and the Beast was last week, Mulan is tomorrow through next Thursday, followed by The Princess & The Frog, Tangled, and Brave.
This is off-topic, but I'm interested to see that as the main theater chain in the Netherlands has been showing classic Disney films to great success over the past few weeks. What was most interesting to me was that Pathé chose Wall-E, The Jungle Book, and 101 Dalmatians to show and the film chosen by viewers was... Pocahontas. I really love Pocahontas, but I thought I was the only one!

Matt_Black

This is off-topic, but I'm interested to see that as the main theater chain in the Netherlands has been showing classic Disney films to great success over the past few weeks. What was most interesting to me was that Pathé chose Wall-E, The Jungle Book, and 101 Dalmatians to show and the film chosen by viewers was... Pocahontas. I really love Pocahontas, but I thought I was the only one!

I think Pocahontas has been helped by the fact that that gets VERY heavy rotation on Freeform and Disney Junior.

Sir_Cliff

I think Pocahontas has been helped by the fact that that gets VERY heavy rotation on Freeform and Disney Junior.
Well, that is very disappointing. I thought the rest of the world had finally realized that they were wrong and I was right that Pocahontas was actually a great movie.

Sir_Cliff

The two aren't mutually exclusive concepts.
True, though the Hocus Pocus nostalgia that apparently comes from frequent rebroadcasting gives me some pause. Still, I'm happy to accept that I was right all along!

...and Brave is fine, too. It still seems to me to be a popular franchise. They keep including it in their firework shows, at least at WDW and DLP. I also saw more Brave than Moana merchandise on my August trip to WDW, which might help explain the appeal to Disney.

Last edited:

njDizFan

Of course nothing is confirmed but I always thought it would be Brave. How else can we have a princess in every pavilion. I don't love the film but I honestly think this IP has the most cultural relevance of any of the other choices. You can gleam at least a little hint of the society, architecture and culture of Scotland. Pan, Poppins, Alice are intertwined in English lore but place setting is secondary at best.

Ag11gani

I menat to post this here but did so in the spirted thread but, When frozen goes in Norway everyone is all up in arms but they would be perfectly fine with Poppins, Alice or Pan, two of which don't even take place in the UK fpr the majority of the movie.

Fox&Hound

Ughhhhh, Brave.

Hmmm- well, trying to be positive, it does highlight the beauty of Scotlandand that is a nice addition to World Showcase.

And I do agree that Pan and Alice in Wonderland don't really take place in their respective countries all that much. But I really wish it was Alice.....

Not sure how I feel about this. I may need to sit down for a minute.

raymusiccity

My point is Pixar isn't consistently great like it used to be up until 2011.

That's to be expected.. There will always be hits and misses. Some notorious flops went on to become very successful in their revival runs. Everyone is consistent until their first failure. It's sort of like saying 'I always find something that I lost at the last place I looked' !! ;)

Sir_Cliff

That's to be expected.. There will always be hits and misses. Some notorious flops went on to become very successful in their revival runs. Everyone is consistent until their first failure. It's sort of like saying 'I always find something that I lost at the last place I looked' !! ;)
The strange thing with Pixar, though, is their dive into sequels. Inside Out proves that they can still make an incredible original animated feature, but it seems that almost all they're doing at the moment is reliving their glory days.

TiggerDad

I menat to post this here but did so in the spirted thread but, When frozen goes in Norway everyone is all up in arms but they would be perfectly fine with Poppins, Alice or Pan, two of which don't even take place in the UK fpr the majority of the movie.
There is a difference between replacing an attraction that had some educational component with frozen and adding a new attraction.

Matt_Black

The strange thing with Pixar, though, is their dive into sequels. Inside Out proves that they can still make an incredible original animated feature, but it seems that almost all they're doing at the moment is reliving their glory days.

They still have original films in the pipeline. If you want to see MORE of that, then make sure Coco is make a big hit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom