What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
In a little over six hours, I'll be on my way to Disney! Just checked the week long weather forecast - low 90s with 50% chance of rain. I'm only going because my daughter begged (Mom, you've got points, wanna go to Disney the first weekend in August?) - @Swissmiss, you know how hard it can be to refuse a daughter's begging - I was perfectly happy to wait to return until November.... But that "I wanna see Pandora!", especially since many of her friends have gone since opening, was getting to her. So off I go to Central Florida, in mid-August. Did I mentioned I've lived in Florida for over 50 years? Yeah, I'm either foolish or the world's best mom for caving....

Got a 4 miler Saturday, which I'll be doing on a treadmill at Kidani. I'm really excited - not about the run, but my first stay at AKL!

Have a great rest of the week and weekend. Just hope we're not at war while I'm gone...I might just stay at Disney!

RunningKoen

Going to Disney is always a +1 for the best mom category.

Goodluck with the 4 mile. Any change to do it outside? Very early/late? I loved several jogging trails at WDW, but I dont know about the AKL one. Is there any? Other options to run? Anything better than a treadmill ;-)

BrianV

In a little over six hours, I'll be on my way to Disney! Just checked the week long weather forecast - low 90s with 50% chance of rain. I'm only going because my daughter begged (Mom, you've got points, wanna go to Disney the first weekend in August?) - @Swissmiss, you know how hard it can be to refuse a daughter's begging - I was perfectly happy to wait to return until November.... But that "I wanna see Pandora!", especially since many of her friends have gone since opening, was getting to her. So off I go to Central Florida, in mid-August. Did I mentioned I've lived in Florida for over 50 years? Yeah, I'm either foolish or the world's best mom for caving....

Got a 4 miler Saturday, which I'll be doing on a treadmill at Kidani. I'm really excited - not about the run, but my first stay at AKL!

Have a great rest of the week and weekend. Just hope we're not at war while I'm gone...I might just stay at Disney!

We went to akl last year for the first time. In August. It was great. However I didn't run at all. It was way too hot...As you well know.

Usually we go to WDW in August. Our favorite time as our kids don't go back to school ubtil sept.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Going to Disney is always a +1 for the best mom category.

Goodluck with the 4 mile. Any change to do it outside? Very early/late? I loved several jogging trails at WDW, but I dont know about the AKL one. Is there any? Other options to run? Anything better than a treadmill ;-)

I'm not sure if there are, but I think my 4 miler includes a magic mile, so I need something accurate for that, like a TM.

RunningKoen

I'm not sure if there are, but I think my 4 miler includes a magic mile, so I need something accurate for that, like a TM.

You're doing a Jeff Galloway program? I use a GPS watch for running so I can track down a mile any time. I don't know what a TM is.

My training today was another weight training, but a altered legday. I have to adapt my program when focussing on running because I cant be sore 3 days after legday. Easy weights focussed on flexibility and stretching the muscles, to recover and gain slightly.

And the rest of the day I spent sewing. Is there an outfit topic? ;-) Because it's totally offtopic although I did spent most of my time today on it.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@LAKid53 - Lol on the begging comment - that's what got me where I am today on vacation ... "Mom, it's been a really long time since we spent my birthday at the beach". And although the temperature is pleasant, there has been REALLY strong winds since last night (as in each time it gusts, the whole mobilehome shakes). No running here yet but we did about a half hour walk in the sand - I figured that was at least getting my feet muscles working.

Nice thing about being on vacation is I can actually do puzzles (no cats to knock pieces off the table!) and of course they are all Disney themed ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
You're doing a Jeff Galloway program? I use a GPS watch for running so I can track down a mile any time. I don't know what a TM is.

My training today was another weight training, but a altered legday. I have to adapt my program when focussing on running because I cant be sore 3 days after legday. Easy weights focussed on flexibility and stretching the muscles, to recover and gain slightly.

And the rest of the day I spent sewing. Is there an outfit topic? ;-) Because it's totally offtopic although I did spent most of my time today on it.

Yes, I'm using Galloway's training program. He recommends using a track for the magic mile, but they're kinda picky about letting non-track team members use the track at our university. Which is sad, because that thing is awesome to run on.

TM is an abbreviation for treadmill.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@LAKid53 - Lol on the begging comment - that's what got me where I am today on vacation ... "Mom, it's been a really long time since we spent my birthday at the beach". And although the temperature is pleasant, there has been REALLY strong winds since last night (as in each time it gusts, the whole mobilehome shakes). No running here yet but we did about a half hour walk in the sand - I figured that was at least getting my feet muscles working.

Nice thing about being on vacation is I can actually do puzzles (no cats to knock pieces off the table!) and of course they are all Disney themed ;)

I'm sitting in my daughter's living room waiting for her to get home so we can finishing packing the car and get on the road. Already got the text with our room number - actually got 4 of them.

It's 5:10 Eastern Daylight Time....and 95 degrees. :(

dreamfinder

Bike today.

AKL is really best to use the TM. The only other "legal"/safe option is the sidewalks/walkways from Jambo to Kidani. I think it is about a mile or so if you do all the meanders and don't go straight line, but it's mostly through parking lots. If you run on roads or try to go out past the gate Security may stop you and give you a ride back to your hotel. They don't have sidewalks on most of property for a reason.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Bike today.

AKL is really best to use the TM. The only other "legal"/safe option is the sidewalks/walkways from Jambo to Kidani. I think it is about a mile or so if you do all the meanders and don't go straight line, but it's mostly through parking lots. If you run on roads or try to go out past the gate Security may stop you and give you a ride back to your hotel. They don't have sidewalks on most of property for a reason.

Considering how much time we spent last night just trying find our room, I'm doing the treadmill.

Now we just have to find the bus stops.

Texas84

12 Muggy Miles (tm) this morning. I feel like, well, bad. I'll keep it clean. Launched pre-dawn, 74F, feeling good, then the sun came out. 80F at finish. Bleh. I'm taking next weekend off, running a points series 5K. A 3-4-3 work week with the Wednesday 4-miler in the rain, total of 22 miles for the week. We're getting so much rain this year it feels like Houston, Texas. Golf course is beautiful though.

Getting these bad boys ready for Disneyland. Took them out of the box this week.
WP_20170812_10_21_06_Rich.jpg WP_20170812_10_21_26_Rich.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
12 Muggy Miles (tm) this morning. I feel like, well, bad. I'll keep it clean. Launched pre-dawn, 74F, feeling good, then the sun came out. 80F at finish. Bleh. I'm taking next weekend off, running a points series 5K. A 3-4-3 work week with the Wednesday 4-miler in the rain, total of 22 miles for the week. We're getting so much rain this year it feels like Houston, Texas. Golf course is beautiful though.

Getting these bad boys ready for Disneyland. Took them out of the box this week.
View attachment 222006 View attachment 222007

Nice shoes!

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.3 miles this AM on the treadmill at AKL. Yeah, supposed to be 4, but we were in DAK from 9:15 am until nearly 11:00, so I think the nearly 20,000 steps yesterday and the over 15,000 today between MK and Epcot make up for the 1.7 miles I didn't run this morning.

Finally saw Rivers of Light. Real nice show, loved the projections on the trees. And Pandora at night is incredible. My daughter got her face painted while we were waiting in line for Nav'i...and some of the paint glowed under the black lights. Fortunately, we were eating dinner in Yak & Yeti when it started to pour. It poured today in MK, of course shutting down all the outside rides. And it started raining as we were leaving Epcot at 7:00pm. But the kids had a great time - went nuts ovet Pandora. And yes, we all have Banishees now and have been playing with them in the room....

Greenlawler

On Friday I had every intention of running 6. However at mile 1 the heavens opened up and I ran a fast 3.

I have never ran in such intense rain.

Today I waited till the Titans preseason game thinking I would finish my 11 miler while watching on a treadmill. The Titans were not inspirational but I ran 11 miles at a 6.3 pace.

I gained this information today

1. I am going to have to improve these next three weeks
2. I have gained too much weight to run in Nike Pegasus. My feet were a wreck.
3. The Titans looked sloppy

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Not everyone ;). I've done no running since I've arrived at the beach - I forgot how there is absolutely NO shade in this area nor any sidewalks. We have however been doing twice daily walks up and down the beach, which is just short of a mile... we could go further but the start of a nudist beach puts an end to it (my DD is at an age where she is very uncomfortable with this sort of thing). It's kind of bizarre though as it just suddenly "starts". I've noticed there is stairway leading down to the beach at this area ... go to the right, nudist beach, go to the left, family beach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom