Mission:Space update (confirmed)

crxbrett

Slower/not at all. Old green spun at the end but slowly. There's a YouTube video of it. New green? No idea, but I felt something. Could've just been the capsule tilting to simulate forces though.

Does Green even spin? I only went on it once, but it literally felt like it just tilted a little, like Star Tours but even less extreme, and never actually spun. After doing Orange a handful of times, Green just seemed like it sat still to me, though. Maybe it does move, albeit very, very slowly. If it does spin/revolve, it's very subtle.

crxbrett

Okay, so here you can see the ride does not even spin until the very, very end. And it looks like it only does one full revolution/rotation before it stops and it takes a good 30 seconds to make that revolution. So it is suuuper slow and not intense whatsoever.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Okay, so here you can see the ride does not even spin until the very, very end. And it looks like it only does one full revolution/rotation before it stops and it takes a good 30 seconds to make that revolution. So it is suuuper slow and not intense whatsoever.

It's probably just to get all the vomit pooled in one corner.

crxbrett

From what I have heard, MS Orange rotates at 16rpms. So watching that video, Green team looks like 2rpms since it took :30 seconds to do 1 full revolution. Basically Orange spins 8x as fast as Green.

PorterRedkey

Well, now we know the source of the erroneous rumor that the green and orange missions are being renamed earth and mars missions... a CM who read one sign....

View attachment 221907

It seems no where else are the missions referred thusly. Which, in a way, is a flub on Disney's part to have several different names: Mars or Earth? Orange or Green? More intense or Less intense?

It is also on the main sign with the orange and green mission words in a smaller font than "EARTH" or "MARS"
mission-space-signage-08012017-1.jpg

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
It is also on the main sign with the orange and green mission words in a smaller font than "EARTH" or "MARS"
mission-space-signage-08012017-1.jpg

Well, yeah, you're informed where the green and orange missions go, but, it really doesn't say "Earth Mission" nor "Mars Mission." The import of that is that on the site that shan't be uttered, they made a big deal of saying that "orange and green" are being renamed to "Mars Mission and Earth Mission", as in no more green and orange. So far, only one sign that we've seen has the phrases "Mars Mission" and "Earth Mission."

It's probably because someone saw that sign that they came away with the "news" of a renaming.

And they were so proud of that scoop.

trainplane3

Well, yeah, you're informed where the green and orange missions go, but, it really doesn't say "Earth Mission" nor "Mars Mission." The import of that is that on the site that shan't be uttered, they made a big deal of saying that "orange and green" are being renamed to "Mars Mission and Earth Mission", as in no more green and orange. So far, only one sign that we've seen has the phrases "Mars Mission" and "Earth Mission."

It's probably because someone saw that sign that they came away with the "news" of a renaming.

And they were so proud of that scoop.
I think the cards they give out say Mars or Earth mission on them now. I'll have to pay attention on Sunday.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I think the cards they give out say Mars or Earth mission on them now. I'll have to pay attention on Sunday.

Just checked a few videos:

upload_2017-8-11_19-14-21.png

upload_2017-8-11_19-16-4.png

The funny thing is that once you pass the (AFAIK) one and only sign that names it specifically Earth Mission and Mars Mission, then there's no more mention of Earth or Mars. You must chose not between the mission objectives, but 'more intense' v. 'less intense.' I guess they don't want people inadvertently choosing the more intense simply because they want to go to Mars.

upload_2017-8-11_19-18-31.png

upload_2017-8-11_19-19-14.png

trainplane3

View attachment 221950

View attachment 221952

The funny thing is that once you pass the (AFAIK) one and only sign that names it specifically Earth Mission and Mars Mission, then there's no more mention of Earth or Mars. You must chose not between the mission objectives, but 'more intense' v. 'less intense.' I guess they don't want people inadvertently choosing the more intense simply because they want to go to Mars.

View attachment 221953

View attachment 221954
Ah ya, I remember now. Obviously it's strange since I couldn't remember that even though I rode it a couple hours ago. I'll stick to calling it Mars and earth probably.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

View attachment 221950

View attachment 221952

View attachment 221953

View attachment 221954
I used to just step up and ask for the "Chicken Pass". I'll bet that still works.

No Name

I was hoping for some improvements in the story itself, a good soundtrack, something else. But what we got is still a very welcome improvement.

From what I have heard, MS Orange rotates at 16rpms. So watching that video, Green team looks like 2rpms since it took :30 seconds to do 1 full revolution. Basically Orange spins 8x as fast as Green.

The ride system requires that it do at least one full rotation. Otherwise green wouldn't rotate.

trainplane3

I was hoping for some improvements in the story itself, a good soundtrack, something else. But what we got is still a very welcome improvement.

The ride system requires that it do at least one full rotation. Otherwise green wouldn't rotate.
Did you ride it yet? There were definitely some new pieces of music in there. They actually sounded quite different than the original soundtrack. These new pieces weren't anything long, but it was something. Mainly during the preshow segments. The same old area loop plays in the gift shop/exit area though.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I find it very odd that they'd replace CAPCOM, yet give her practically the exact same script throughout. I guess for people who are new to it, it will be fine, but after how well I know the old script, seems weird to have someone new saying it exactly.

Jeff456

Very excited to give this a go, still in two minds about weather to try Green with the Earth Mission, Orange does make me feel sick but I see it as a trade off for how awesome it is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom