What did you do?

Greenlawler

Well I am embarrassed to admit this

I have a confession to make to you all.

My sons have got me playing "Pokemon Go" for them while I run.....and I like it.

I run at our local college and I go from stop to stop collecting items for their game......gives me something to do while I run.

So I can report that not only did I do 6 yesterday at a "deliberate" pace (code for slow) I caught 24 pokemon and collected much loot.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@Greenlawler - my DD really likes your new running method (and it just might get her to go running with me now that I think about it!)

So only walked again :oops: today but it was nearly 5 miles :rolleyes: thru a safari zoo ... first half you drive thru in your car (and as usual an ostrich tried to attack it as we were driving past) and the second half is pedestrian. During the driving part you are instructed to NOT stop in either the bear or lion sections and this morning that would have meant hitting two fairly large bears who ambled out and stopped in front of the car. Luckily there was one of the zookeepers in a pickup to convince them to go on their way. As much as it was cool to see then so close, I felt better when there was more distance between us...

And it definitely has one advantage over Kilimanjaro Safari - no other guests to get in the way of your pictures :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
So to round out my alternate universe Disney Day ... it ended with fireworks. There are maybe 100 people on the beach, all seated, waiting for the fireworks to start. The fireworks were being shot off from the main beach, which is about 2 miles away. And what happens when they start? Two of the kids in the family in front suddenly stand up! :banghead: Because of the distance and the angle this basically blocks the entire fireworks show for everyone else on the beach. :arghh: Everyone is shouting at them to sit down and as no one sat very close to anyone else, they either don't hear us or ignore us. So I get up, run over to them (that makes it a total of 10 meters for today ;)) and explain that everyone else on the beach is seated and we could all see the fireworks... until they stood up. Luckily their father told them to sit back down and they did. And as it was bound to happen at some point during the fireworks - at the same moment my DD and I both say "I saw a hidden Mickey" :joyfull:

RunningKoen

Did several weight trainings since my last run, also today. Took some rest, lots of food and did a 5.5M run. Still regret my weight training today, back muscles aced after a while

Made another mile running while cooling down. Not bad, but not thrilled about it either.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Well I am embarrassed to admit this

I have a confession to make to you all.

My sons have got me playing "Pokemon Go" for them while I run.....and I like it.

I run at our local college and I go from stop to stop collecting items for their game......gives me something to do while I run.

So I can report that not only did I do 6 yesterday at a "deliberate" pace (code for slow) I caught 24 pokemon and collected much loot.

My daughter and son-in-law play it while we're driving to Disney, in the parks, at the resort, wandering around Disney Springs...just about everywhere....

LAKid53

Premium Member
So to round out my alternate universe Disney Day ... it ended with fireworks. There are maybe 100 people on the beach, all seated, waiting for the fireworks to start. The fireworks were being shot off from the main beach, which is about 2 miles away. And what happens when they start? Two of the kids in the family in front suddenly stand up! :banghead: Because of the distance and the angle this basically blocks the entire fireworks show for everyone else on the beach. :arghh: Everyone is shouting at them to sit down and as no one sat very close to anyone else, they either don't hear us or ignore us. So I get up, run over to them (that makes it a total of 10 meters for today ;)) and explain that everyone else on the beach is seated and we could all see the fireworks... until they stood up. Luckily their father told them to sit back down and they did. And as it was bound to happen at some point during the fireworks - at the same moment my DD and I both say "I saw a hidden Mickey" :joyfull:

I envy your vacation.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
My story this week - I came home with the Disney krud! :( :hungover:

For those of you not familiar with the Disney krud, it's what happens when you spend days around thousands of kids coughing and sneezing all over you. Most trips I avoid it (alcohol does kill germs), but not this one....

Woke up Tuesday feeling kinda blah. Thought it was due to not sleeping very well the night before. Could barely make a full lap around the pond (neighborhood run ends with 2-3 laps around pond; circumference for a lap is approximately .67 miles, according to my Fitbit). So did just 2.1 miles. Came home, cleaned up, ate and was planning to see an afternoon movie. But nooooooo. Within a couple of hours after finishing my run, that "crap, I'm getting sick" feeling washed over me. Needless to say, that afternoon movie ended up being in bed and sleeping for several hours. When I woke up, it was almost dinner time. So I cancelled gym session for yesterday and spent most of it in bed too. Sleeping...no binge watching Netflix... :(

Felt better this AM, so went out for an easy run, ended up doing 2 laps around pond, 1st was half walking, last was all walking. And I'm breaking in new shoes... Did 2.82 miles.

Got an 8 miler Saturday...we'll see how it goes. May drag my son-in-law with me and tell him he can do Pokemon Go while we run. Almost have him convinced to do W&D with me - he really liked the Challenge medal. See the 10k has closed.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@LAKid53 - Sorry to hear about the Disney krud; there is nothing worse than coming back from vacation sick!

And don't envy me too much - although we have an awesome view of the sea, we're in a mobile home (thankfully with AC!) so barely enough room to walk between the bed and the wall and if I want to eat I still have to cook. There is a restaurant in the campground but the food is TERRIBLE.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@LAKid53 - Sorry to hear about the Disney krud; there is nothing worse than coming back from vacation sick!

And don't envy me too much - although we have an awesome view of the sea, we're in a mobile home (thankfully with AC!) so barely enough room to walk between the bed and the wall and if I want to eat I still have to cook. There is a restaurant in the campground but the food is TERRIBLE.

But you're at the beach....in France.

RunningKoen

Oh, to be young and not do proper recovery after weight training....and not feel it the next day.... :)
I was talking about recovery for the 5,5 miles I did earlier.

But I've been training for several years, so the recovery process is different. Same with running. After doing so many miles, a 3M run is just a warming up ;-)

JillC LI

4m yesterday. Gonna do my long run tomorrow morning, and then I'm not sure what I'll be able to squeeze in during next week when we move DS to college. It's supposed to be 100 degree in Austin all next week!

LAKid53

Premium Member
4m yesterday. Gonna do my long run tomorrow morning, and then I'm not sure what I'll be able to squeeze in during next week when we move DS to college. It's supposed to be 100 degree in Austin all next week!

He's going to Texas? That's quite a long way from home. And a cultural shock. I'm sure @Texas84 has stories and tips he can pass on. Great barbeque. And music.

Welcome to the hot, steamy South!

JillC LI

He's going to Texas? That's quite a long way from home. And a cultural shock. I'm sure @Texas84 has stories and tips he can pass on. Great barbeque. And music.

Welcome to the hot, steamy South!

Yup, UT Austin. My sister lives about 20 minutes from the school so yes it's far from home, but that gives me some comfort. We plan to move there as well in a few years! But I will own a TM for the summer months unless I want to get up at the crack of dawn!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yup, UT Austin. My sister lives about 20 minutes from the school so yes it's far from home, but that gives me some comfort. We plan to move there as well in a few years! But I will own a TM for the summer months unless I want to get up at the crack of dawn!

You want a TM for April to November. The year my DD was born, it was 85 degrees on Christmas Day...she was born 3 days later.

Just think how much closer you'll be to Disney! Start practicing saying, "y'all"...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom