Canada Pavilion Rant

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'd keep the Circlevision but with a new film narrated by Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis in their Rutt & Tuke characters, because their DVD commentary on Brother Bear is the best darn thing about that movie.
Using their Bob & Doug MacKenzie characters would be much more entertaining! :hilarious:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I really wouldn't be terribly upset if the circlevision left to be replaced by something else. Or something could be added in addition to the film as that attraction only requires 2 cast to operate a day at bare minimum. But if we had to sacrifice it for something else I'd be ok. I feel like whatever it is would be pretty far down the WSC work order list though? As there's already so many rumours ahead of it?
Be very careful what you wish for.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
O History...

Indeed. But if Canada is to get its raft ride, the space occupied by the theater might be quite helpful. And I want the theater space in China for for a full on acrobat production that doesn't need to be canceled in rain. Epcot has a lot of entertainment, but no true indoor theater production. So I'd put one there. a 35-40 minute show, 5 or 6 times a day. With seats.

It's not.

Is there any love coming to Canada someday?

Thankfully what I was concerned about is now looking less likely.

Aside from that there's nothing I know of currently (which isn't everything by a long shot)

So nothing in the works for Canada pavilion?

Nothing the average guest would know about.

It's looking like.

Thankfully.

The 10 year old film could probably use an update. They do remember a film still plays there right?

Oh they certainly do.

So, Canada is loosing steam?

Seems like it. Thankfully.

Projections may go digital instead.

If successful will this be used for O Canada! as well or is there other ideas for that area?

The future of O'Canada is still undecided.

I really wouldn't be terribly upset if the circlevision left to be replaced by something else. Or something could be added in addition to the film as that attraction only requires 2 cast to operate a day at bare minimum. But if we had to sacrifice it for something else I'd be ok. I feel like whatever it is would be pretty far down the WSC work order list though? As there's already so many rumours ahead of it?

Be very careful what you wish for.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hey, man, Alpha Flight is AWESOME.
I almost forgot that there was another superhero that strongly resembled The Guardian...Captain Canuck...:hilarious:
19423300626_53935646db_n.jpg

thomas998

Man...I always show up at EPCOT hoping that it's changed. And I always leave disappointed. Canada is the biggest waste of a Pavilion in EPCOT (unless you want to count the Africa area in between Norway and China - which I don't).

I say this out of respect. I love Canada. Heck, my wife is from Toronto. And even she has no interest in stopping in the Pavilion.

You've got Martin Short, a popcorn cart, an o.k. steakhouse, and an entire pavilion based on British Columbia, along with rotating acts on a stage that don't seem to last (I did like "Off Kilter"....the Lumberjacks...not so much). That's Canada at EPCOT.

You're freaking Canada. How about some poutine? Maybe some smoked meat? Canadian cronuts?...Montreal bagels? a Tim Horton cart (yeah, I'm sure Starbucks would love that.....probably in their contract). How about some representation from Ontario and/or Quebec.

You'd think maybe, just maybe during a F&W or F&G they'd try to mix it up. Bring in some of the good stuff.....but no....It's still the Cheese Soup and Fillet. The Canada Booth during the festivals is just a big advert for LeCellier......like it has been forever.

It's almost to the point where routinely I find myself starting my World Showcase journey in Mexico and when I get to the red phone booths in the UK we turn around and walk back.
Frankly I never understood why they bothered with Canada to begin with...I figured at the time they just needed something quick and cheap so they threw in Canada.... So many interesting places around the world and someone picks Canada... it almost seems like a joke.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Frankly I never understood why they bothered with Canada to begin with...I figured at the time they just needed something quick and cheap so they threw in Canada.... So many interesting places around the world and someone picks Canada... it almost seems like a joke.
Perhaps because we're the only English-speaking country most of your countrymen could ever afford to visit? :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Wouldn't "join" if offered. Y'all are nuts. :rolleyes:

*you're :cautious:
Well, bless your heart! We are pretty picky, but, I'm starting to think that we are building the wall on the wrong end of the country. Oh, wait... it must be to keep all those much sought after lawn mowing jobs to ourselves. We are not "nuts", but, we are proving ourselves to be "very interesting, but, stupid". Never has one population known so little about so many things. Fortunately, we have the self confidence to think we do. So come on down, eh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom