Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Oriolesmagic

I would rather see them tear down the circus tents and build an even better version of Peter Pan in that spot...double tracked, newer effects, longer ride. Remove the circus train splash area and replace it with a Neverland themed play area and a Pixie Hollow meet and greet thing. That would give the whole Peter Pan ip a little proper respect... Create an all new Tangled ride to replace Peter Pan after the new Peter Pan area opens... Use the expanded Peter Pan Queue as another Princess Hug Zone for Tangled and I think the park would make a lot of sense...

Certainly not a bad option either. I've always been in favor of moving It's a Small World to EPCOT *Dodges tomatoes* to open up a spot for a large scale Tangled boat ride.

cjkeating

I am also curious about some of these other projects. I saw a video on Youtube (DSNY channel) with title of something like 'Coco and Mary Poppins might come to Epcot.' It just said that there is 'talk' about these rumors and I have no clue if this YT channel is a good source or not, but it did remind me that Coco was mentioned on this site before. I don't recall Mary Poppins being mentioned before, but the same video mentioned the Lochness monster attraction I have heard mentioned here. Unfortunately I don't know much about these projects.

Does anybody have new info on Coco rumor and is Mary Poppins really a possibility? Lochness? If these notions of adding to/changing Mexico and Uk are true, WS could change quite a bit in addition to Rat in France.

From what I have seen DSNY on YouTube just recycles any rumour as fact... primarily from this forum.

Daveeeeed

I would rather see them tear down the circus tents and build an even better version of Peter Pan in that spot...double tracked, newer effects, longer ride. Remove the circus train splash area and replace it with a Neverland themed play area and a Pixie Hollow meet and greet thing. That would give the whole Peter Pan ip a little proper respect... Create an all new Tangled ride to replace Peter Pan after the new Peter Pan area opens... Use the expanded Peter Pan Queue as another Princess Hug Zone for Tangled and I think the park would make a lot of sense...
Your Tangled wish has been granted.
upload_2017-6-14_0-21-21.png

;)But this is @Imagineerland's epic idea for a Tangled ride replacement of Peter Pan's Flight.
If you're interested in his work: http://imagineerland.blogspot.com/2016/02/a-tangled-tale.html

Last edited:

misterID

The circus area is a mess and feels completely trashy. Pixie Hollow was a way better concept.

Bocabear

Pixie Hollow offered nothing more than a meet and greet...not that the circus tents have much more, and I am certainly not defending the circus tents, but Pixie Hollow was equally lame...It needed to be a fully fleshed out Arrendelle or Neverland, or something major...Even the Tokyo Disney Seas Triton's Castle with all the rides and attractions they have.... Not either of the cop-out plans they had for WDW...

Princess Leia

With the additions of Ratatouille and whatever goes into the UK (plus Coco and a potential replacement for Energy?), is there a chance that the tiered FP+ system at Epcot could go away? Or would it need a few more attractions to change that?

Current tiered system (total of 18 attractions- rides, shows, M&G):
Tier 1- Frozen, Soarin', Test Track, and Illuminations
Tier 2- Short Film, Spaceship Earth, Imagination, Living with the Land, Mission Space, Character Spot, Turtle Talk, Nemo
No FP+ required- Energy, Gran Fiesta, Reflections of China, American Adventure, Impressions de France, O Canada

I'm assuming that all new attractions would go into Tier 1 (at least momentarily, though idk what the UK would go into since most details are unknown). Unless they moved Test Track into Tier 2, there could be 8 attractions in Tier 1, matching the number of attractions in Tier 2 (or 7 if they get rid of the FP for the Short Film Festival).

Anyways, barring the straight up removal of an attraction (please let IDF stay), the number of attractions would go up to 20.

edit- Magic Kingdom has 25 attractions that offer FastPass+, DHS has 12, and DAK has 12.

Last edited:

Kman101

Pixie Hollow offered nothing more than a meet and greet...not that the circus tents have much more, and I am certainly not defending the circus tents, but Pixie Hollow was equally lame...It needed to be a fully fleshed out Arrendelle or Neverland, or something major...Even the Tokyo Disney Seas Triton's Castle with all the rides and attractions they have.... Not either of the cop-out plans they had for WDW...

If it was one or the other that's why I said Pixie. I'd prefer something other than circus and pixie. It would have better theming though. I know what it was meant to be. There was also a teacup style flat ride attached to it.

Bocabear

If it was one or the other that's why I said Pixie. I'd prefer something other than circus and pixie. It would have better theming though. I know what it was meant to be. There was also a teacup style flat ride attached to it.
I agree about having something better themed completely... and if built we would have had two Dumbos and Two Teacups rides in Fantasyland...I guess I would still rather have another Teacups versus the water play area....Move that to Blizzard Beach or one of the value resorts...

Kman101

I agree about having something better themed completely... and if built we would have had two Dumbos and Two Teacups rides in Fantasyland...I guess I would still rather have another Teacups versus the water play area....Move that to Blizzard Beach or one of the value resorts...

lol it's sad we're picking between two meh concepts. They can do so much better. The water play area is in a terrible spot in an already congested mini land. I like the train station and that's about it. They could have given us the Circus Train attraction instead ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom