Canada Pavilion Rant

castlecake2.0

I thoroughly enjoy the Martin Short movie. The French group Bodh'aktan was great, but I miss Off Kilter. I liked Alberta Bound as well.

I'd love to see them open something in the upper level, but I think with Joffery's and Starbucks, Timmy' is likely out of the question. A Beavertail's shop would be great.

A couple years ago you were dining at Le Cellier, I was too shy to come say hello but I asked your server to bring you a chocolate "moose"!

And we have asked about the possibility of Tim Hortons but there told could never happen as all coffee at table service locations must be joffreys and tea must be twining due to contracts.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
A couple years ago you were dining at Le Cellier, I was too shy to come say hello but I asked your server to bring you a chocolate "moose"!

And we have asked about the possibility of Tim Hortons but there told could never happen as all coffee at table service locations must be joffreys and tea must be twining due to contracts.
I remember the Moose! Thanks! :cool:

If I recall correctly, you'd served me on a previous visit and are also from Kanata [or at least Ottawa]? I might be mixing some memories LOL, I am getting older... ;)

I've never visited WDW without at least one dinner at Le Cellier [I think I'm around 80+ trips now]! I'm almost always treated like visiting Royalty when they spot my various Canadian flags. Always an excellent meal and the friendliest service ANYWHERE! :inlove:

Goofyernmost

Well that's a lie considering the hotel structure is a replica of the Château Frontenac in Quebec
1280px-Ch%C3%A2teau_Frontenac_02.jpg
Spent my Honeymoon there. Looks like the same time of year as well. Had one of those turret rooms (the grey one that looks like a rocket with one window on the right side of the picture. A long, long time ago (45 years ago last January)

parkhopper1213

When the cost of a meal at Le Cellier (I know I butchered the spelling) began to average $40-50, we stopped going to Canadian section. The only thing Canada has been good for are sitting on the steps during Illuminations.

That is a great idea. As a Canadian, I have never found any coffee in Florida that tastes anything like my Timmies large triple-triple. The closest I've came to eating/drinking something at the Canada pavilion that made me feel at home was a Coffee Crisp chocolate bar. And, I'd like to point out to everyone who visits the Canada pavilion-our country isn't all rocks, mountains, totem poles and chateaus. In fact, where I live looks identical to most of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, etc. I realize that all countries in the WS show at least some stereotypical facets of that country's culture, but the Canada pavilion seems to be the worst.
Totally off-topic, but I also get a large triple triple from Timmy Ho's and it is the BEST! :-D

The Empress Lilly

- There is a Poutine stand in Disney Springs, with reasonable but obscenely overpriced Poutine. It should've been in EPCOT.

- Martin Short is cheap celeb diarrhea. ('When you don't know what to do, throw in a celeb') But otherwise the movie is good. Great song, even the new version.

- This is America. People won't walk upstairs, and they only spend on what is directly in front of them. This is why nowadays the upstairs of Canada is closed, and the entire WS walkway build up with stands, restaurants and bars. EPCOT, how the mighty has fallen... :'(

Cmdr_Crimson

- Martin Short is cheap celeb diarrhea. ('When you don't know what to do, throw in a celeb') But otherwise the movie is good. Great song, even the new version.
No..It's when Disney doesn't want to spend much for an A+ big star....You go to the next source that would be willing to do Anything.......
Monster Sound Show
O'Canada
Cinemagique
And of by Anything.....You have to go to the lowest of lows...
tumblr_inline_op7e7g0OJJ1qj0ncd_540.png

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The steakhouse was massively popular. Then they went to 2 credits and that was their demise
Demise? Hardly. You still can't get a walk-up any time of year as far as I can tell.

Going to Signature only seriously impacted DDP guests, the restaurant actually became a much better option for people who pay OOP.

Goofyernmost

No..It's when Disney doesn't want to spend much for an A+ big star....You go to the next source that would be willing to do Anything.......
Monster Sound Show
O'Canada
Cinemagique
And of by Anything.....You have to go to the lowest of lows...
tumblr_inline_op7e7g0OJJ1qj0ncd_540.png
That's a bit harsh. At the time they were commissioned to do those attractions those stars were A list. Not anymore, but, they were at the top of their games at that point. Marty has been in many Disney related things, including movies. He is also Canadian. Imagine that a Canadian doing a Canadian show. Whoda thunk it!;):)

DanielleOG

Awwww I went for the first time a few months ago and loved the Canada Pavillion. I am from Toronto, and had been to BC once so I liked seeing all the beautiful gardens. The buildings, too. I agree there needs to be a Timmy's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom