Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Princess Leia

Between F&W, Flower Garden and this past winter's Festival of the Arts/Winter Fest, I feel as if there are food/drink booths up about 8-9 months of the year.
2017 Epcot festivals:
  • Festival of the Arts: 24 days
  • Flower & Garden: 90 days
  • Food & Wine: 75 days
  • Holidays: 37 days
226/365 days this year, or close to 62%, which is 7.4 months out of 12. You were close ;)

My guess is that they'll either extend Festival of the Arts to another weekend (by pushing F&G back a week), or they'll make it daily, instead of weekends-only. With all of the construction looming in Epcot's future, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney added a few more days to F&W and Arts to get people into the park.

disneygeek90

2017 Epcot festivals:
  • Festival of the Arts: 24 days
  • Flower & Garden: 90 days
  • Food & Wine: 75 days
  • Holidays: 37 days
226/365 days this year, or close to 62%, which is 7.4 months out of 12. You were close ;)

My guess is that they'll either extend Festival of the Arts to another weekend (by pushing F&G back a week), or they'll make it daily, instead of weekends-only. With all of the construction looming in Epcot's future, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney added a few more days to F&W and Arts to get people into the park.
Close! I think they'll expand Festival of the Arts this year pushing it closer to 8 months. It was such a last minute event but I really enjoyed it and I think it had positive feedback. Also really liked the holiday drinks around Christmastime.

Princess Leia

Close! I think they'll expand Festival of the Arts this year pushing it closer to 8 months. It was such a last minute event but I really enjoyed it and I think it had positive feedback. Also really liked the holiday drinks around Christmastime.
In regards to Arts and Holidays, there isn't too much leeway (unless they make Arts open daily).
This year's dates:
  • Arts: January 13th- February 20th
  • F&G: March 1st- May 29th
  • F&W: August 31st- November 13th
  • Holiday: November 24th- December 30th
Now, Disney could push F&G back a week if they wanted to give Arts an extra week, and they could start F&W one week earlier, but that's about it (unless they want to run a festival in the summer- which they technically already are doing with F&W).

disneygeek90

In regards to Arts and Holidays, there isn't too much leeway (unless they make Arts open daily).
This year's dates:
  • Arts: January 13th- February 20th
  • F&G: March 1st- May 29th
  • F&W: August 31st- November 13th
  • Holiday: November 24th- December 30th
Now, Disney could push F&G back a week if they wanted to give Arts an extra week, and they could start F&W one week earlier, but that's about it (unless they want to run a festival in the summer- which they technically already are doing with F&W).
Yep, that's a pretty packed schedule. Aside from the summer months, we really just have a few weeks off between festivals while they get everything set up. I really like the variety as opposed to a more "permanent" feeling. Having the seasonal treats and drinks are nice.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Holiday was just 5 booths. Wonder if they'll expand that or if they were just there for the crowds. During peak seasons, WDW puts out more food carts to handle the extra people, and so, the holiday booths were just classy food carts.

I'll like to see Arts go daily to give me a chance to experience it.

Princess Leia

Holiday was just 5 booths. Wonder if they'll expand that or if they were just there for the crowds. During peak seasons, WDW puts out more food carts to handle the extra people, and so, the holiday booths were just classy food carts.

I'll like to see Arts go daily to give me a chance to experience it.
It looks like the 24th is the earliest Disney will go for the Holiday festival (day after Thanksgiving), but I'm sure more booths could be set out. If Alpine Haus returns, it might be moved (was in between Morocco and France last year) if construction for Ratatouille is occurring.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So it looks like the France pavilion will have:
  • A brand new ride
  • Some type of film
  • Two table service restaurants
  • A counter service restaurant
  • An ice cream/sorbet parlor
  • A perfume shop
  • A wine shop
  • Two little alcohol/crepe kiosks

And a Gateway and gondola station...

IveBeenJack

From what I have seen DSNY on YouTube just recycles any rumour as fact... primarily from this forum.
We all hear rumors from different places all across the internet, all I do is bring the rumours to those who are not savvy enough to enter the world of the Disney forums on a daily basis. Overall at the end of the end, more educated Disney Fans are better Disney Fans, in my books. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We all hear rumors from different places all across the internet, all I do is bring the rumours to those who are not savvy enough to enter the world of the Disney forums on a daily basis. Overall at the end of the end, more educated Disney Fans are better Disney Fans, in my books. :)

I personally feel anyone reporting on Disney (and really any topic for that matter) should carefully vet the rumors before posting them to prevent the spread of rumors that don't have solid provenance. I have seen many times when someone will post a rumor here and talk about how it must have credibility because it's on multiple sites, but when you trace the rumor you find it leads back to one less then reliable source.

Last edited:

Rteetz

I personally feel anyone reporting on Disney (and really any topic for that matter) should carefully vet the rumors before posting them to prevent the spread of rumors that don't have solid provenance. I have seen many time when someone will post a rumor here and talk about how it must have credibility because it's on multiple sites, but when you trace the rumor you find it leads back to one less then reliable source.
Amen

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I personally feel anyone reporting on Disney (and really any topic for that matter) should carefully vet the rumors before posting them to prevent the spread of rumors that don't have solid provenance. I have seen many times when someone will post a rumor here and talk about how it must have credibility because it's on multiple sites, but when you trace the rumor you find it leads back to one less then reliable source.
Abso flippin' lutely.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The News and Rumors section has become flooded with ridiculous threads (especially over the last few months), that have no reason to be posted other than the OP's desire to create it. Many have no credibility behind them and are neither news or rumor. Some threads are just questions. How does that constitute news or rumor? I get it that News and Rumors is like the "cool kids table at lunch" and people want their thread to be seen, but it needs to stop.

jt04

The News and Rumors section has become flooded with ridiculous threads (especially over the last few months), that have no reason to be posted other than the OP's desire to create it. Many have no credibility behind them and are neither news or rumor. Some threads are just questions. How does that constitute news or rumor? I get it that News and Rumors is like the "cool kids table at lunch" and people want their thread to be seen, but it needs to stop.

I am sure the mods are taking names.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom