Mission:Space update (confirmed)

PorterRedkey

Well, yeah, you're informed where the green and orange missions go, but, it really doesn't say "Earth Mission" nor "Mars Mission." The import of that is that on the site that shan't be uttered, they made a big deal of saying that "orange and green" are being renamed to "Mars Mission and Earth Mission", as in no more green and orange. So far, only one sign that we've seen has the phrases "Mars Mission" and "Earth Mission."

It's probably because someone saw that sign that they came away with the "news" of a renaming.

And they were so proud of that scoop.
It is also posted before you go into the "ready room". So since it is several places, I can see why people reported it like that. I just didn't see them saying that there would be no more orange or green. Must have missed that.
I do agree that 3 names for each mission are a bit much.

trainplane3

Watched a video and man Mission Space just does not translate the experience well to video. Without being in the cabin with all the gadgets and doohickeys around you it's just staring at a small screen.
I can agree with that. Being in the sim makes it enjoyable. Watching it on YouTube is just watching a video...of a video.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
maybe someone will post a side-by-side comparison of the mars mission before and after. It's definitely better graphics which can be seen by youtube video, even if we can't see it in the highest resolution.

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

sad destiny is removed from the hallway. Why remove all good Epcot songs?
Destiny... You think Destiny is a good Epcot song?

You think Destiny is a good song?

It is hands down one of the laziest and worst songs ever written for a Disney Theme Park.
giphy.gif

Neo222

So I watched both the videos for Green and Orange. I admit they have their own charm, and I do enjoy the updated Mars mission and the new Earth mission. Makes a bit more sense, really. Green is meant to be calmer, and Orange is more intense. Therefore, Green is a simple training mission over Earth, and Orange is the rowdy 'everything goes wrong in the end' Mars mission.

I did notice a few things in both footage. More details to the launch sequence, an updated space station, and more details here and there. I think they updated the station due to the whole thing that by that time period, the ISS would be gone. But, I also think they updated the space station to go in line with the upcoming space restaurant, since I see similarities between the station's design and the concept art we gotten.

Overall, looking forward to seeing these things myself. And maybe I'll have the guts to ride Orange...

trainplane3

So I watched both the videos for Green and Orange. I admit they have their own charm, and I do enjoy the updated Mars mission and the new Earth mission. Makes a bit more sense, really. Green is meant to be calmer, and Orange is more intense. Therefore, Green is a simple training mission over Earth, and Orange is the rowdy 'everything goes wrong in the end' Mars mission.

I did notice a few things in both footage. More details to the launch sequence, an updated space station, and more details here and there. I think they updated the station due to the whole thing that by that time period, the ISS would be gone. But, I also think they updated the space station to go in line with the upcoming space restaurant, since I see similarities between the station's design and the concept art we gotten.

Overall, looking forward to seeing these things myself. And maybe I'll have the guts to ride Orange...
They also have the new space telescope added as well. I forget the name, but it matches what will be going up soon.

RSoxNo1

I find it very odd that they'd replace CAPCOM, yet give her practically the exact same script throughout. I guess for people who are new to it, it will be fine, but after how well I know the old script, seems weird to have someone new saying it exactly.
The script was about 95% identical on the Orange Team with only a few lines dropped and other small language changes.

Initial complaint about Green Team. The interactive component seems rushed and forced but otherwise looks like a pleasant ride.

Next Big Thing

Gary Sinise is getting older (62) and Disney probably doesn't expect a significant refurb to Mission:Space anytime in the next 8-10 years at the very least so the probably just wanted to replace Sinise with someone a bit younger so it doesn't seem incredibly outdated in 10 years when he's in his 70's.

Is it a missed opportunity to change the script? Sure. But there was also nothing wrong with the script either.

matt9112

This feels like an upgrade. I have ridden this ride only twice in it's previous form and found it...um...lacking. No desire to ride again. However...the Earth side looks fun. A space version of a small screen Soarin. I'll be down there again in a few weeks and will check it out. I can see this attraction getting a small surge of interest and attention. Overall I would say this is a net gain.

huge gain lowering the height requirement wasd a bigger deal than you might think and than adding a little more reridablity. it's a big improvement even though it's small.

rode today waited 10 for green while orange had a 30 minute wait.

sbunit

Is the new height the same for both missions? Or does the orange have a higher height requirement? What's everyone's opinion on a 4 year old riding the more intense of the two? I haven't been on this ride in years, wondering what's the extent of these changes. Thanks in advance

trainplane3

Is the new height the same for both missions? Or does the orange have a higher height requirement? What's everyone's opinion on a 4 year old riding the more intense of the two? I haven't been on this ride in years, wondering what's the extent of these changes. Thanks in advance
Personally, I'd say no way for a 4 year old on orange. The forces would probably terrify them. Green may be fine for them though. That depends on if they can deal with loud-ish noises like the launch for example.

Then again, I'm not a parent so maybe someone else can weigh in better.

JohnD

That is my least favorite Disney song, but I'm glad at least someone likes it! I find the BGM to Test Track to be lacking as well, perhaps it's just that side of the park...

I can say I have never experienced Destiny because I still haven't been on M:S but I know it all too well from the WDW Music 2 CD set. No fan of it either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom