A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

nevol

Sorry I'm not understanding the connection there. ???
All he meant was that they only announce new things, not disappointing things/losses. Like MICKEY RUNAWAY RAILWAY! No mention of great movie ride closing. Marvel! No mention of a bug's land. But that's the extent to the connection and doesn't say anything about why they pulled details. My guess is eastern gateway means that they don't really have specifics at this point.

Californian Elitist

Lol oh heck ya the late 80s to late 90s were a great time for the Disney Channel.

Was So Weird the one where the aliens crash in the backyard?

How bout the Tony Danza classic - The Trash Picking Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenomenon?

My Date with the Presidents Daughter?

So Weird was the kid/teen version of the X-Files. Sweet show!

Both of those films are classics. That was my first Tony Danza movie. My Date with the President's Daughter was one of my favorites.

Californian Elitist

How dare you forget Lizzie Maguire! The movie was pretty fun, too.

Trust me, I didn't forget! I was just naming a few. In a Heartbeat, Bug Juice, Flash Forward, etc. All fantastic. Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens were hits, too. In my opinion, those marked the end of the great quality of shows. Once That's So Raven came on the scene, it was the beginning of the end.

The best thing about the old Disney Channel was Vault Disney. Much of what I learned about Walt Disney and the company in its prime when he was alive came from watching Vault Disney. The Wonderful World of Color, Zorro, the Disneyland show, old Disney films, etc. Had it not been for that throwback segment, I would have never known people like Annette Funicello, Haley Williams, and Guy Williams. There was so much neat exposure. Not anymore though. Vault Disney was the VERY Disney of the Disney Channel, and it was taken away. Really stupid decision from the company.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this!

I understand not loving Iger, but the Eisner revisionism just seems bizarre to me. All I can think is that people don't remember the state Disney was in when Iger took over. It really had gone from perhaps the premium entertainment brand in the mid-1990s to becoming something of a joke with all the Cinderella IIIs and Bambi IIs along with parks like DCA and WDS. That was really the period when the idea that the Disney name was synonymous with quality disappeared. If anything, Disney now is a stronger brand than it has ever been, at least in my lifetime.

But, yes, Iger has been terrible for WDW so far.

Remember there were 2 Eisners one who created the 'Disney Decade' and the post Wells Eisner who started all the crap Iger has doubled down on.

Most of the Eisner positivity is for the Eisner Wells era. Not the Eisner who spawned Roy Disney's 'Save Disney' movemenr.

ParentsOf4

Remember there were 2 Eisners one who created the 'Disney Decade' and the post Wells Eisner who started all the crap Iger has doubled down on.

Most of the Eisner positivity is for the Eisner Wells era. Not the Eisner who spawned Roy Disney's 'Save Disney' movemenr.
Eisner was a mixed blessing from Day One.

His first major theme park decision in 1984 was to Jack up prices by double-digits for 4 consecutive years.

He was responsible for opening a half built Disney-MGM Studios in 1989.

He insisted on building EuroDisney near Paris, despite data showing that it would struggle for a large part of the year.

Eisner pushed out Parks and Resorts senior leadership, those who TRULY believed in the Disney Difference.

All this happened well before Wells died in 1994.

Eisner should be given credit for creating WDW as it exists today, but there also was a lot he did that was bad for us from the start.

Monorail_Orange

Eisner was a mixed blessing from Day One.

His first major theme park decision in 1984 was to Jack up prices by double-digits for 4 consecutive years.

He was responsible for opening a half built Disney-MGM Studios in 1989.

He insisted on building EuroDisney near Paris, despite data showing that it would struggle for a large part of the year.

Eisner pushed out Parks and Resorts senior leadership, those who TRULY believed in the Disney Difference.

All this happened well before Wells died in 1994.

Eisner should be given credit for creating WDW as it exists today, but there also was a lot he did that was bad for us from the start.
He also has to.be given credit for DCL, that was his bailiwick as well. But you are correct, Eisner was very much a double-edged sword.

NearTheEars

Trust me, I didn't forget! I was just naming a few. In a Heartbeat, Bug Juice, Flash Forward, etc. All fantastic. Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens were hits, too. In my opinion, those marked the end of the great quality of shows. Once That's So Raven came on the scene, it was the beginning of the end.

The best thing about the old Disney Channel was Vault Disney. Much of what I learned about Walt Disney and the company in its prime when he was alive came from watching Vault Disney. The Wonderful World of Color, Zorro, the Disneyland show, old Disney films, etc. Had it not been for that throwback segment, I would have never known people like Annette Funicello, Haley Williams, and Guy Williams. There was so much neat exposure. Not anymore though. Vault Disney was the VERY Disney of the Disney Channel, and it was taken away. Really stupid decision from the company.

Bug juice was fantastic. I was about the same age as those kids at the time so it really spoke to me.
I heard there's a possible reboot coming.

Californian Elitist

Bug juice was fantastic. I was about the same age as those kids at the time so it really spoke to me.
I heard there's a possible reboot coming.

It really was. I was slightly younger than the kids, but I wanted to go to Camp Wazi badly. The show spoke to me as well. It's probably the reason I was a little mature for my age. That, and a few other shows may have contributed to my maturity.

A reboot? From Disney? I don't know if I'd be able to trust current Disney with that type of programming. Disney's shows nowadays talk DOWN to children instead of TO children, in my opinion.

NearTheEars

It really was. I was slightly younger than the kids, but I wanted to go to Camp Wazi badly. The show spoke to me as well. It's probably the reason I was a little mature for my age. That, and a few other shows may have contributed to my maturity.

A reboot? From Disney? I don't know if I'd be able to trust current Disney with that type of programming. Disney's shows nowadays talk DOWN to children instead of TO children, in my opinion.

From Variety:
Disney Channel is bringing back the ’90s camp series “Bug Juice,” Variety has learned.

“Bug Juice,” which aired for three seasons from 1998 through 2001, followed young kids at summer camp. The series was Disney’s first-ever original unscripted show.

The “Bug Juice” revival is currently in production and is set to debut in early 2018.

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/tv/news/bug-juice-disney-channel-reboot-1202515970/amp/

Hatbox Ghostbuster

From Variety:
Disney Channel is bringing back the ’90s camp series “Bug Juice,” Variety has learned.

“Bug Juice,” which aired for three seasons from 1998 through 2001, followed young kids at summer camp. The series was Disney’s first-ever original unscripted show.

The “Bug Juice” revival is currently in production and is set to debut in early 2018.

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/tv/news/bug-juice-disney-channel-reboot-1202515970/amp/
So...its just gonna be a bunch of kids taking selfies and talking about their youtube channels...great!

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Don't forget the Mickey Mouse Club revival that was announced days ago.
....I've been trying to forget about that one thank you very much.
uno1.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom